The online racing simulator
I just love the XR, XF and open wheels´s interiors. Uf looks bit bad still, but i hope that´ll change. The new XRT rims are good, dot know about the xrg rims.. I dont like em. But overall very good and remember that it´ll get updated many times
Great work! XFG has a better bodykit, XRG has much nicer wheels, GTR seats/interior is great, and the XRT is easier to drive!
XFR doesnt need a clutch with Y30?!
#55 - wien
Loving the new interiors. Details like the welds in the rollcage just make them. Great work once again!
Anybody encountered huge FPS drop?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Great work! XFG has a better bodykit, XRG has much nicer wheels, GTR seats/interior is great, and the XRT is easier to drive!

That is debatable. Personally, I don't like the new wheels. The spokes are too thin and the middle looks "empty". I wasn't a big fan of the old wheels, but the new ones aren't any better, IMO. With all of the different bespoke versions that people came up with, I think there's room for improvement here.

edit: I would humbly suggest these for the XRG: http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6485/workemotionstk7.jpg
and these for the XRT: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=25851&d=1173238066

And pretty much anything would be an improvement over the current UF1 wheels.
Quote from psychometalist :Anybody encountered huge FPS drop?

Does your video card support HVS? Did you upgrade from Y to Y30 or were you running one of the earlier test patches (Y24, for example).

If your card doesn't support HVS, you'll need to get one that does.
Did the model of the XRR change more than just the mirrors ?

I'm noticing errors on my skins at the rear of the car
What does V1 only mean ? In list of hosts
Quote from Flame CZE :it has got sequential gearbox

Had it sequential gearbox before this patch? I think not, but i wont drive XFR very often, so i can mistake.
p.s. Almost forgot- New patch is GREAT! Interiors are the best!
Quote from ddd9022 :Had it sequential gearbox before this patch? I think not, but i wont drive XFR very often, so i can mistake.
p.s. Almost forgot- New patch is GREAT! Interiors are the best!

Yes, it had H-shifter before.
Great, new cockpits are looking good, like i expected. XRR looks like proper GTR now (except for those air vent bits, which are also in XFR, but that's just imo).

Also found a bug: XRT and XRG have something wrong with mirrors.
Attached images
lfs_00000005.JPG
Quote from Flame CZE :What does V1 only mean ? In list of hosts

Must be something to do with that V1 Racing TV Show thingy.
Quote from Kid222 :Also found a bug: XRT and XRG have something wrong with mirrors.

I don't see anything wrong.
"- ...updated rear suspension of XRT and RB4"

Scawen would you care to give a bit more details about that?

As for the rest, haven't tested anything yet but with the change log in mind and after looking at the some of the sceenshots in here it certainly looks like a nice piece of work
I like this detail:
Attached images
windshield.JPG
Quote from Cue-Ball :Does your video card support HVS? Did you upgrade from Y to Y30 or were you running one of the earlier test patches (Y24, for example).

If your card doesn't support HVS, you'll need to get one that does.

It's a 8800 GT.

Interesting. It was set to 1440x900@16bit with AA & AF off, giving out 140 FPS average. Now I've changed it to 32bit with 4xAA and 4xAF, it jumped to 225 FPS average again. Weird
Nice interiors, I just hope updating the other cars doesn't take as long as these did.

The doors (from the inside) look rather low detailed still though, and the transition from the now-high quality dashboards to the low detail doors look a bit out of place. Same goes for the driver hands & gloves, hopefully those will be updated too.
#71 - feat
It looks nice and kinda improving, but i really dont like the thing, that it starts to look like rFactor. Well true, that that's how racing car should look, but ..
And rims on XRT are fugly, sorry, looks little rice.
Nice Interiors. But I thing sport steering wheel in road cars was good.
This type of steering wheel you can find in old "slow" cars.
Look at sport versions. They have different steering wheel for a feel of speed (car not should be fast but it must looks fast.). This is Marketing.
Quote from AndroidXP :The UF interior does look quite unfinished and rough, tbh. Guess that's still a WIP.

I just want to make sure everyone knows I am responsible for the UF cars, so you have only me to blame for them and I will do more updating on the UF in future. I just borrowed the dashboard from the XR so that at least it was a little modified and better than before. The UF models need plenty of work and it's useful experience for me working in the editors sometimes.

Quote from 510N3D :"- ...updated rear suspension of XRT and RB4"

Scawen would you care to give a bit more details about that?

The rear suspension geometry was adjusted so the roll centre is a bit higher. This makes the roll centre a bit higher than the front suspension's roll centre, so the roll axis is inclined downwards to the front and this should improve the handling of the car. Also with the higher roll centre there is less body roll.
I am rly upset because i just used i think my last 2 unlocks im not sure, going TO y30 and seeing 34 servers (makes it almost pointless) and going BAK to Y24 and using another unlock, just to be on other servers with my friends
Im not using it, if it was compatible, or all servers went to Y30 then yeah.

other than that see ya when patch Y100000000000000 comes out ...
Quote from Kegetys :Same goes for the driver hands & gloves, hopefully those will be updated too.

I have a feeling we'll see updated drivers (body/hands/helmet/etc) before S2 is done. But if they were to do that now it would invalidate ALL hotlaps, which they are apparently trying to avoid. When we get to the point that a fully incompatible patch has to be released, I'd bet money we get a new driver model at that time.

Or maybe I'm an optimistic fanboy.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y30 : XF / XR Interiors
(447 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG