The online racing simulator
If someone has any instructions on how to get this working on a x64 i would be gratefull.
right i dont know if this works BUT i think this might be the solution but im only 60% sure.

What is happening is the dll's are not registring properly. So they need to be added into the regserv. in both x32 & x64.

You will need the dll files; 'LgLCD.dll, LgLCD.NET.dll & Mtn.LgLCDFramework.dll'

first of all, copy the dll files over into c:\windows\system32. Then into c:\windows\syswow64 folder.

go to the start orb > all programs > accessories > *right click on* "command prompt", and select "run as administrator".

in the command prompt, type:
cd \windows\syswow64
regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\"DLL HERE"
that should work.

If you replace "DLL HERE" With one of the 3 dlls. then follow the same steps with he other two dlls. Try and start lfg15.

As i said im not entirly sure if this worked but i did something like this before i got it working.
when i try the above i get this this error message on all of them

The module "c:\xxx\xxx\LgLcd.NET.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "c:\xxx\xxx\LgLcd.NET.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again

same here
Woah! Ty very much

E: I have a problem with this.. I press lcd button 3 to start the plugin but nothing happends, Applet changes to fraps, and LCDG15 applet closes..??
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Woah! Ty very much

E: I have a problem with this.. I press lcd button 3 to start the plugin but nothing happends, Applet changes to fraps, and LCDG15 applet closes..??

Have you checked the file "LFG.log"? Does it contain an error message? Probably something like this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=718573#post718573

If so, open the file "configuration.txt" and check if the <lfsdir> value points to your individual LFS folder.
I just reinstalled Vista 32 this time.

And i still have the same issues, program have stopped working
and i cant reg the dll files
Nice
This works as a charm ;O Awsome....
nice
nice good work
Thanks ;)
Quote from Tappi :Hi James,

just a quick help with the translation as I see some german words left in the details.

Sprit = Fuel; Spritmenge = Fuel amount; Spielernamen = Player name; Bestzeiten= personal best lap; frühest = early / first pit stop in that context

Hope that helps and nice app.

k, thanks for your help
this app is great i love it(new g15 user! i love it too )
Quote from Decubal :I just reinstalled Vista 32 this time.

And i still have the same issues, program have stopped working
and i cant reg the dll files

PM me with your messenger address and I will try and help
#64 - L56
mr.jeffhlz,

SEC: Sector is better as Sector is a commonly known word in Dutch Racing language

I have a "problem" though

I use Logitech Z10 speakers. It has the same display and technology as the Logitech G15 keyboard. I tried this plugin and it works on the Z10 too.....well...halve

Let me explain: all timing related stuff works. So the page with Best Lap, Current Lap and Best Possible lap works flawlessly. Also, on page 1, your position, gaps to the racer in front or back and the elapsed time works like it should.

All car related data however, doesn't work. Fuel and the page with the Rev.counter, Gear Indicator and Speed indicator doesn't work. It just shows --.

I find it strange that only halve of it works. Logic dictates that it should work like on the G15 or not at all, and therefore I take it that the Z10 is not at fault. I can understand that the timing stuff is mayby taken from a file outside of Insim and that the Insim code for the car data DEMANDS to be connected to a G15 or something, but that's speculation.

Z10 work with every other LCD mon thing with every other game I tried that has it. To be clear: I'm not demanding it to be fixed, but I hope someone has an idea of what may be wrong.

I use LFS S2 Patched upto Y18 and Live for G15 0.9.3.

I sometimes get a error message in LFS saying: IS_MTC only for multiplayer hosts or something similair.

Has anyone got an Idea?

Other than that. Thanks for Live for G15 and keep up the good work!

L56 Out...
Reply to mr.jeffhlz
Quote from L56 :mr.jeffhlz,

SEC: Sector is better as Sector is a commonly known word in Dutch Racing language

I have a "problem" though

I use Logitech Z10 speakers. It has the same display and technology as the Logitech G15 keyboard. I tried this plugin and it works on the Z10 too.....well...halve

Let me explain: all timing related stuff works. So the page with Best Lap, Current Lap and Best Possible lap works flawlessly. Also, on page 1, your position, gaps to the racer in front or back and the elapsed time works like it should.

All car related data however, doesn't work. Fuel and the page with the Rev.counter, Gear Indicator and Speed indicator doesn't work. It just shows --.

I find it strange that only halve of it works. Logic dictates that it should work like on the G15 or not at all, and therefore I take it that the Z10 is not at fault. I can understand that the timing stuff is mayby taken from a file outside of Insim and that the Insim code for the car data DEMANDS to be connected to a G15 or something, but that's speculation.

Z10 work with every other LCD mon thing with every other game I tried that has it. To be clear: I'm not demanding it to be fixed, but I hope someone has an idea of what may be wrong.

I sometimes get a error message in LFS saying: IS_MTC only for multiplayer hosts or something similair.

Has anyone got an Idea?

Other than that. Thanks for Live for G15 and keep up the good work!

L56 Out...

Don't worry that "error message" is normal, it always comes up...

Try using it offline (single player) because servers with 10-15 people or more it won't work for some reason (it is probley a bandwith problem).

Anyway... try offline in single player and if it works there it is fine and should work in multiplayer, just go on servers with not many people if you want it to work
Quote from L56 :

Since LFG is able to draw at least something on the Z10 display, I don't think that the problem is related to incompatible displays (in fact, the Z10 display looks pretty much like the display of the G15 V2).

LFG retrieves the information displayed on the LCD by connection to the LFS insim and outgauge interfaces. While the insim interface is used for - as you said - timing related data the outgauge interface sends car related data (e.g. fuel, speed, revs). To be sure that the problem is not related to the new test patches: Do you have a chance to test Live for G15 with an unpatched Y version?

Otherwise: Maybe someone using the latest test patch Y18 (or higher) is able to confirm that the gauge information (e.g. speed, fuel) is still displayed?

Hi all.
For some reason i have overclock(my mouse can work to 1000Hz) my USB frequency.
The G15 work fine, but when i plug my steering wheel(Momo Black), the LCD screen freeze and stop work ( all is ok after a reboot ).
It's not only with LFS and i think it's certainly my wheel.
As someone the same behaviour and perhaps a tips ( not to refix my USB frequency to microsoft value ) to all this thing work fine ?

PS : I use "USB Mouserate Switcher" for the change.
#68 - L56
Quote from Wulle : Do you have a chance to test Live for G15 with an unpatched Y version?

Otherwise: Maybe someone using the latest test patch Y18 (or higher) is able to confirm that the gauge information (e.g. speed, fuel) is still displayed?

Thanks for your reply, Wulle. I will install the demo of LFS S2 alpha patch Y on another machine tonight and see if it works there. I'll get back to you soon.

@Jamesisinthehouse12: Thanks, but I did try singleplayer mode at first. I even tried adding AI because maybe it needed other cars on track for it to work. I also tried online with my own private server adding AI, but only the timing worked.

Thanks again: will report back soon!

L56 Out...
#69 - L56
A little bit of result:

I downloaded the S2 demo and installed it (well, extracted) it in a folder on my desktop. I changed the Live for G15 config file so it points to that directory. Start LFS, enabled insim and pressed connect in LFG15 and everything works. This demo is a "just" Y version.

So it seems that more "patched to 18" people should have this problem. I talked to one other person I know that used Live for G15 (hi Lameduck ) but he's only patched to Y16 and doesn't have any problem.

So, might Y18 be to blame? We now know it works with Y probably up to Y16!

L56 Out...
#70 - L56
Problem solved.

Apperrantly my outsim port was changed from the default 30000 to 35555. When I compared the cfg.txt with that of the demo I downloaded, I noticed the difference. Changed it, restarted and hey presto. Everything works!

So maybe there should be warning saying the outsim port needs to be on 30000.

Great plugin, me wubs it and everyone who made it and helped me!
:lovies:

L56 Out...
aint default 29999?
it works like a charm on my G15 v1.. really nice being able to clear the screen totaly to get those extra fps :P
#72 - L56
Sorry, I meant the OutGage port.

I just re-extracted the demo and checked:

After starting a fresh LFS and typing /insim 29999 the outgage port default 0 changes to 30000.

Outsim port always seems to stay 0

Honestly, my main installation of LFS is so old that I don't know what has changed when and why. Also Outgage mode (or was outsim mode?) was on mode 2 and not mode 0.

Sorry as this gets a little incoherent, but maybe someone with trouble connecting to Live for G15 can check this stuff in cfg.txt out in the mail LFS folder.

All I know is that when I changed the Outgage port from 35555 to 30000 it started working. For the record: I'm using the default insim port 29999.

Soz 4 teh c0nfu5i0n

L56 Out...
Quote from L56 :Sorry, I meant the OutGage port.

I just re-extracted the demo and checked:

After starting a fresh LFS and typing /insim 29999 the outgage port default 0 changes to 30000.

Outsim port always seems to stay 0

Honestly, my main installation of LFS is so old that I don't know what has changed when and why. Also Outgage mode (or was outsim mode?) was on mode 2 and not mode 0.

Sorry as this gets a little incoherent, but maybe someone with trouble connecting to Live for G15 can check this stuff in cfg.txt out in the mail LFS folder.

All I know is that when I changed the Outgage port from 35555 to 30000 it started working. For the record: I'm using the default insim port 29999.

Soz 4 teh c0nfu5i0n

L56 Out...

Well, me so sorry to... just re-read your post from earlier and.. well.. i was wrong.. you had written Outgage.. so im really sorry man

did read it AGAIN... and the fault i made was that i thought OUTSIM = Insim... didn't really connect very good in my head
#74 - L56
Don't worry, Feffe85

Outgage, Outsim and Insim are revolving around my head and are hard to keep track of what's what when trying to trouble shoot. Esp for me as normal user that really is not so interested about ports and IP's and modes in a cfg file.

But I really think I typed Outsim when I meant Outgage so I will stay sorry with you!

Apart from that, everything is working A-OK on my Z10 speakers with only one problem: fellow racers warn me to look at the road instead of the speakers if they see me veer off toward the grass!

L56 Out...
Quote from L56 :Don't worry, Feffe85

Outgage, Outsim and Insim are revolving around my head and are hard to keep track of what's what when trying to trouble shoot. Esp for me as normal user that really is not so interested about ports and IP's and modes in a cfg file.

But I really think I typed Outsim when I meant Outgage so I will stay sorry with you!

Apart from that, everything is working A-OK on my Z10 speakers with only one problem: fellow racers warn me to look at the road instead of the speakers if they see me veer off toward the grass!

L56 Out...

Hehe, okey!

Ontopic then: I´d love to try the Z-10's, cause im a big fan of logitechs stuff that has built-in displey :P That's like the only reason for me buying the G15 awhile ago. But i like it and will continue use it

Hope u start looking at the road soon and not on the displ

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG