The online racing simulator
Most pointless car
(43 posts, started )
Most pointless car
And the most pointless car of the year award goes to ZEV Smiley
basically its a copy of smart,but why make a copy of a car that looks ugly and make it worse,its a electric car.
Few pics

Top speed 55 km/h
Weights 936 kg
2 Seats
RWD
28 KW
No transmission
With 1 loading it car drive 130 km
Costs about 7250£
Made in China
You arent paying for fuel so you arent aware of the point of electric city cars, which are mostly economy and easy parking.

I agree that the thing is fugly, though.
The point of electric cars is to make them as small and economical as possible while cramming in as much as they can, so obviously it's going to be ugly

That said, it looks like a localised version of the Smart cars and those are pretty much just 2-door Merc A1's (which I don't like either).

Don't worry. You'll probably get the ForFour and Roadster soon which are far better looking
Yeah, I've never quite got the reasoning behind why microcars and electric cars seem to have to scream 'look at me! I'm futuristic!'. Why don't they just make them look like a normal car. Electric cars, especially have a wierd bias towards covering the rear wheels up under the bodywork for no reason I can see.

Get Maranello on the case
I think Tesla did a pretty good job TBH.

0-60 is 4.2s. Range of about 200 miles last I heard. The Roadster ain't cheap though

Wiki wiki wah
The trouble with electric cars is you need to fill them with electric, which means you push up your monthly power bills rather than just shelling out on some fuel.

So where is the gain?
#7 - JJ72
You know the great part about the ZEV is....while the smart has a point with its two tone design (with the silver part being the chassis and with great structual importance), this things only looks the same while the silver parts are all just plastics and it's a flimsy chassis underneath it.
Oh, this wasn't a thread about the BMW X6... never mind then
Well,the heater works on gas,so..
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The trouble with electric cars is you need to fill them with electric, which means you push up your monthly power bills rather than just shelling out on some fuel.

So where is the gain?

Improves local air quality, especially in big cities. And it's cheaper at the moment.

Quote from Batterypark :Oh, this wasn't a thread about the BMW X6... never mind then

lol that was my first guess when I saw this topic :P
Look, it's got the radiator grille of a BMW! (A water-cooled electric car?? illepall)
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So where is the gain?

It's easier to control/improve emissions in one large power plant than in 1000s of small car engines. Plus, it reduces pollution and noise where it matters most: in the city center.
A pointless car would be a car that didn't work. If it has 4 wheels & gets you to your destination then it is not pointless.
Quote from Dajmin :I think Tesla did a pretty good job TBH.

0-60 is 4.2s. Range of about 200 miles last I heard. The Roadster ain't cheap though

Wiki wiki wah

That's good job for electric car, but it still sucks. A car what goes 0-60 in 4.2 seconds is lame if you can't do that 0-60 with a powerful sounding grunt of a petrol engine.

Polluting cars FTW.
It looks like a cheap knock-off of a Smart car. And last I heard, the Chinese aren't exactly, um, good (for lack of a better word), at making cars safe and reliable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7VSHCgjbt0 <-- The Chinese Cherry Amulet
Most pointless car ever = G-Wizz

THAT is a total waste of space in any garage!
Just under one TONNE for such a small car with a weak engine? :doh:
There's a question I can't understand for a long time. The goal of the car companies is to save the environment and make people use electric car. That's right. BUT WHY THE HELL DOES AN ELECTRIC CAR COSTS 3 TIMES MORE THAN A NORMAL CAR??? To be honest, most people would be an IDIOT if they bought these cars... The price of the electric cars should be MUCH lower then normal cars IMO...
Then people would buy those for sure. Simply logic.
Quote from Töki (HUN) : The goal of the car companies is to save the environment and make people use electric car.

You start all wrong... no company on earth whant to do that.
The only thing that a company cares of is profit.
It's just the way that market goes on.

If there are people who need to do something, companies will take advantage of that need.
Why they make it? coz people love idiot cars and they even buy it,noobsauces.

EDIT: i just seen it has benz-smart look and bmw grills rofl!

Most pointless car
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG