The online racing simulator
The Flat Earth Society
(160 posts, started )
Quote from The Moose :I see nothing on that site that makes me think they really believe FE theory at all.

It's clearly a joke.

The FAQ is hilarious

It really does seem like they're doing it just to drive people crazy.

I mean c'mon, that FAQ is just the most absurd thing I've ever read....
Yeah I'm 100% certain most people are on that forum just to wind people up. Don't waste your time with it.
I'm still curious about the curbiture: If I look down a perfectly straight road that's very long, then how come I can't see the other end if the earth doesn't curve?

Is it somewhere in their FaG?
In a distant and second-hand set of dimensions, in an astral plane that was never meant to fly, the curling star-mists waver and part...
See...
Great A'Tuin the Turtle comes, swimming slowly through the interstellar gulf, hydrogen frost on his ponderous limbs, his huge and ancient shell pocked with meteor crates. Through sea-sized eyes that are crusted with rheum and asteroid dust He stares fixedly at the Destination.
In a brain bigger than a city, with geological slowness, He thinks only of the Weight.
Most of the weight is of course accounted for by Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon and Jerakeen, the four giant elephants upon whose broad and star-tanned shoulders the disc of the World rests, garlanded by the long waterfall at its vast circumference and domed by the baby-blue vault of Heaven.
Astropsychology has been, as yet, unable to establish what they think about.
The Great Turtle was a mere hypothesis until the day the small and secretive kingdom of Krull, whose rim-most mountains project out over the Rimfall, built a gantry and pulley arrangement at the tip of the most precipitous crag and lowered several observers over the Edge in a quartz-windowed brass vessel to peer through the mist veils.
The early astrozoologists, hauled back from their long dangle by enormous teams of slaves, were able to bring back much information about the shape and nature of A'Tuin and the elephants but this did not resolve fundamental questions about the nature and purpose of the universe.
For example, what was A'Tuin's actual sex? This vital question, said the astrozoologists with mounting authority, would not be answered until a larger and more powerful gantry was constructed for a deep-space vessel. In the meantime they could only speculate about the revealed cosmos.
There was, for example, the theory that A'Tuin had come from nowhere and would continue at a uniform crawl, or steady gait, into nowhere, for all time. This theory was popular among academics.
An alternative, favoured by those of a religious persuasion, was that A'Tuin was crawling from the Birthplace to the Time of Mating, as were all the stars in the sky which were, obviously, also carried by giant turtles. When they arrived they would briefly and passionately mate, for the first and only time, and from that fiery unison new turtles would be born to carry a new pattern of worlds. This was known as the Big Bang hypothesis.
:monkey::wtf2:
Only thing I can say.
Still, I hope it's just a huge joke.
I prefer the Flat Mars Society: http://www.theflatmarssociety.co.nr/

Quote :Q: "Why do you guys believe Mars is flat?"

A: Simply because it's contrary to most people's beliefs and I like to cause trouble

theyre missing out on some great opportunities in that faq... like nasa miscalculating mars as being spherical (yay for imperial units btw) and crashing million dollars worth of probes into it
LOL @ the FE society.

Then how do they explain how people went around the earth? Are those lying too?

lol funniest thing ever.
I think they believe that a flight over the South Pole looks like this:

Please note you probably won't fly over any of these countries when flying across the South Pole. Tht forum obviously was taken serious at a point in time, but is 75% fun (and increasing today.
Attached images
earth.jpg
I believe earth is more of a dodecahedron
#86 - JJ72
Hmm i started to think the earth is a pyramid guys. Why would ancient people build huge pyramids all over the earth if it wasn't pyramid shaped? Yes absolutely.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :omfg , who told you?? that is privileged information only made known to the few - do you at least know the secret handshake??

Yes i learned it too but if i tell it in here everybody will learn. Better keep it secret.
It seems to me that everyone on there (even the veterans) started out posting with the same confusion as we have, asking the same questions etc. Just that after realising that no one really believes in a flat earth, they've joined in with the little game as it were. Some people must have way too much time on their hands I guess.
what? its not flat???:duck:
it might be :/
Thers actually no way u can be on the wrong site of the planet earth, so how do you know it aint flat?

EDIT: good answer in FAQ here goes : A: Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites can't orbit the Earth. The signals we supposedly receive from them are either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites.
also, these peoble there, reminds me of the Epsilon's in GTASA, Kiflom brother brother..
Its a gimmick, its a website meant for trolls.
Similiar to that um, religious website, forgot what its called.
Quote from Klutch :Its a gimmick, its a website meant for trolls.
Similiar to that um, religious website, forgot what its called.

epsilonprogram.org ?
Since we are traveling upward through the ether, what would happen if the earth started to tip. Let's say we travel through a meteor shower and get hit a few times. I guess we'd start to rotate. Enough tilt and we lose the oceans. Oh save us Al Gore!

Then again, how do they explain day/night, sunrise/sunset?
Quote from PAracer :Since we are traveling upward through the ether, what would happen if the earth started to tip. Let's say we travel through a meteor shower and get hit a few times. I guess we'd start to rotate. Enough tilt and we lose the oceans. Oh save us Al Gore!

Then again, how do they explain day/night, sunrise/sunset?

Read the FAQ.

#97 - halo
FES is look like a really bored man's project. Just throw a silly idea and let the others prove its not real. Simple and funny way to waste the time. There is nothing to do, no need to go there and try to prove something opposite to their concept, because they are there not to learn but have fun IMO.
That forum is scary. It makes me speechless that possibly some of them really believes that crap. But they really cant do any harm do they. That is like freaky small religions.
ps:Im not talking about normal religions, so dont get mad
Quote from tiagolapa :That forum is scary. It makes me speechless that possibly some of them really believes that crap. But they really cant do any harm do they. That is like freaky small religions.
ps:Im not talking about normal religions, so dont get mad

But why not? Every single religion is basically just to wind other people up. At first they tried to spread it so now they have history and the legacy is what keeps them legit, also thanks to that they can keep their community and the so called geniuine believers.

Everyone would be so bored if there was nothing to argue about. Arguing is the best pastime, period.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :But why not? Every single religion is basically just to wind other people up. At first they tried to spread it so now they have history and the legacy is what keeps them legit, also thanks to that they can keep their community and the so called geniuine believers.

Everyone would be so bored if there was nothing to argue about. Arguing is the best pastime, period.

Hi. I agree with you.
I just didnt want to compare it with big religions to not offend anyone. Its more like small crazy religion, i dont know the proper word in english..its "seita" in portuguese.
Just like some years ago when a comet passed by earth and some crazy people just killed them self to get the comet ride. Thats what i call crazy religion

The Flat Earth Society
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG