The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Hi again

Im sad to say that i still have the same problem as last time, with the kicking thing, same goes for spec and ban option.

I´ve not change the config file in the penalty option and it still doesent work (running lapper 5.706) dono what to do? its a bit annoying.

I went to a different lapper server and there was the same problem
Use UTF8 Editor like PSPPAD, work fine here

Hello

New stable version 5.7.1.0

look at changes.txt or news options
config file is renamed with lpr extension

Last change

+----------------------------+
|Changes from v5.706 to 5.710|
1. AvgSpeed is allowed in all player event

2. Fix $allow regression

3. Allow && ( and ), || ( or ) in expression
example:
IF( $var > 2 && $var < 5 ) THEN
ENDIF
4. Add new Var
$HostName -> Current host Name

Caution : Configs files before 5.7.0.0 are obsolete and use UTF8 or ansi editor like psppad to edit config file.

Open cfg/LFSLapper.lpr with UTF8 or ansi compliant ( PSPPAD -> http://www.pspad.com/fr/ ) editor, you can find Lapper.INI in doc folder and put it in pspad subfolder Syntax to have colorized lapper config file

Gai-Luron
Seems like /mode=demo doesn't return the correct username to the lapper and that's why its kick/ban functions don't work with patch Z anymore.
However you can solve this by using /mode=s2 and making the server demo compatible by allowing no more than 15 guests and 12 cars (and Blackwood/democars only of course)

edit: Yay!! new stable version :eclipsee_
i go to test demo, thank's for the infos

Edit : fixed demo ban/kick/spec issue. "The_saint" the next time, tell me you are using demo server , all my test are done with S2 server

Quote :+----------------------------+
|Changes from v5.710 to 5.711|
1. Fix username issue for kick/ban/spec in demo host

Gai-Luron
Thanks for the new stable version.
Tonight I made a demo-server with versio 5.707beta and found an issue with:

Event EnterPitAction()
privMsg( $Nickname . "^8 teleported to pits!" );
EndEvent

When it's commented out and someone presses SHIFT+P the console of Lapper shows the following error:

Sub 'EnterPitAction' not found in your config file

When it's active and you fireup Lapper the console shows the following error:

Event EnterPitAction do not exist in LFSLapper

The first error is logical since the event is commented out, the second error isn't logical at all. Further I found that people in pit still aren't excluded for the idle time-out. So when working on setup in practise, you get spectated every 20 seconds which is very annoying.
Fixed EnterPitAction

For now comment it!

For the exclude to idle, before Z you are considered not on track when in pit, now yes. i take a look later.

Edit : Fixed, for now player join race

Modification on next release

Gai-Luron
Thank you very much Gai-Luron
Great work:headbang:

(Sry, slipped my mind not to tell you that im using demo right now :shy
Hi All,
I have a headache with trying to solve this one so gonna post it here and go to bed, hopefully I will get up to an answer tomorrow....

Event OnSplit1()

I want to call a sub I created into here each time this event takes place.

EndEvent

Also what is the code numbers for a solid black background colour for a button or can you not use solid colours

Thanks guys
First of all I want to thank Gai for all the hard work he put into the latest version of Lapper and sharing the test-versions with us. It was good fun helping you debug en suggesting extra features. I'm very happy with the result at the moment but still have two requests for a future version.

Please add the option to make buttons in which text could be typed in. This would be very useful to kick/ban/spec people without having admin-rights. Ofcourse it could be done by !ban with $allow attached to it but I like to include such buttons in an admin-panel I've made.

Last wish (at least for this moment) is to add an option to put Lapper on hold. Sometimes my team want to stop Lapper before a big leaguerace and now I have to turn in off by hand and starting it after the race. So it would be very useful to have an option to pause Lapper and start it again when needed.
Quote from Andy King :Hi All,
I have a headache with trying to solve this one so gonna post it here and go to bed, hopefully I will get up to an answer tomorrow....

Event OnSplit1()

I want to call a sub I created into here each time this event takes place.

EndEvent

Also what is the code numbers for a solid black background colour for a button or can you not use solid colours

Thanks guys

I tried so make a Sub on that event and it worked. But there's a 'problem'. A Sub can only be accessed using a button. So I made a button which closes automaticly but that's not the same as actually pressing it. So nothing happens as long as the button isn't pressed. Here's my sample code:

Event OnSplit1()
openPrivButton( "test",2,2,10,10,5,-1,0,"SPLIT",Test_sub );
cmdLFS( "/msg " . $Nickname . " passed split 1" );
EndEvent

Sub Test_sub()
cmdLFS( "/msg " . $Nickname . " passed split 1 once more" );
EndSub

This works but only after pressing the button, when changing -1 to 0 or 1, the button is displayed for the amound of time and is closed then. But the Sub isn't called.

As far as I know you can't use solid colors with button. Only light/dark transparent ones. There's something written about colors on button in insim.txt but I don't understand what they are saying.
Hello,

For now you can't call an other sub in event or sub section.

Sub in button work only if you click on buton.

Gai-Luron
Thanks Gai,

New lapper works super now
Hi, I've got a question:

Is it possible to check if a players setup is the same as a given setup? A bit like in CTRA, with the weight, but then for all settings. A fixed setup, yes.
And that, if the players setup is not the same, he gets spectated and is given a message with the link to the setupfile?

Thanks in advance.
Quote from Darkone55 :Hi, I've got a question:

Is it possible to check if a players setup is the same as a given setup? A bit like in CTRA, with the weight, but then for all settings. A fixed setup, yes.
And that, if the players setup is not the same, he gets spectated and is given a message with the link to the setupfile?

Thanks in advance.

No that's not possible at the moment. You can asign extra weight to players in the config-file but you can't check setup.

@Gai:

I've found a small problem in Lapper 5.711. When completing a penalty there's still a message on the console that says: Penalty not catched PENR_UNKNOWN
But there's also a new message that says: Sub '' not found in your config file

[edit 21:38]
Found a small bug.
When set: $SwearWordsMax = 3;
People can use 4 swearwords before any action is taken. After the first used swearword they get "... 3 remaining" instead of "... 2 remaining" since max is 3 and 1 is already used.
[/edit]
Hi Gai,

Has the following code changed:

IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 1 ) THEN $color = "^2"; ELSE $color = " ^1"; ENDIF

I think the bit in red is wrong as worked fine in previous version.

Just found this:
Many modification and Upgrade in expression evaluator operator allowed:
+,-,/,*,^,==,!=,>,<,<=,>=

But unsure what some mean

Thanks
Quote from Andy King :
Just found this:

+ | something plus something
- | something minus something
/ | something devided by something
* | something multiplied by something
^ | ???
== | something is equal to something
!= | something is not equal to something
> | something is bigger then something
< | something is smaller then something
<= | something is smaller then or equal to something
>= | something is bigger then or equal to something
Quote from Andy King :Hi Gai,

Has the following code changed:

IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 1 ) THEN $color = "^2"; ELSE $color = " ^1"; ENDIF

I think the bit in red is wrong as worked fine in previous version.

Just found this:

Thanks

IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 1 )

what do you want test? this isn't correct! i don't know what you espect from this test. Before time vars are considered like string, now no!

if you want test a difference of 1 s you can put

IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == "0.01.00" )
or
IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 100 )

100 = 1/100 if second

because DiffLapTimeToPB is time type

^ = pow

2^4 = 16

SwearWordsMax fixed
For messages penalty and '' is just a warning, don't worry. Removed Because you are anxious

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 1 )

what do you want test? this isn't correct! i don't know what you espect from this test. Before time vars are considered like string, now no!

if you want test a difference of 1 s you can put

IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == "0.01.00" )
or
IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 100 )

100 = 1/100 if second

because DiffLapTimeToPB is time type

Gai-Luron

Hi Gai,
I got the above code from your post http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=863587#post863587 thats why I used it, it stopped working with latest version of lapper, it stopped showing GREEN Color if faster.

Thanks for all your help
My exemple is on SplitNumber witch value is 1, 2 or 3

but $DiffLapTimeToPB is a time value. If it work on last version it's the hazard or maybe before i convert string to number on test

"0.10.10" wille be converted in 0.1 -> 1 = true
"-0.00.10" in -0.0 -> false

finally you can't do that

try
IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB >= "0.00.00" )
THEN
$color = "your color";
ELSE
$color = "other color";
ENDIF

Gai-Luron
Hi Gai,

That doesn't work either. I want to diplay negative numbers in green without the --- minus sign if posible and positive numbers in red so u can see at a glance by color if your faster on splits or lap. Sorted this and am happy with it

Is it possible to put all the code I have created in a seperate file and have Lapper use it from the file as the .lpr is getting massive..

Kick Unnamed WORKS lol saw one kicked tonight. Thanks Gai

BUG: All the new variables don't hide when using SHIFT+I to hide info.

Request: Can we have the variables that LFSRelax uses, Laps of Fuel Left, Time Behind and Ahead of drivers in Race Mode only so we can add these features to our PitBoards.

Thanks for all your help
I might have found another bug but I'm not completely sure this time.

This evening I tried to use the events: Event OnFalseStartL1() , Event OnFalseStartL2()

On the first event I have: $RemainFDIP=$RemainFDIP-1;
On the second event I have: $RemainFDIP=$RemainFDIP-2;

As expected $RemainFDID is reduced by 1 or 2.
But when leaving pits after the second event (the race is still going on with an AI on track) and then speeding in pitlane, $RemainFDID has been reset to 3 (in my case) and is again reduced by 1 for speeding. I expected to be banned since I made a major false start (minus 2 for that) and speeding the pitlane should have cost me my last point so a ban is executed.

I'm not sure this is a bug or a misunderstanding from my side. Anyway it could be usefull to reset $RemainFDIP only when a race restarts and not when a player is spectated for making a false start.
Quote :Request: Can we have the variables that LFSRelax uses, Laps of Fuel Left, Time Behind and Ahead of drivers in Race Mode only so we can add these features to our PitBoards.

No fuel left work only for a local player. You don't have info of the other player. Ahead of drivers use very much memory, i don't install it in Lapper. If player want this feature he can load LFSRelax

Quote :On the first event I have: $RemainFDIP=$RemainFDIP-1;

You can't modify buit-in var in Script ( if yes you can crash Lapper, too many risk ), only your's vars
Quote :BUG: All the new variables don't hide when using SHIFT+I to hide info.

I don't understand what you mean

Quote :IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB == 1 ) THEN $color = "^2"; ELSE $color = " ^1"; ENDIF

Now work, try this and adapt for you wish

IF( $DiffLapTimeToPB >= 0 )
THEN
$color = "^1";
$diff = $DiffLapTimeToPB;
ELSE
$color = "^2";
$diff = - $DiffLapTimeToPB;
ENDIF

privMsg( "New lap " .$color . $LapTime . "(" . $diff . ")" );

New Lapper version 5.7.1.2.

Some bug corrections and little add

Quote :+----------------------------+
|Changes from v5.711 to 5.712|
1. Fix EnterPitAction

2. Fix Idling when in pit ( teleported shift+P )

3. Fix center text in button under certain condition

4. You can call a sub or event in other event, be carrefully do not do an infinite Loop

5. Fix Swearword count

6. Remove warning messages on PENR_UNKNOWN

7. Remove warning "Sub '' not found in your config file"

8. $RotateTracks and $RotateCars are independent
if $RotateCars = "" or RotateCars = "Onecar" , rotate only on track and current car
if $RotateTrack = "" or $RotateTrack = "Onetrack", rotate only on car and this track or current track

9. Correct bug on test time value

Thank you for the quick answer and the new version.
You've done a great job the last couple of weeks.
Quote from Andy King :BUG: All the new variables don't hide when using SHIFT+I to hide info.

If I press SHIFT+I I can press HIDE to stop lapper showing me splits and laptimes like before. Now Lapper only hides the original variables and not the new ones so HIDE doesn't hide everything anymore. You need to add new variables to HIDE config so racers can hide splits, laptimes like they used to.

Hope that explains it better.
I understand,

But hide only apply on OnSpbSplit1, OnSpbSplit2..., OnSpbSplitLast. If you want your code to be hidden, put it in ths events.
In fact

OnSpbSplit1 triggered at same time than OnSplit1
OnSpbSplit2 triggered at same time than OnSplit2
OnSpbSplit3 triggered at same time than OnSplit3
OnSpbSplitLast triggered at same time than OnLap

The only difference is the hiding or no by config user.

OnSplit(X) can be hidden, no OnSplit(X)

Gai-Luron
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG