The online racing simulator
iRacing - getting closer - worth it?
(186 posts, started )
Alan and Duke please leave if you've got nothing constructive to say. If you want to rip into iRacing at least use some vaguely fact based arguments rather than blind fanboyism which is what isolates this community from the wider sim racing community.
no skidmarks??
Quote from Intrepid :It just wiffs of someone trying to boost the credibility of the sim pre-release to ensure that it has a decent amount of early sales.

What interest do I have in doing that? I'm not getting paid for anything I do here. I'm not even going to benefit from a large community immediately because I won't be able to afford it for the first year or two. It's just my opinion, plain and simple. You don't like it because you're an LFS fanboy? Tough. Frankly iRacing makes LFS look silly.

I have no doubt that LFS will eventually, more or less, catch up to this great service (if it still has a decent customer base a year from now). That being said, at current progress rates, it's going to take half a decade for that to happen. iRacing has nearly everything you've ever wanted (some features will surely be added as things go on, such as weather) and is here, now. If you want it, you need to pay what they're asking. End of.
Quote from axus : iRacing has nearly everything you've ever wanted....

Nope, iRacing has nearly everything you ever wanted. Don't try and speak for everyone pls.

When it has weather, day/night transitions, GT cars for endurance races, the possibility of driver changes, High level open wheelers (Indycars for example), engine damage, pit crews, Private league support so we're not forced to race how they want us too,(all features that are already available with many sims out there i must add) then, and only then will it be approaching everything i want from as sim.

As it stands it's just a fantastic sim engine with a matchmaking and stat collecting service.
When it is a complete product it will be worth the investment.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Intrepid, axus has been around sim racing for nearly as long as I can remember and has raced most sims out there. I think he's more than established his credibility.
Axus, thanks for the review. You've been quiet lately, now we know what you've been upto
Yeah, I just posted that link in the other thread. Car looks nicely weighted when it goes into the spin.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Axus, thanks for the review. You've been quiet lately, now we know what you've been upto

He's been quiet? All our MSN conversations have consisted of "BRUMMM" or "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH"
Quote from Shotglass :actually before you posted that commenting about the cars weight i watched that clip at least 10 times trying to see even a little bit of the car streching its legs when it goes over the crest... nothing

A) Solstice doesn't go very fast.
B) Camera cuts to a different angle mid-crest.
C) You can see the shocks compress when it finishes coming over the hump.
D) Cars definitely can and do catch air. I've flown the Radical many a time over the bump in the infield straight at the Atlanta roval.
Heh, I did the same thing. Probably the car isn't that powerful, and it's little hard to get a sense of how steep the crest is.

whoops, yeah- what DWB said.
im not talking about catching air im talking about the dampers getting longer at the top of the crest and no matter how much i look i just cant see it
Quote from spankmeyer :USB-powered Fleshlight to remind how you could have spent the money?

I get it lol
Cars inertia has just been patched in the latest update
how exactly could they mess up the cars inertia after spending horrendous amounts of money to measure everything?
first the bumps at virgin now the inertia...
Is it a lot of fun being willfully pessimistic, shotty?
so sorry for not being blindly optimistic about the most expensive and least appealing game ive ever even heard of
Hah, alright.
I don't know Shot... I can see quite a bit of suspension movement all over that vid even with the dreadful video compression.
lookin forward to tryin this out! The videos on YouTube and such can't do the graphics justice at all, the resolution of those videos are just...... terrible!

pm btw dwb.
Click the "watch in high quality" link or add &fmt=18 to the url. At least little better.
Worrying that the inertia would be patched this late. It's about the most basic element of handling.

Otherwise I don't want to have an opinion on iRacing. Not until I can try a free demo, anyway.
Shot, I assure you, they didn't get something as basic as dampers wrong Or it wouldn't feel half as good as it does.

iRacing - getting closer - worth it?
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG