The online racing simulator
g25! need help.
(17 posts, started )
g25! need help.
is the copy of rfactor that comes with the g25 the full version or the trial?
im asking becaause i dont wanna waste time if it jsut a demo
#2 - LewX
demo
it's not worth it anyway!
Don't bother, it's rubbish! It was installed on my m/c no longer than ½ hour.
I like the fact you can drive tracks like Cadwell, but when you see past the flashy mods, the game just doesnt feel right.
whats a good place to set the force feedback strength at? i have mine at 40.
Quote from andyb1982 :I like the fact you can drive tracks like Cadwell, but when you see past the flashy mods, the game just doesnt feel right.

Most of the mods are absolute poop anyway Even the decent mods on it are utter rubbish, purely because of the crappy ISI engine. /me shouts LFS4life ! :heartbeat
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :whats a good place to set the force feedback strength at? i have mine at 40.

depends on what car your driving
Set up the profiler the same as the LFS manual suggests. That's 105% for FFB IIRC. In-game, a good setting I find is 20-30%, for the road cars. When driving a GTR, you might prefer to turn it down a bit. I do because I don't wanna toast my wheel too much
Quote from andyb1982 :I like the fact you can drive tracks like Cadwell, but when you see past the flashy mods, the game just doesnt feel right.

I have done Cadwell Park 1000's of times in many many different cars in real life (Its my local track).

For Sims i use a Frex motion system http://conedodgers.com/conedod ... iew&id=4&Itemid=1

The rFactor version has a few parts that are not quite right but its no way that bad. Use the Caterham R500 or the 6R4 and they are close to the real thing.

Going over the mountain sidwards still has the same feel its just that in a sim you dont actually crap yourself.

LFS is very good but you have to admit that having real tracks is an advantage, and look as hard as i can i just cannot find Aston on the UK map so maybe its not real .
Quote from birder :I have done Cadwell Park 1000's of times in many many different cars in real life (Its my local track).

For Sims i use a Frex motion system http://conedodgers.com/conedod ... iew&id=4&Itemid=1

The rFactor version has a few parts that are not quite right but its no way that bad. Use the Caterham R500 or the 6R4 and they are close to the real thing.

Going over the mountain sidwards still has the same feel its just that in a sim you dont actually crap yourself.

LFS is very good but you have to admit that having real tracks is an advantage, and look as hard as i can i just cannot find Aston on the UK map so maybe its not real .

I'd love to know what happens when you press the big red button on your simulator!!! Got to get me one of those
Quote from andyb1982 :I'd love to know what happens when you press the big red button on your simulator!!! Got to get me one of those

It releases nuclear missiles to destroy Uranus .. obviously
Quote from andyb1982 :I'd love to know what happens when you press the big red button on your simulator!!! Got to get me one of those

I'm getting one too lol, I don't know what it will be used for, but all good sim cockpits need a big red button.
Quote from wtf im nameless :I'm getting one too lol, I don't know what it will be used for, but all good sim cockpits need a big red button.

Seat ejecter for when your shift+P is broken?
@ Birder - I've probably been to a track day you have, I've done loads of Javelin and BaT days in various cars.

I tried rFactor over the weekend due to this very thread (I recently got a G25 and was interested in the thread). Risking turning this into an rFactor hijack, I initially thought it was pretty good because it has some tracks I've driven on. I like the sounds (brake squeal etc) and (ebmarassingly?) the dirty windscreen. It was a fun few hours but it just doesn't feel like LFS does.

g25! need help.
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG