The online racing simulator
iRacing - getting closer - worth it?
(186 posts, started )
Buying this sim is simply a matter of principals. I for one will not buy it because I don't tolerate what they as a company did to the modders. You just don't do something like that and expect everyone will forgive and forget.
Sure, the did change their name from First to iRacing but that only fools those who don't pay close attention to the scene. Anyone who knows anything remembers that they tried to take a modder to court (and failed). A company like that will not see my money in their wallet, no matter how good their product is.

But since it's based on NR2003, their product will probably not be that good because NR2003 really wasn't that much to brag about compared to today's Sims. Both LFS and rFactor are so much better in just about every way and light years ahead when it comes to good looks. So iRacing, no thank you. Take your crap elsewhere. I don't want any.
NR2003 is still >>>>> rFactor in my book.
Quote from X-Ter :Buying this sim is simply a matter of principals. I for one will not buy it because I don't tolerate what they as a company did to the modders. You just don't do something like that and expect everyone will forgive and forget.
Sure, the did change their name from First to iRacing but that only fools those who don't pay close attention to the scene. Anyone who knows anything remembers that they tried to take a modder to court (and failed). A company like that will not see my money in their wallet, no matter how good their product is.

But since it's based on NR2003, their product will probably not be that good because NR2003 really wasn't that much to brag about compared to today's Sims. Both LFS and rFactor are so much better in just about every way and light years ahead when it comes to good looks. So iRacing, no thank you. Take your crap elsewhere. I don't want any.

I heared about that court thingy, it`s insane. And I totally agree what you are writing, the only thing is that Nr2003 is by far better than R-factor, but still a miiile behind Live For Speed

Quote from DeadWolfBones :NR2003 is still >>>>> rFactor in my book.

I`ll agree on that, tried both games.
It's not LFS.. that means FAIL! Right guys?
I don't know what's more important to me... despising those iRacing bastards or the love of sim racing. I have a feeling that if the product is good then I'm going to have to subscribe. If it tops everything else out there then I have no choice but to play the best sim on the market. I feel that I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't. I mean I'm not going to sit around playing LFS if iRacing is 10 times better. Physics are going to be the main driver for me. We can already see that the graphics are no better than rFactor. This doesn't mean that I would feel good about giving them my money. After all, I would be getting something in return so its not like it's a donation or something. It better be good or else they can go screw themselves.
I have trouble seeing what is so bleeding good about NR2003. I own it and I have participated in a fair amount of online races with it. Thing is, apart from it's net code it's really not that much to brag about. It looks awful on just about any graphics card I've used and physics wise it's not outstanding compared to the other old NASCAR sim, NASCAR Heat, which by the way had an equally good net code, almost LFS standard. And it had it three years before NR2003.

No, NR2003 is for the fan boys and I'm staying clear of any product based on that. Ad the fact that in my book iRacing is no better than that goo you find in your mouth when you have a hangover and the result is clear. This one is not worthy of my time and money.
People complain about LFS cars are boring but I can't be the only one who thinks that it's simply hilarious (tragically) that somehow... somewhere... the makers of iRacing have managed to gather - from all the real cars available - a mind-numbingly boring selection of cars for their messiah racing game.

Count me out from the demographic.
In the end the only reason why people want it to fail is that they are really afraid it might be Teh Next Jesus Sim. Even I'd like it to fail, so I don't need to pay. Or turn my back to LFS fanboyism.
Scavier's counter attack: bmw m3 released for LFS along w/ nurburgring track around the same time iracing comes out?

i can dream....
Quote from deggis :Teh Next Jesus Sim.

how many games good enough to warrant that claim do you know that make you pay 20 bucks just to confirm it for yourself?
I knew I should have used size 4 letters on that certain keyword placed right before that phrase, looks like size 3 wasn't big enough.
The way it goes today in racing sims:

harder = more realistic

devs say it is real = it is real

drivers say it is just like the real thing = it is just like the real thing

more expensive = more professional

... it is just a game...
my point was theres absolutely no reason to be afraid if not even its devs are confident about the sim
was anyone picked for betatesting? they say they're selecting over 1,000 new betatesters...
Quote from Gabkicks :was anyone picked for betatesting? they say they're selecting over 1,000 new betatesters...

I was picked for beta testing and didn't bother replying.

I'll be back in a year when the community is large,the whole thing is working properly and there's content I'm interested in.
i wonder why they didnt pick me...
Quote from Gabkicks :i wonder why they didnt pick me...

IIRC you had to be nominated by someone.
I still have no clue who nominated me
Heres Something
Damn, offcourse they need to charge it that much if they have a vice president in marketing lol. Imagine how many other vice/presidents they have, and how much they be pulling a month .
But seriously, i dont think i will be trying it out, not bcz it looks like a ripoff, but bcz i dont wanna spend that money on it and rather be drinkin with friends outside. Eevn if it is gonna be a World class top simracign motorsport.
What i fear is the shit is going to, from WoW, now to this, and some talks about pay per use Office tools, seriously i secretly wish for a dictator to be born pretty damn soon and slaughter the capitalists Conan style.
If anyone were betatesting, they wouldn't be able to tell you anyway due to the NDA.
Yeah, that damned NDA.

I'll probably try it for a month just to satisfy my curiosity, but I think it's too expensive for me because I just don't race often enough. Then again, if it's really an LFS-beater and it has content I'm interested in, who knows. No point writing it off before it's out.

iRacing - getting closer - worth it?
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG