The online racing simulator
How long you been with LFS
(130 posts, started )
Quote from senn :must be about the same actually 00-01...scary... i know i started playing when i was still a teenager, i turn 26 later this year :P I play lots of games, but LFS always gets me back, it's kinda like a faithful dog, always happy to see me and ready to play oldschool lfs pic time

Same here...LFS to me is just something I play to relax...no killing people, no blowing stuff up or completely dominating the enemy...I usually just hot lap by myself and mess around off-line (hence my low miles on LFSWorld)...

I play other games but there's always room for LFS and it never gets 'boring', if i over do it I'll just loose interest for a while but I always come back to it...

There have been other threads about it's slow development...watching LFS for this long really does make you want more...I kind of wish the development was moving a wee bit faster...but who knows, they may have something big planned that we don't know about...at least that's what I keep telling myself, heh...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :and I know I still have my +v in the IRC channel

Are you sure?

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I kind of wish the development was moving a wee bit faster...but who knows, they may have something big planned that we don't know about...

If I had to guess, there's nothing planned. There's nothing being done either it seems.

Oh, started with 0.04 or something..
<< Join date.
I like LFS because it isnt pestered by a big company wanting it to make quick $$$$$$$ Its just the developers taking it easy ,

Well thats how i think its happening

Excellent work BTW

Mick
Quote from senn :must be about the same actually 00-01...scary... i know i started playing when i was still a teenager, i turn 26 later this year :P I play lots of games, but LFS always gets me back, it's kinda like a faithful dog, always happy to see me and ready to play oldschool lfs pic time

.004K (might have been a different letter) was released in August, 2002. The earliest version I have is 0.1E, downloaded on October 7th, 2002.
I started playing the Demo about a year before my S2 purchse date.. I kept hearing talk about S2 comming out when it came time for me to buy it.. Soo I waited until I could pre-order S2 so I knew I'd get all the LFS content

I played on a mouse for over 4+ years and just got a G25 about a month ago and can't be more pleased..

I just wish for more updates if they are or aren't doing anything.. Or look for some development help... I'd be happy to pay a little extra money to get the dev speed rolling with some type of goal set for S3
Quote from Forbin :.004K (might have been a different letter) was released in August, 2002. The earliest version I have is 0.1E, downloaded on October 7th, 2002.

i'm 3pc's from when i started playing....i have some early 03 stuff on one pc here, but the original one is long gone....it must have been 02 then *shrug* much has changed in my life since then :P
since
<--

but im still and probably always will be shite
Think i found it when it was 0.4 ish. loved it right away.
Yeah i'm always going to go back to LFS what ever what. I may give it a break from time to time but overall it's there for me, some thing different
from demo version with blackwood and 2 or 3 cars, until the end of this game when it pass from alpha to betha and final release. I hope so.
i have been playing since today
Well I've only been here a short while but I feel sure I would have been here much longer had I known about LFS earlier. I'm a long-time racing fan, I watch F1, Indycar, A1 on TV, go to races when I can, also race Scalextric, and am also a keen online multiplayer gamer (Guild Wars etc.) and am on the internet every day for work so it's one of life's great mysteries that I only discovered LFS purely by chance, from a passing mention by someone in a Hattrick football forum a couple of months ago. Still I'm here now!
since 2002 0.4 patch.

Epic fun. i doubt i'm still a @ in #liveforspeed

If so remove me as i'm not there enough to help now

Love you all even though I mainly lurk now.
You mean .004.
Pedantic bugger

You know what I mean .
Since the first demo

Knew straight away the physics were something special and it has just got better and better.

Think the gfx engine and menus are overdue an overhaul but its probably the best value for money game ive ever come across

keep it up devs
I played around with the demo for about a year, so, about 3 1/2 to 4 years. 98% offline tho, and only the last two years did I have a nice rig to run it on, it's entirely different when ya got a good rig with a nice LCD.
To be honest I can not even remember when I started. It has been so many years. Long before S1 i know that...To bad I havent played much in the last few months....work is taking all my time.
It's frightening to see, that I am around for 5 years and more already
I've been around since we first got ADSL. It must've been early 2004 or something.
since my cuzins friend showed me drift vids
that was about 2003
and still demoing
Don't know....don't drive it much
I got S2 on the 17th October 2006!

MY first race was in the FOX @ BL gp on the redline racing server!

I came 13th
Since early 2003, but still I'm a noob in many ways.

How long you been with LFS
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG