The online racing simulator
Quote from themagicman258 :thankz for patch z but 1 thing i hate/dislike the chase cam it dosent move freely or whatever u call it cus its not good for drifting or enything

chek your view settings ("Fixed to forward axis: no")
LFS will lose the ALPHA tag when those things are made:

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

So I supose the next patch is LFS S2 ALPHA 0.6 A
Quote from lefty :http://www.rallycross.com/news ... chive_pics/news_lysen.jpg
http://www.rallycross.com/repo ... 08_05/news_erc0805_09.jpg

you noop, rallycross european champs with fwd cars and they are on slicks.

Oh, thanks foo, this patch is more advanced than I expected then. So I won't get the "Warning: Road tyres on Rallycross course" message, and they won't grip like a greased up dolphin which is cruelly being used for the sport of curling? Huzzah, well now it all makes sense! Why on earth haven't they just renamed it to XFRR so that we can all enjoy this giant step forwards in tyre or dirt physics?
#154 - Dac
just been using it and i like it alot. especially the menu and interiors
this is coool! it runs faster on high def than low! and its goes faster than before the update but more stuff!
Quote from whiskey :lfs Will Lose The Alpha Tag When Those Things Are Made:

- Improve Collision Physics
- Break Off Wings Instead Of Bending
- Finish And Release Westhill Updates
- Improve Track Shadow Rendering
- Rb4 / Uf1 / Ufr Interiors

So I Supose The Next Patch Is Lfs S2 Alpha 0.6 A

S2 Alpha 0.5 ä?
Quote from sinbad :Oh, thanks foo, this patch is more advanced than I expected then. So I won't get the "Warning: Road tyres on Rallycross course" message, and they won't grip like a greased up dolphin which is cruelly being used for the sport of curling? Huzzah, well now it all makes sense! Why on earth haven't they just renamed it to XFRR so that we can all enjoy this giant step forwards in tyre or dirt physics?

The warning is there to warn the incompetent toddlers like yourself from hurting themselves on the dirt. It's easier than driving with your 2 wheeled motorthing of death anyway.
If damage and breakable bumpers/wings is next, it might be worthy of the 1.0
Quote from srdsprinter :If damage and breakable bumpers/wings is next, it might be worthy of the 1.0

IIRC 1.0 will be S3.
I've been getting into the new XFG interior. My FOV is pulled back a bit again and all the knobs and dials come into view nicely. The flatness of the airvent texture doesn't seem such a big issue from back there, everything looks lovely.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Scawen, Thanks for The PATCH MAN!!!!!!!!!!! really good job, i really like IT, those new interiors looks very GOOD!

Downloading NOW:wow:

And i have a question, ¿Those are new rims for XRG? :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: oh my GOD i will rock tonight my PC.

oh my god i can´t wait for test it! THANKS Very MUCH Scawen, and off course, to all the DEV team too.

Adolfo Herrera.
Thank you devs! The new XRR is really nice.
Thanks Scawen!
Nice, love the update

Also

Anyone know what the name of the file is for the steering wheel is and where it is?

Looks a bit plain and boring so would love to do some modding

I have had a scan in the dds folder, but not found anything :/

Thanks
Quote from lowrider181 :Nice, love the update

Also

Anyone know what the name of the file is for the steering wheel is and where it is?

Looks a bit plain and boring so would love to do some modding

I have had a scan in the dds folder, but not found anything :/

Thanks

Cromowheel2 and Cromowheel_grip!
The new road wheels cannot be modded, because is a small picture repeated a lot of times
To come back on my post a few pages back (with the picture of no tires, just rims).. There's a lot going wrong now.. tires are still gone, when i press shift+F the tires reappear and a whole other bunch of textures appeare too.. when i press shift+f again (to get back to normal) everything is gone.. tires, tire obejcts on the track, trees, fence posts..

I attached a replay.. donno if it's clearly visible though.. I'm thinking i need a new fresh installation...?
Attached files
[R-R] Sponge_BL1_XFR.spr - 34.4 KB - 437 views
Thanks Scawen, luvluv it Is there a dedi for it tho?
Red Rider
found a smalll bug in xfg car
Attached images
ja.JPG
Excellent stuff!!

Particulary like the replay bar :-)
Quote from duke_toaster :S2 Alpha 0.5 ä?

å comes first then ä, then ö.

but that's different in other languages if they have those letters... i think
Sorry if this is already answered, I haven't read all the topic

Are Y version HotLaps valid for uploading? I mean, some HL's have been deleted (the ones related to modified cars) but others don't. A friend is having problems to upload a LX4 HL made last monday with version Y... is he supposed to redo the HL again in patch Z?

Thanks in advance!
no, only patch Z hotlaps are accepted from now on
Another quality patch

The new interiors are very appealing and the tweaked CoGs make the XRT much more fun to drive, imo.

I think LFS is and continues to be the best game I can play at work on my laptop

Keep up the good work guys, I'm really looking forward to the next installment!
Quote :HOTLAPS :

Because of the physics changes, the hotlap tables for eight cars will need to be removed :

XFG / RB4 / XRT / UFR / XFR / FXR / XRR / FZR

Hotlaps for the other 12 cars will remain and can still be run in version Z.

Wait, you are saying that these cars won't be able to share hotlaps ?
Or they just needs some improvements and can be use for hotlaps ?
Thanks.

You guys rock, Thanks.
Thanks for everyone else who helped for improvements.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG