Any news for the times, password and server for tonight?
Just sent the e-mails.. How cme yo missed pre-qualify?
missed pre qual?
no, i did it yesterday ( 1.06.26 )
Sorry mates.
I am expect lag lap...damn!
Sorry my fault! dammit!

CYA
I almost managed to reach the half way point when I timed out. This happened earlier in the day when I was practicng too, after that I wasn't so confident about finishing the race, I had a feeling it was going to happen again.

Anyway, I had a good race. I qualified higher than expected, claiming a new pb, along with quite a few other people. It made the qualifying session exciting. I would have qualified for 5th position, but in the dying moments quicksilver put in a good lap and jumped from 6th to 2nd.
The race was closer than I expected, Clownpaint put in a terrific performance, as he missed the qualifying session he started at the back of the grid, but he quickly made his way to the front. I had a good battle with him for quite a few laps, but he was just too quick and I eventually let him get away.
When he had passed me, Vain challenged me, and for several laps we have a good battle too, then he carried on and challenged the front runners too.
On the 26th or 27th lap I noticed my green lag bar slowly extend to red and I knew my race was over.
A bad qualy and 10th place in the start. That start was miserable from me and soon I had to fight with the last places. After a while I got the rythm and all went pretty smoth. I had some hilarious laps though with Alt-Ctrl (I think) and ATC Bandit. Very hard fights but clean imo, at least if you dont count that punt to Alt-Ctrl from me before that fast chicane. I'm really sorry for that. I have to look at the replay later on, I dont really know what happened.

A whole bag full of fortune and Team XFR took the double. To bad for you guys who lost connection, thought it was a lag lap and flat tires. I dont think we ever gonna make that 1 and 2 again, at least not for a while. We are newbies to LFS and got luck, but we don't feel ashamed to take the victory though. If we used a lipstick we would have red ears!! ...
My tactic was originally to take one stop. Then quicksilver talked me into a two stopper, luckily for me I decided to take with me enough fuel to take a one stopper if I could.
On lap 6 I wheelied in the chicane landing on my side sliding but luckily (and funny) I somehow managed to get the car straight and probably didn't lose more than a couple of tenths.
Lap 16 I made a passing move on Cawwa, and he tried to defend it, unlucky for me he hit my front in his defence move and I slided onto the grass pointing the wrong way. I think there were some lag in there to.

Anyway, from this point I decided to try a one stopper, just to test if I could do it. The following laps were quite boring, as i was 12seconds behind the car infornt of me there wasen't much to do but just driving around the track.
On lap 30/31 I pitted and my new strategy worked. On lap 56 or sumtin I had my longest wheelie ever, quite fun.

The next lap I came to fast out of the first chicane and slammed the car into the wall, I had damaged my left front wheel and the car was hard to manage for the last laps. I lost two positions because of that.

It turned out as an interesting race, and allot of experience gained :-)
Cropsy, will you make a pic or something like the ones you did last year? :-D
Well. A great start from me.. Qualified 4th and then managed to move to 3rd by lap 2. Got right up close to Dink who was in 2nd and right behind Afro in 1st. Then on lap 7 or 8 i think it was my back end gave way when i touched the grass exiting fina chicane.. Which pointed me to the pit lane. So i drove in ther eand decided to make a stop of it...

Forgot to tell it to change tyres so i went round again.. .Oh no. . wrong setting!!!. went round and done a pit again.. NO.. Drive Through!!!!! terrible for me there. After that i lost my rythem and ended up doing high 1.07's to low 1.08's I had fun though. A very interesting race even for the back markers.

Great race. Enjoyed it with so much action

http://www.atcteam.org/ATC%20Pool%202.mpr
Quote from MyBoss :Cropsy, will you make a pic or something like the ones you did last year? :-D

Yes.. He will
Quote from MyBoss :Cropsy, will you make a pic or something like the ones you did last year? :-D

Yep, I'm working on it now. I need the replay for server 1. can someone send it to me?
I have my own replay .. you want it?
I just took these ones, not much action but I don't care - I just think the car at the front looks pretty cool
Attached images
GP1203grid.jpg
GP1203early.jpg
I hope it's not an ugly sight, I haven't censured anyting sensetive nore have I seen it ...
I'm pretty sure it'll be ugly
Cant wait for some results!

My BEst Ever ATC Event... Finishing Third in the Server Two event, for once I was the leading ATC Driver!

Shame about Dunk and his *cough* Mistake... Dissapointing for some other ATC Guys, excellent driving from Zugi (sorry I can never remember it all) and Afro ! WOW!

My r3's lasted 29 laps before a left rear blowout...

Great Clean Racing...
no pics please Cropsy

short race report: hate this f***in track/car.
had to drive really slow for last 5-10 laps, flatspots are scary when you're leading!

I'm lucky i set my BB to 84% before the race, I'd have fell off if not i'm sure
#97 - need
Great fun for my first attempt Even if I did spend pretty much the entire race simply driving around on my own.

At least I think I managed to stay out of the way of all you quicker guys throughout. Hopefully I'll be quicker come the next race
Well server 1 was the story of the setups i rekon, from my point of view...i didn't do my homework and my tires blew lap 25, so forced a 2 stop or i would of been out. The 1 stopping guys only needed to stay on the grey and beat me, which was very frustrating.

Good race to all though, very close finish for 60 laps, can't help but feel i didn't deserve 3rd though!

And what about poor poor Vain, clear leader and his tire blows on lap 58
i suffered from 2 blowouts, on on lap 19 and another on lap 58, but had fun and hope to see y'all again sometime congrats to all
The pics will be up tomorrow, the server 1 pic is nearly done, but I am too tired/lazy to finish it off tonight.
This thread is closed

12th March ATC 60 Lap GP
(128 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG