The online racing simulator
#76 - SamH
Quote from BullHorn :Can I play on official Y servers if I install the beta patch or once it's installed, I can only play with other beta testers?

You will be able to play on all Y servers up to and including the latest test patch servers
once of best patches i've seen
just excelent,nice for movie makers..
i don't have any problem with this patch,all workz nice..
so thanks!
#78 - aoun
Awesome stuff Scawen! First time i think ive posted in a test thread, im not a bug checker, so im pretty useless to you, but just a thanks from me .
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :After a little more testing I found one problem.

Start a replay(I tried it with various Y18 MPR files).
Press Shift-U, set follow car to yes.
Press Space to hide the Shift-U controls.
Click on the timeline to fast forward to a place which isn't visible from the start.

The result is (at least here) that LFS doesn't display all textures in time or at all.

Yes i have that too, and another thing with this bug... if you click the replay foward a few times to try to "refresh" the textures( because sometimes it works) , it automatically exits from follow car "yes" mode to "no" mode.
Another thing that i've noticed is that when im using custom view, sometimes the rotation view option doesn't work. The botton works fine, it just don't rotate at all. I resolved this by restarting lfs, but then i've restarted it a few times, and i got the same bug at least two more times., and the solution was always the same.

But i must say... overall this is great work from the lfs dev's.
Really good improvements, that would save alot of hours for moviemakers like myself and race marshalls/admins.
Thank you!

P.s. - ( This Sim is giving me such happyness that makes me think in just one word....ILFSYING! (joke)
the replay update is amazing and a huge improvement for mprs already even without keyframes

its also rather interesting to see how quickly lfs crunches physics without graphical overhead... time to go multithreaded i reckon
The black sky problem only occurs in widescreen mode. That is in my case on a normal 17" screen with black bands at the top and bottom.

EDIT: verified with other users online and they have the same problem.
-
(eimer_) DELETED by eimer_ : just spam ;)
Yes, it does look amazing! The replay system is great! I even got to race an S2 racer on an S2 server (it has demo requirements) right now (lost by only 2 seconds)!

But I have one question. Since patch Y18, we have been able to use the skins online, right? (I have not tried online yet) But on LFSWorld, we still are not allowed put our skins there. Will we demo racers be able to do that now that we are allowed to use the low-res skins? Also, are the skins just for single player, or can they go online?

Thanks for the answers!
amazing, with all the new stuff, the update flow feels like it was at the beginning of last year or some time around then when all those updates were coming out.
i have to say this is the best patch so far
Is it just me or there isn't any smoke when locking the wheels or sliding?
Very nice patch. Love the new replay controls.

However, I do find it annoying that you have keep mouse still in order to see the F9-F12 display. Maybe it would be possible to move those up so they don't overlap with the replay controls?
OT: where can I find this skin?
Attached images
20080517_f7c56fca551f0f458677mUIFLuMvIWmB.jpg
Quote from word. :However, I do find it annoying that you have keep mouse still in order to see the F9-F12 display. Maybe it would be possible to move those up so they don't overlap with the replay controls?

Or make it so that the mouse has to move into that area to bring up the replay controls.
amazing!!thanks for your job in replay, i am very glad
Quote from shashdev :But I have one question. Since patch Y18, we have been able to use the skins online, right? (I have not tried online yet) But on LFSWorld, we still are not allowed put our skins there. Will we demo racers be able to do that now that we are allowed to use the low-res skins? Also, are the skins just for single player, or can they go online?

Quote from Scawen :Demo racers see automatically downloaded skins (but can't upload)

Is it possible to load an X version replays? I tryed, but it gives me an error '' Obsolete Replay''.
Not an X in Y even. The physics update remember. Has nothing to do with the testpatch.
About F9-F12 controls disappearing:
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Or make it so that the mouse has to move into that area (the timeline) to bring up the replay controls.

That sounds good to me. +1
Quote from Ramses :The black sky problem only occurs in widescreen mode. That is in my case on a normal 17" screen with black bands at the top and bottom.

EDIT: verified with other users online and they have the same problem.

OK - is this the full explanation?

Anyone who saw a black sky - were you using the "Wide screen effect" option?

That explains why it happened in the intro...

Quote from shashdev :But I have one question. Since patch Y18, we have been able to use the skins online, right? (I have not tried online yet) But on LFSWorld, we still are not allowed put our skins there. Will we demo racers be able to do that now that we are allowed to use the low-res skins? Also, are the skins just for single player, or can they go online?

No, you can't upload. This is just so that people who are trying out LFS can see other people's skins wheen they go online.

The demo is to show what LFS can do, so when you go online and see skins, it looks nice and you want to go to www.lfsshop.net and get a license.
I can fully confirm that.
Switching widescreen mode on/off, makes the sky to turn black/textured.
Not really a bug report, but how can I watch the intro in the current version? I overlooked something I'm sure but I really can't find a way to watch it.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :Not really a bug report, but how can I watch the intro in the current version? I overlooked something I'm sure but I really can't find a way to watch it.

I'm not really sure if there is an easy way...

I locked my LFS back to demo, set the option "Load track when starting", loaded Blackwood, selected a FBM and save a small replay.

I guess not all those things had to be done but in the order I did it, all had to be done before I finally saw an intro.
Scawen, jfyi, right-justified lists are hard to read.
BUG: Head/View movement with msXY
Mapping the view movement to Mouse XY is erratic when in replays. The replay controls get focus and view movement is chopped, when the mouse control returns the view will snap based on the new mouse coordinates.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG