The online racing simulator
Patch Z = Easier to drift?
(40 posts, started )
I know that Patch Z has improved car handling, but I assumed that would be for racing purposes. In Patch Y I didn't have a chance at drifting, but I just hopped on a drift server for fun and actually did well on some corners. Patch Z, or better car control on my part?
The now lower center of gravity makes all the difference.
I haven't really tried to deliberately drift, but the XRT seems to get tail happy still, which makes me smile
I could immediately notice the difference when racing in the XRT, but when drifting the difference was smaller. Its still a nice car to drift and its probably a little easier.
Do you mean easier to drift or more realistic to drift?
With my DFP I found it harder to drift in patch Z, more grip on cold tyres, which means I need to push it far harder than before and still be more focused to avoid understeer, otherwise on warm tyres it's much easier to oversteer than before. But I'm getting used to it. (DFP at 720 degrees)
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Do you mean easier to drift or more realistic to drift?

It's always realistic in lfs even if it's easier..
Easier to drift for me too
its different thats for sure, havent drifted much since the patch so dont know if its better or not
#9 - TG44
i find it hard on colds... more understeer, more grip in the rear.. and then sudden spins
yeah, it has more understeer. though you can get rid of this with some subtle setup changes.
Not much understeer with my setups, but it spins a bit easier with worn tyres now, so i have to be a bit more careful. Im using g25.
A bit easier to drift for me too and just like Tazka said easier spins on hot-worn tyres.(G25 720)

still fun though!
I heard somebody say on that drift server that it was more realistic, but I've never drifted in real life so I wouldn't know. I'm using a G25 with 540 and it's MUCH easier for me at least. I haven't tried hot hot tyres.
Quote from NiTRo_SvK :With my DFP I found it harder to drift in patch Z, more grip on cold tyres, which means I need to push it far harder than before and still be more focused to avoid understeer, otherwise on warm tyres it's much easier to oversteer than before. But I'm getting used to it. (DFP at 720 degrees)

im really sorry for the off topic question, but how do you set your dfp to 720? does it still spin 900 degrees, but in game its 720, or was that a typo and you meant 270?

the second i jumped into Z, i dunno it might of been a mind thing but the rb4 felt...really smooth drifting. it felt kinda easier, but thats not really the word im trying to find
Sometimes I wonder if any of you forumers actually read the updates list.

The XRT and the RB4 had the rear suspensionarms raised which increases stability of the rear now. All I did to compensate for my setups was to reduce the rear antiroll bar.

EDIT: the lower CoG comes into play aswell
Quote from Ricerguy :Sometimes I wonder if any of you forumers actually read the updates list.

Quote :I know that Patch Z has improved car handling,
[snip]

Quote :Sometimes I wonder if any of you forumers actually read

Quote from LazLoW :I know that Patch Z has improved car handling, but I assumed that would be for racing purposes. In Patch Y I didn't have a chance at drifting, but I just hopped on a drift server for fun and actually did well on some corners. Patch Z, or better car control on my part?

Since you seem to misunderstand my post. Would stating "...I know that patch Z has improved car handling..." be specific enough to explain why you are not sure why the car is reacting as it is now, or would I still be safe saying that Scawen wrote exactly what changed ( rear suspension arms were raised, improving stability and overall driving pleasure of the car :tilt
Quote from Ricerguy :and overall driving pleasure of the car

Driving and drifting can be very different things. I've heard Scawen's opinion on cruising and his simple reply was that this is a racing simulator. I completely agree. Not a drifting simulator.
Quote from LazLoW :Driving and drifting can be very different things. I've heard Scawen's opinion on cruising and his simple reply was that this is a racing simulator. I completely agree. Not a drifting simulator.

why did he put cruise server option for servers list?
Quote from Kristjan.J :He's not against cruising, but LFS is a racing simulator.

I never said he was against it, I just said that it's a racing sim, not a drifting or cruising sim.
Quote from mutt107 :why did he put cruise server option for servers list?

So that adult players could switch off the kindergarden servers...
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from LazLoW :Driving and drifting can be very different things. I've heard Scawen's opinion on cruising and his simple reply was that this is a racing simulator. I completely agree. Not a drifting simulator.

What are you on about putting driving in bold? I never mentioned Being against drifting.
Quote from Boris Lozac :So that adult players could switch off the kindergarden servers...

Oooohhh, i like you. :>
Quote from darkinertia :im really sorry for the off topic question, but how do you set your dfp to 720? does it still spin 900 degrees, but in game its 720, or was that a typo and you meant 270?

profiler - 720
ingame - 720
wheel turn compensation - 0.00

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG