The online racing simulator
Quote from Boxerrumble :
btw: watching woozy's driving gave me a headache

I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult .

Sucks you weren't able to drive though. Like I told you the day before the race, I was terrified of that happening to me.

Great race to everyone though. It was a close one, even for a 5 lap race. And we had 50 of 'em.
I suppose I should apoligize for my behaviour at the end really. Let me explain a bit what actually went through my mind: I have been practising/testing/making setups for atleast 2 hours a day. And then you mess it all up because you started with the wrong setup and you spun atleast 3 times.

Hope you guys don't mind

Grats to Mazdarati anyway

I think this is the last message from me I don't think I'll play LFS again

Ciao!
Quote from Zany :I suppose I should apoligize for my behaviour at the end really. Let me explain a bit what actually went through my mind: I have been practising/testing/making setups for atleast 2 hours a day. And then you mess it all up because you started with the wrong setup and you spun atleast 3 times.

Hope you guys don't mind

Grats to Mazdarati anyway

I think this is the last message from me I don't think I'll play LFS again

Ciao!

Aww man that sucks

But you shouldn't give up lfs!! you wont find anything close to it anyway!

I say: Buy a licence. forget everything that has happened before. start from 0. and become great!

I also want to congratulate the winner. who ever it'll be.. now that there seems to be a penalty issue.
Congratulations to Mazdarati. Great racing and winner is from Hell Racers as we wanted.

but big BUT.........i dont think that your victory was fairplay. In first lap you caused crash, safetycar entered race and you made pit stop when safetycar was on track. Shouldnt be pit lane closed? You gained o lot of time because of that. And i dont think it was fair play.
Excellent race everyone. This was one of the biggest and most elaborate game event that I've ever participated in and it was definitely the most exciting. While I can't say much about the leaders, I had great fun battling the midfielders, notable amen1 and Zany. Great racing you guys!

This event has definitely improved me a lot on racing the FBM. I was stuck at 1:15 last time before I knew about this event. During Pre-qualifications, I slowly progressed to 1:14s (a first!) and in the final P-Q, a 1:13 (another first!). Now I can consistently race (not hotlap) at low 1:14s. Looking back, it really is quite an achievement, and I'm proud and happy to say that I left this event a better racer overall, even though I didn't win.

I would like to thank Gekkibi, all marshalls/SC car driver, and racers for making this event such a memorable one. It was quite a journey, and thankfully it ended well. As the only race representative from Asia, I bid you all farewell and see you around in future races.

p.s. Gekkibi, was my 4th lap Drive-through Penalty due to contacting Mazdaratie in the corner after the long straight? But I though I have the outside line and he exited the corner into my line. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
Quote from sidewinder1009 :
p.s. Gekkibi, was my 4th lap Drive-through Penalty due to contacting Mazdaratie in the corner after the long straight? But I though I have the outside line and he exited the corner into my line. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

He had "significant overlap" (Or whatever it is called), and thus had the right for that turn.

Edit: About what happened on first lap: I will send the replay to couple of more experienced racers and hear their opinion. It was little bit messy situation. Mazdaratie did all he could to take the situation back, but the whole situation started because lack of "safety distance".

Like I said: A messy situation. I can't decided that was it "racing accident" or "not obeying the rules and/or racing etiquette". Hopefully I will get answer soon.

Oh, and when SC is out, you can freely pit, but you lose the right for your former position (And you probably end up into last position).
@ Superobo: I know I was wrong with the crash, I apologized for it. But the pitlane was not closed! So I just took the chance. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the closed pitlane conditions were abandoned.

@ Sidewinder1009: about the touching: I had inner line and as you can see in the 'Bird-View' you had plenty of space to avoid the contact.
We wants a replay!
Quote from Gekkibi :
He had "significant overlap" (Or whatever it is called), and thus had the right for that turn.

Quote from Mazdaratie :
@ Sidewinder1009: about the touching: I had inner line and as you can see in the 'Bird-View' you had plenty of space to avoid the contact.

Ok I get what you meant. My bad. No complains there.
Post a replay gekkibi, ive got some experience im some big leagues Plus im still a marshall haha
I have some troubles sending it to universitys server. Anyone have better place for it? It is over 9megs.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it now...
Rapidshare
The only thing I'm not sure about after watching the replay is the following...

Lap 4: Booschie spun after the second chicane and I was unable to avoid some minor contact with him. I didn't spin or completely stop but because of this I lost two positions. One to JCV, and the other to Mazdaratie. When JCV passed me, it was under a yellow flag (the flag cleared before Mazdaratie made the pass).

Was JCV's pass illegal? Or was it legal because of my contact with Booschie?
Quote from wOoOzZy :The only thing I'm not sure about after watching the replay is the following...

Lap 4: Booschie spun after the second chicane and I was unable to avoid some minor contact with him. I didn't spin or completely stop but because of this I lost two positions. One to JCV, and the other to Mazdaratie. When JCV passed me, it was under a yellow flag (the flag cleared before Mazdaratie made the pass).

Was JCV's pass illegal? Or was it legal because of my contact with Booschie?

It was legal.
a) There was no global yellow flag, so overtaking is allowed
b) Your speed was so slow that it was better to overtake you than try to stay behind you (But this doesn't matter, because no global yellow was on atm)
Ok. Just wanted to check. Thanks for the quick reply.
Gongrats to winner and to those who finished, it was kinda funny race.
Grats for the winner, going to watch the replay now..
Hope it's worth of watching
While you watch the replay, give your opinion on the first lap. Should I count that as a "racing accident" or not?
#319 - xt
im not an expert, but it looks like unexpected early braking was simply underestimated. would be fair to listen winner opinion about that accident.
Very very clumsy on Mat's part, i never brake right behind someone, go down the inside a bit, that way if the guy infront brakes early you can slip down the inside, if he doesn't slip back behind him, easy.

It wasn't malicious, wasn't intentional, just through lack of experience i think more than anyhting although very silly.

Boxer didn't help himself though, he waited for ages when he should of backed up and gone to the pits like Mat's, then he made a real cock of getting out, he was out, then he drove back in and got himself stuck, racing incident i say.
will there be another competition? =)

I wanna fight Zany sidewinder and Boschie again
Quote from amen1 :will there be another competition? =)

I wanna fight Zany sidewinder and Boschie again

Only time will tell. It required massive amount of time to pull this off, but it isn't totally impossible that I could make this again in the future.
Watched some parts of it, really nice organized race! Felt like real race! good job
Quote from xt :im not an expert, but it looks like unexpected early braking was simply underestimated. would be fair to listen winner opinion about that accident.

That's what I thougt at the moment the incident happenened: early braking. But when I watch the replay I don't think Boxer really braked early. I didn't know if Zany was still beside me so I didn't want to get beside Boxer...
No worries everyone, I don't blame maz for the incident. I was on cold r2's so I braked about a meter earlier than I would've if I had r1's on. Seeing as Maz was on r1's... it would've been early for him.

But I agree... didn't help that I was noob getting out of the sandtrap. Was amazed that the car actually moved in reverse as I had never tried it before... yeah

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG