The online racing simulator
best guitarist of all time
(178 posts, started )

Poll : Which one of these do you think is the best guitarist?

Other, (i'm pretty sure I've missed some...)-so post below plz!
Jimi Hendrix (solo artist)
Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
Joe Satriani (solo artist)
kirk Hammett (Metallica)
Herman Li (Dragonforce)
Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi)
#103 - Kaw
Quote from Jertje :Yes, that song alone made me want to learn how to play - I actually bought my first guitar last week and am typing with sore fingers right now

Doesn't take long for the fingers to toughen up. I got my guitar in 2005 and messed around sporatically. It only took a week or so for them to stop hurting and another week for the fingertips to toughen up. I only haven't picked up my guitar for about 2 years, so everything I did learn (very little) I've lost and my fingertips are wimps again.
yeah im sorry for post5ing so much. I appreciate it was pretty lame
sorry all
HOWEVER, whoever it was that said no-one gives a **** about my mate:
he met joe stariani and joe was impreesed so much that he has @scouted' my mate to be with his recording studio when he is 18. eat that *****.
Quote from egghed6 :yeah im sorry for post5ing so much. I appreciate it was pretty lame
sorry all
HOWEVER, whoever it was that said no-one gives a **** about my mate:
he met joe stariani and joe was impreesed so much that he has @scouted' my mate to be with his recording studio when he is 18. eat that *****.

I guess he still doesn't give a ****.
Quote from zeugnimod :I guess he still doesn't give a ****.

Damn straight.

Hey, guess what, Billy Joel liked my demo, neat huh? And I got a fax from Mike D once - how cool am I?

What, nobody gives a ****?
lol ur only jelous.
I can beat that...I got spat at by Johnny Rotten at a Pistols gig!
(Lucky for him...he missed!)
I am friends and a coworker of Big John Studd's nephew (Big John Studd from WWF wrestling).......

My dad played basketball on the playground with Michael Keaton (Batman) for the majority of his childhood......

A friend of mine as a kid, his brother was banging Brett Michaels' sister (Brett Michaels=Brett Sychak, from Poison)......

I worked for a short time with Brian Minto (boxing)........

I played baseball as a kid with Scott Milanovich (NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NFL Europe Berlin Thunder, currently a quarterback coach in the Canadian Football League)..........

My brother played little league baseball as a kid with Matt Clement (NBL, St. Louis Cardinals).....

Quote from egghed6 :lol ur only jelous.

I'm not about to say anything bad about your friend's performance because he's 14 and it wouldn't be very fair, but it would be nice if he'd tuned up first.

Speaking of Satriani: I did once learn a couple of his tunes on guitar when I was 15 or 16, just to embarrass guitarists I knew who used them as party pieces.

Anyway it's good that you can be proud of your friend's achievements. Maybe one day you'll have a skill of your own to be proud of.
The best guitarist is a bassist.

Anyhow, my favorite guitarist of all-time is Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits). Unique style, focuses on being awesome and not playing obnoxiously fast and boring craps.
Guitarists of the day: Stanley Jordan and.... Buckethead?

Quote from RocksGt :Paco de Lucía it's pure genius... he didn't even know what a scale was, he played all by ear and he almost own Di Meola and McLaughlin on that tour

I don't understand... Paco wrote half of that tune, and he's been performing solo since 1958 (age 11).
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
I can't believe this thread actually made to the 4th page, even that egghed6 spammed worth of 3½ pages.
Segovia
Quote from BullHorn :The best guitarist is a bassist.

Taken from a very reliable source

"So the bass, "bass-ically" is a weak excuse to do nothing for a band and still get to play with them"

That description fits me perfectly!
Now that we're talking about banjos and guitars, this thread just can't go any longer without mentioning Jerry Garcia.
I'm a huge LZ fan so my vote goes to Page.

But you forgot some great ones IMHO:
Eric Clapton
Joe Perry (Aerosmith)
Slash (GnR)
Jeff Beck
Gary Hoey

Just to name a few.

And what about Skynyrd? I mean there's a lot of bands that had great guitar players but Skynyrd's original lineup had 3 great guitar players. Allen Collins, Gary Rossington, and Steve Gaines.

There's just so many "greats" in so many genres that this poll could never cover them all.
John Williams
i'm gonna have to go with Eric Clapton :-)

best guitarist of all time
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG