The online racing simulator
I had the right tactic (1 pit)
Everything going well after 1st pit.
I took second place and Vain was before me.
I decided to do some fast lap and i regain a bit of time.
Too much fast laps....at the end of the 57th lap my tyres blew up........
If i was a bit more wise, i had to wait a bit, and i will be probably on podium....

next time
I had a good quali, new pb by almost 2 tenths. Made a mistake exiting T1, recovering back to the track I saw nesrulz in my mirrors and it seemed he was going to go past on the inside (I was still trying to get back to speed) and must of braked too late because all I saw was him whizzing by straight across the track. Sorry if I blocked you then, thought you had plenty of time and space to spot me!

First stint wasn't too bad, consistency wasn't at my best in terms of consistency though. Pitted on lap 30 as per my 1 stop startegy and set off to stint 2. On lap 35 I thought I heard my left rear make 'odd' sounds but nothing showed on the info screen so I kept going. On lap 45 approaching the last corner, still on the gas going about 215 km/h it blew w/o warning and sent me hurtling down the track into the corner. Lost a lot of time then. Rest of the race was pretty standard stuff, trying to get to the end of the race. Pity I blew the tire though, was fifth and could have made it past the line before cP.

Not a good race for me, but not catastrophic either.
Really Enjoyed the Race,

Went on a R3 Combo,

Made it Last Easy to the 30 Laps,

After 5 Laps though i Missed a Breaking Point and Slid into the Wall, messing the Suspesion up and Droping me to 8th after the Pit and then a Drive through after Catching the Grass you Breaks dont Slow you Down as Qucik

Then Nuged ATC Evo off After my hugly Diffrent Line to Everybody Else, Did Stop until he go out the Gravel and got his Place Back, (Again Really Sorry for this Mate)

Also Got 180SX Somewhere but dont know if i moved across or He Did, Either Way sorry Mate,

Rolled it on lap 55 got Suspesion Damage but just Carried on going and Got 6th,

Cheers for the Great Race and Count me in for the Next race if i can Drive the Next Car,

Looks like it's gonna be GTi next race so no excuses for not being able to drive it!
Quote from Theafro :Looks like it's gonna be GTi next race so no excuses for not being able to drive it!

Hehe Did you not see me When Lapping me?

Mind you you Wernt Behind for long

I think i could drive the GTI then,

You're a good bloke to have along dude! It doesn't matter if you're fast or slow, as long as you're enjoyng the race!

my first GP was Blackwood + GTi, fun GP, got me hooked, so REV might be quite interesting
Quote from Theafro :You're a good bloke to have along dude! It doesn't matter if you're fast or slow, as long as you're enjoyng the race!

Now that i did,

Loved Every Second Even when i hit the Wall,Got a Drive thorugh and Rolled it,

Cannot wait for the Next one,

Also Cannot belive after all the Practice i did with R4 500+ Laps Offline and quite a Few online i did 10 Laps on R3 then Entered the Race using them and Easily Lasted the 30 Laps,

And was Easily faster then my R4 R3 Combo time,

Should Give me a Few Days head start for some Extra Practice,

Tip: race ONLINE as much as you can, even if you're just practicing in an empty server. For some reason it's kinda different feeling . you'll always do better laps and pick up some tips/sets from the faster guys, and you'll always do you're fastest times when somebody is chasing you
I qualified third, left T1 as 5th because I didn't really care and didn't want to crash my car just for T1.
I had a very good first stint. Not fast, but definitely fun, lots of overtaking, counter-attacks, just good driving.
In lap 30 I became leader of the race. I pitted in lap 33/34 as planned, exchanged front tyres and fueled up and left the pits still as the leader, lake (I think it was lake...) was somewhere in my rear mirror, showing up sometimes as a dark shadow, but nothing serious. Even though I wasn't as fast as I usually am I kept him at a distance.
That said, my second stint was quite boring. I followed two competing drivers with a space of perhaps a second and the one behind my didn't move any nearer either.
My strategy worked out fine. From my practice races I knew that my tyres would last at least until lap 62, with luck even over 65 laps.
Well so I thought until lap 58, when my rear right tyre burst. Must have produced a flat spot by chance.
Well, after getting new tyres I left the pits as 4th and finished 4th.
Then I talked with Quicksilver about the race and watched Pulp Fiction.

Vain
Really dissapointing for me. Qualified 3rd but got mawled by people twice on the first lap ending up right at the back. Then got a tyre blow out on lap 17 at turn 1 so forced to drive all the way round the outfield on the grass to get back to the pits. Lost well over a lap as the car would spin any time I tried to turn right. Pitted and got a full new set of tyres and unlapped myself against 2 or 3 people and made up a place but then on lap 29 another rear tyre failed, again on T1. I could not face another lap on the grass trying not to spin so disconnected.
Does anyone have the qualifying replay for server 2? or even better, have a picture of the final qually standings?

Quote : Edit:
@Cropsy - Sorry I didn't get you the replay last night mate, got caught up in my team race.

No worries mate
Quote from Vain :lake (I think it was lake...) was somewhere in my rear mirror, showing up sometimes as a dark shadow, but nothing serious.

Yes it was me and i was gaining time laps after laps.
Thats why i ve pushed my car.
You had after pits around 5 or 6 sec and just before my tyre blow, only 3 or 4, thats why i decided to drive a bit faster.
But tyres didnt resist... 2 laps before end...
Quote from Cropsy :Does anyone have the qualifying replay for server 2? or even better, have a picture of the final qually standings?

Emailed the replay to you mate, too big for upload here
Quote from need :Emailed the replay to you mate, too big for upload here

Excellent, thanks alot

I chose Clownpoint as driver of the pool, mainly down to his superb performance in the first half of the race. He started in last (due to him missing qualifying) but he soon managed to get himself up with the leaders and eventually get first place. Sadly, he had tire troubles and his great driving went unrewarded (apart from being named as driver of the pool ofcourse...)
Franky chose TheAfro as driver of the pool because of his strong, consistent driving throughout the qualifying and the race.
Congratulations to Miki & TheAfro.

Here are the pics.
Attached images
Server1.jpg
Server2.jpg

Nice work cropsy
Nice job Cropsy. (ignore the missing car at the top of the Server 2 pic.. No one will notice it anyway )

And congrats to Miki and Afro too.

Also congrats to every1 that finished the race. To those that disconnected or timed out. Hope next time you get a full race... To those who failed to show up.. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Nice work again cropsy.
I just saw I never said the most important things; a huge congrats to Miki for the win!! You had the speed in qualy, you choosed the right setup and you raced with your inside of your head!!

Thx to Franky and Team ATC for the organisation of these races
Quote from franky500 :(ignore the missing car at the top of the Server 2 pic.. No one will notice it anyway )

:shhh:
Will there be stats for the races? I dont mind server 1, but for server 2 maybe.
you just wanna see who the highest climber was....

Im also interested in the other stats.

Really!!!!!

Quote from zeugnimod :Will there be stats for the races? I dont mind server 1, but for server 2 maybe.

i was gonna do them but then descoverd my computer to be extremely crap
Stats for Server 2. I will do Server 1 tonight or tomorrow...
Attached files
Server2.rar - 3.6 KB - 134 views
Thx.

Lol, Im last or 2nd last in almost everything that has to do with fast lap times. Only came 2nd because I didnt make mistakes.
manlooking at the stats makes me even more annoyed with myself for not sorting my pit fuel . I had the fastest lap to annoy me even more
This thread is closed

12th March ATC 60 Lap GP
(128 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG