The online racing simulator
Quote from T.J. :That gave me a boner :O

Boner like, stånd? :P Do you mean you like it?
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Here is what I've done so far. What did you mean with "remove all unwanted sharp edges"?

There are ugly lines at texture junctions you need to remove them and in the other hand add sharp edges where there is black shading like at the hood end or top of the fascia...

Quote from T.J. :Her er noe for deg kjære nabo

Or in English: Here is something for you, dear neighbor

Clicky

arghh, I'm a Z32 owner and this one on the pic makes me sad, she seems mistreated
A better example for the XRR comparison would be this:

Quote from Bogey Jammer :There are ugly lines at texture junctions you need to remove them and in the other hand add sharp edges where there is black shading like at the hood end or top of the fascia...

Yeah, I saw that now, how to fix it? I would really appreciate help with this from you or someone else.

Edit: Here is the same lights with some modifications and materials
Attached images
lamp wip XRR.jpg
Nice thread, good, helpful information
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Boner like, stånd? :P Do you mean you like it?

Jeg mente at jeg likte den

@Bogey; I just searced for high resolution pictures and that was the best I could find.. No offence. I have loved that car all day since my neighbour got one and tuned it Sexy sound!
Blender (XP 32 versus Ubuntu 64)
Look at this:

Render on Win XP 32.

same file render on Ubuntu 64.

what is happen??
Interesting, do you use the same version of Blender and the same file?
There should not be difference between OS I think, but as I can see it's better to keep using windows, not linux for rendering. I can't explain more since I'm no more a linux user..
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Interesting, do you use the same version of Blender and the same file?
There should not be difference between OS I think, but as I can see it's better to keep using windows, not linux for rendering. I can't explain more since I'm no more a linux user..

Yeap. Same version 2.46. However, 64 bits version.
Yesterday, i spend some hours working on kit 1. :hypnotize
This kit version does not have the same problem.
How I don't know very well Blender, I compared the two kits and modified the kit 1 based on the kit 2.

But I can't get the same quality. :noob:

And as I don't want to buy a 64-bit version of Windows, prefer the 64-bit ubuntu because reduce significantly the time to render.

The images above in windows32+Blender32 take 4 minutes each. On ubuntu64+Blender64 18 SECONDS!! :jawdrop:

That's a big difference!:woohoo:

Anyway, thanks for answering my question and I particularly advise using ubuntu 64 + blender 64 to increase production.

I will keep trying. :juggle:

What if I get success, I will post.
Wow, 64 bit architecture is cool, I've decided to get this when I'll buy a new computer anyway, but I did not know how rendering time is reduced..

The only change that could be present between the linux64 and win32 blender files is the ambient occlusion settings in the 'world' menu. Check if the sample number is the same or raise it in the linux version.
The rim color change is more a mystery for me
Well been playing with this for a little while now, actually got something i'm happy with as a desktop wallpaper now, i've read through this thread but still can't find how to change the floor texture from grey to something else, maybe Bogey Jammer or someone else could do a tut for it as i found the ones in post one really easy to follow.

Oh and a big thanks to Bogey Jammer for all his work on this , i'm having lots of fun.

Can this program be used for other sims like GTR2,Race,Arca or Rfactor, would love to render some of those skins if i could.
Nice render kit, Bogey. Many Thanks!

Here's a link to my effort done in Ubuntu 8.04 (Blender 2.45) with the v2 kit. I had to do it with one thread and one tile only as when I had multiple threads the brightness of neighbouring areas in the picture would sometimes vary. The 1280x1024 took 3.5hrs. I also enable the AO option to cut down some noise in the white text.

It looks to me that there may be an error with the 3D model. The rear wing uprights look to be slightly detached from the back of the car. I can't navigate around in blender well enough to check.
Attached images
FXR_Guinness_1280.png
ok..i might just be retarded..but..
when i try to add anther car in the scene it just wont work.
is something missing in the tutorial?..

or am i just being stupid?

link to my latest creation.
http://i178.photobucket.com/al ... asy_Mike/fxr_render_1.png

i want to add other cars but dont get the tut correctly i think..
explain how to..pls..
Quote from Easy_Mike :...i want to add other cars but dont get the tut correctly i think..
explain how to..pls..

go to file/merged
I think Blender may have a different command to 3ds max.
forgiveness, I thought that was the max
hehe..is that good or bad then?..u thinking it was 3dmax?..

well the problem is still here so a good night slep didnt help.
Quote from Gooner UK :i've read through this thread but still can't find how to change the floor texture from grey to something else, maybe Bogey Jammer or someone else could do a tut for it as i found the ones in post one really easy to follow.

Select the floor, go to the material menu (F5 key), and change the colors in the 3 cases stack.

Quote from Gooner UK : Can this program be used for other sims like GTR2,Race,Arca or Rfactor, would love to render some of those skins if i could.

Is it possible but it probably needs to import the specific 3D models and to remake materials and scene settings. Maybe a dude made a kit like mine for one of these games.

Quote from CursedPustule :Nice render kit, Bogey. Many Thanks!

Here's a link to my effort done in Ubuntu 8.04 (Blender 2.45) with the v2 kit. I had to do it with one thread and one tile only as when I had multiple threads the brightness of neighbouring areas in the picture would sometimes vary. The 1280x1024 took 3.5hrs. I also enable the AO option to cut down some noise in the white text.

Do you mean that AO was desactived when you open the kit with Ubuntu? It would be abnormal since Blender is multiplatform.

Quote from CursedPustule :It looks to me that there may be an error with the 3D model. The rear wing uprights look to be slightly detached from the back of the car. I can't navigate around in blender well enough to check.

Don't worry, everything seem OK for me, I've not made any physical change on the 3D models.

Quote from Easy_Mike :well the problem is still here so a good night slep didnt help.

What's wrong exactly? when do you think something is wrong in the procedure?
thx for reply m8.

well i get so far that i move the "objekt" to another layer.(M key)
then press ctrl+L to copy to another scene..

ex: im in the FZR scene..copied the car and moved to another layer...chose FXO GTR scene...one of the already made ones.trying to merge the FZR and FXR in same scene.

nothing..nada..

what am i doing wrong?..should i make a custom scene?
do i save the process before i press ctrl+L?

pls explain like im a dumbass..more to the point of language problem that may accure

standing by for reply
I download the Blender then after installing? I can't open Images not unless it is .blend file.

How come it is like this?
Easy Mike, make sure that the copied FZR is still selected before typing Ctrl+L. If this command succeeded, the FZR center point turns from pink to light blue. Then go to the FXO scene and activate the layer where the FZR is located, it should be here.

Deejayyaj, don't use an automated translator, it is impossible to understand...
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Easy Mike, make sure that the copied FZR is still selected before typing Ctrl+L. If this command succeeded, the FZR center point turns from pink to light blue. Then go to the FXO scene and activate the layer where the FZR is located, it should be here.

that is so strange.. but it works.
thx alot.must have done something wrong before..
-
(Deejayyaj) DELETED by Deejayyaj
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Deejayyaj, don't use an automated translator, it is impossible to understand...

Hmmm... I'll just try to render in 3D Max.

Thanks anyway for posting this thread. you helped a lot making render skins on this program.. Good luck
Arh, i don't know how to do this, can someone please help? I have opened the blend file with the cars, and now i'm going to load my skin, but i don't know how to do it, and i can't open the pictures in this guide :S
Please help
Quote from jensbrix :Arh, i don't know how to do this, can someone please help? I have opened the blend file with the cars, and now i'm going to load my skin, but i don't know how to do it, and i can't open the pictures in this guide :S
Please help

Follow the tutorial and you'll figure it out
For the last day and a bit i've been rendering a 1920x1080 HD Render.

Becuase it was so big it was going to take over a day to render with my dads laptop, and the laptop was reaching 87 Degrees when rendering
So if i left it on to render the whole thing at once it would melt.

Therefore i found a way to render seperate parts of the picture, and then i just pieced them together on photoshop.
The picture which is attatched is acctually made from 13 different renders.

If anyone else is having trouble rendering the whole picture at once id say use the border option to only render select parts , then put em together like ive done

Oh and would some people be able to post some scenes of backgrounds? Like in the other 3d topic they have links to garages and bridges and things, but im looking for some .blend scenes for the cars to go with
Por Favour

Anyways heres my render, ive not done anything besides turn the wheels and change the camera view a little.
Attached images
Render.jpg

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG