The online racing simulator
Fair play to the Russians! They were better from start to finish, just incredible... really made it impossible for us to get into the rythm of the first matches and hit us where it hurts most (oh my, was our defense poor!!). Fantastic attractive offensive football with some great players (Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko, Kolodin, wow, wow, wow!)... So great job, well deserved win, I hope they will win the tournament!
Yeah, that Arshavin guy is great.

Certainly better than Cristiano Ronaldo or Ballack.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah, that Arshavin guy is great.

Certainly better than Cristiano Ronaldo or Ballack.

Better than any player I have seen in the tournament so far, really! He's almost unstoppable in his rushes forward, then always finds the right player to pass to, and that third goal was very classy too (even though Ooijer didn't look too good there..) And Kolodin definitely the best defender I have seen so far. Ruud van Nistelrooy hasn't been able to pick up one single ball without Kolodin breathing in his neck. Plus he had some very nice efforts towards the goal!
Quite the contrary on our defensive side, where Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko and Zhirkov got all the space they had wished for. Many times I've seen there was not a single defender in a radius of 5 meters at the time they were passed the ball.. can't believe no one saw this or was capable of turning the tide. With such lethal attackers, even 1 meter distance is too much!
Well, Holland didn't even come close to their performance from the first 3 games...

That win is well deserved for Russia for being by far the better team.
Oh great, now I had to hear those plonkers scream "Rossija, Rossija" again. I hope they loose in the semifinal. They´ve won so many things this year already (hockey WC, UEFA cup, Euroleague basketball, Eurovision ). Enough is enough. The smugness would go through the roof if they won this aswell.
Too bad we lost.

But we deserved to lose, I mean, Holland was just poor yesterday.
I'm not saying that Russia is better than us if you look at what they performed, but they were far far far better than us yesterday.

I think they'll lose next match though, they really gave everything they had (+ some players may not play because of yellow cards)
Quote from BlakjeKaas :(+ some players may not play because of yellow cards)

Yellow cards are reset after quarter finals
Why did it keep saying "Misses next match" then?
traxxion, i thought that it was just idea, which was never accepted.

edit: i was a little wrong, hehe...
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Why did it keep saying "Misses next match" then?

The cards will be reset after the quarter finals.
So you was right, if they got 2 cards then they will miss the semi final.

The rule was changed because:
if they already have 1 yellow and they would get the second yellow in the semi finals then they would miss the final.
Which shouldn't be.
What can I say... Russia just played a great match and deserved the win, grats.

Holland were awful..
starting pretty slow here.
This is really bad so far.

It badly needs a goal by Spain so that Italy has to attack.
Both teams are playing bad, Russia will own them, if they will play like this in semifinals.
The Italians are f***ing ridiculous.

Diving left and right. :thumbsdow

And the referee is awful, he already didn't give a clear penalty for Spain in the first half and he falls for every Italian actor. I wonder how much the Italians paid.
What a mind-numbingly boring game
Quote from zeugnimod :The Italians are f***ing ridiculous.

Diving left and right. :thumbsdow

It's the same for the Spanish, and when people go down they stay down to get the opposite team to kick the ball out, it needs sorting out by the FA because its unsportsman and makes for a shit stop start game... like this one!
it's dragging on for almost 3 hours now.
Congrats Spain!

(Boring game, though)

The cheating Italians can go HOME!!

Great!
Well, Spain deserved the win IMO

I thought Buffon was better than Casillas in penalties, but man, I´m glad I was wrong, Iker FTW
Great Italian defense, but it's hard to win a game with defense.

The right team won, but they'll have to step it up against Russia.
It seems the gods of football recovered from hangover and Spain goes through. I'm so glad \o/
Justice was done. Italy were ridiculously negative and a bunch of girly diving cheats. They wont be missed.

Spain v Russia should be good. Two teams that attack. That's what football is all about.
Quote from The Moose :Spain v Russia should be good. Two teams that attack. That's what football is all about.

Their first game in the group phase is still under my top 3 games in this tournament. I don't expect another dominant Spanish win, though.

Football European Championship 2008
(510 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG