The online racing simulator
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :oh... how I miss the days when people could be bothered to read before posting ... wait, when were those days?

did u bother
I just downloaded this great app, and realized I needed the buttons underneath the LCD to use it. I happen to not have those buttons for a couple of undisclosed reasons, so is there anyway to "virtually" press the third button to start it? Thanks.
well I actually "signed up", sort of, to post this..
I just got my G15 and thought "well damn it" because I'm running vista x64
..that's the bad news.
Now on to the good news: I found a solution.
Since there's still the "waiting for a vista x64 version" in the first post, I'm posting this for y'all x64 users out there
Actually this is not my .dll, but I have no idea where I got it <_< somewhere after about an hour of googling.
How it works:
Install the x86 version, realize that it doesn't work, be angry, DL the zip from my attachement and replace the LgLcd.dll in the "LiveForG15" folder, if it works be happy, dr1v3!!1

Hope it works for you too :]
Actually my race-information section is almost empty. It does show the time, but nothing else if I remember correctly :]
Hope I can find out how to fix this, I think it's because of the ports I changed in the lfs-cfg.

btw. about the ports: if the .exe runs, but it doesn't work with lfs, you probably haven't opened the config, you need to insert the correct LFS path there, if it still doesn't work, maybe you even need to start insim first... try a search then

Anyway, can somebody tell me how to use those insim thingys without admin-password?? pretty annoying <.<
As far as I learned this worked without password before patch X or something..
It doesn't seem to work in single-player, only online (tested at my own server so far)

As you can see I haven't tested it thouroughly or however you write this word (me german ), but I'm able to write, so maybe I'll post an update.

Try it please.
Also I'm sorry, but I really have no idea where I got this from!
I downloaded it even before I got my G15 it didn't work without it though, so I waited about a week until I was able to test it, and voilà it works!
My brain says something about a guy who compiled this .dll in an x64 environment.
I found it after reading what you guys posted earlier, about x64 compiling and stuff, so I searched and searched.. and I thought so - somebody actually did it before

Well enough chatter, cya

Edit: Damn, I knew I would forget the attachement!! Man this sucks ^^
also little disclaimer: I haven't scanned the file for virus or stuff, but I'm running antivir personal and it kept quiet, so I guess the file's clean
Attached files
LgLcd.zip - 21.4 KB - 356 views
Quote from KochFolie :well I actually "signed up", sort of, to post this..
I just got my G15 and thought "well damn it" because I'm running vista x64
..that's the bad news.
Now on to the good news: I found a solution.
Since there's still the "waiting for a vista x64 version" in the first post, I'm posting this for y'all x64 users out there
Actually this is not my .dll, but I have no idea where I got it <_< somewhere after about an hour of googling.
How it works:
Install the x86 version, realize that it doesn't work, be angry, DL the zip from my attachement and replace the LgLcd.dll in the "LiveForG15" folder, if it works be happy, dr1v3!!1

Hope it works for you too :]
Actually my race-information section is almost empty. It does show the time, but nothing else if I remember correctly :]
Hope I can find out how to fix this, I think it's because of the ports I changed in the lfs-cfg.

btw. about the ports: if the .exe runs, but it doesn't work with lfs, you probably haven't opened the config, you need to insert the correct LFS path there, if it still doesn't work, maybe you even need to start insim first... try a search then

Anyway, can somebody tell me how to use those insim thingys without admin-password?? pretty annoying <.<
As far as I learned this worked without password before patch X or something..
It doesn't seem to work in single-player, only online (tested at my own server so far)

As you can see I haven't tested it thouroughly or however you write this word (me german ), but I'm able to write, so maybe I'll post an update.

Try it please.
Also I'm sorry, but I really have no idea where I got this from!
I downloaded it even before I got my G15 it didn't work without it though, so I waited about a week until I was able to test it, and voilà it works!
My brain says something about a guy who compiled this .dll in an x64 environment.
I found it after reading what you guys posted earlier, about x64 compiling and stuff, so I searched and searched.. and I thought so - somebody actually did it before

Well enough chatter, cya

Edit: Damn, I knew I would forget the attachement!! Man this sucks ^^
also little disclaimer: I haven't scanned the file for virus or stuff, but I'm running antivir personal and it kept quiet, so I guess the file's clean

It works perfectly
Im using Vista 64bit version

Thanks
happy to hear that
Since it works elsewhere too, I would suggest adding this to James' post
ok i can't get the info to display on the screen, and LFS (insim) is giving me an error (i'm completely insim illiterate, so go easy on me here)

InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

so what does that mean i have to do. All i have done so far is initialize insim with /insim 29999

UPDATE - Looks like split times are going to the keyboards LCD, as well as number of laps, however, no RPM/speed/fuel readout. I'm really struggling with this one guys, how the hell do ya get Insim working...
I had this error before but I forgot how I solved it

but the no RPM stuff looks like you have a wrong outgauge setting..
try mine:

OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 1

( LFS\cfg.txt )

though I have no idea what I'm doing it works

oh.. btw. my split times are not sent so maybe my outsim port is wrong..
damn plugin only has settings for insim port <_< very useful..
I'll try changing it maybe you just solved my problem lol

would you mind posting your outsim settings? :] maybe that helps
thanks for trying but it still doesn't want to work, maybe my Outsim settings are wrong? god only knows, i hope someone can help me i can post any other in that may be relevant

OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 1
OutSim IP 0.0.0.0
OutSim Port 29999
OutSim ID 1

are those correct?
ok i have it working now, heres what i have in my cfg.txt

OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 1
OutSim IP 127.0.0.1
OutSim Port 0
OutSim ID 1
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 1

The only errors i now get is -
IS_MTC - only for multiplayer hosts
OutGauge : already enabled by cfg.txt

other than those this plugin kicks ass, now where to sit the keyboard so i don't get distracted
I use your settings, they work too
but still no fuel..
-
Great news! (Jamesisinthehouse12) DELETED by Jamesisinthehouse12
Live For G15 v0.9.3 for 32-Bit and 64-Bit - Uploaded
Great news!
I have made a new zip file with the new "LgLcd.dll" in it.
I tested to see if this new DLL works with the 32-bit version aswell, but it DIDN'T work...

Thanks KochFolie!

I have made another zip file with the new DLL in it for 64-bit users so there is less mucking around then there already is

P.S. The 32-bit version will be the same as before, just a different file name

This is what is added in the first post:
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Works with:
Windows XP and Windows Vista - 32-BIT and 64-BIT SUPPORTED (Remember they are seperate downloads though )

and...
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Update 29.12.07: Version 0.9.3

- Fixed for special characters in the player name
- Recommended fuel amount considers now that any more than 100 does not fit fuel into the tank,
- Case the tank to be only empty driven must, in order to terminate with only one tank stop a running, is now indicated, how many rounds still on these early / first pit stop possible tank stop be waited must.

Update 07.11.08: Version 0.9.3 for 64-Bit

- Updated Version 0.9.3 for 64-Bit support, because of a new "LgLcd.dll" found by KochFolie

DOWNLOADS:

LCD Fonts.zip (File size:79.9 KB)
Direct Download Link
LFS Forum
MegaUpload Mirror

Live For G15 v0.9.3 for 32-Bit (File size:211.3 KB)
LFS Forum
MegaUpload Mirror

Live For G15 v0.9.3 for 64-Bit (File size:215.4 KB)
LFS Forum
MegaUpload Mirror

First post link: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=718324#post718324

Enjoy!
Thanks again, KochFolie!
I dont get the point of this program I mean aparently it is pretty good but I dont have the keybord or speekers but why would you want to look away from you computer ?

just wonderin
confused
If you have your keyboard sitting directly under your monitor this program allows you to just glance down to see good info.
i really need some help with this the program wont even start for me

[Header]
2008-12-31 16:01:16,656 [1] FATAL Live_for_G15.LFG (null) - Fatal exception caught.
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'lfsdir' start tag on line 7 does not match the end tag of 'lfg'. Line 8, position 3.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at Live_for_G15.LFGConfiguration..ctor()
at Live_for_G15.LFG..ctor()
at Live_for_G15.LFG.Main(String[] args)
2008-12-31 16:01:16,718 [1] FATAL Live_for_G15.LFG (null) - Content of bean:mode=Live_for_G15.Model.NoRace lastMode= player= fuel=Live_for_G15.Model.Fuel elapsedTime=31/12/2008 4:01:16 PM raceLaps=-1 currentLFSState= gauge= requestConnectDisconnect=False requestReset=False isInSimConnected=False

thats the error thing i get
plz help
It seems to me that the configuration.txt is not well-formed XML anymore.

Note that each starting tag (e.g. <lfsdir>) needs a closing tag (e.g. </lfsdir>). When editing this file, please do not remove existing tags, just change the values between start and end-tags.

Maybe start over with the configuration file contained in the downloaded zip file.
Quote from Mad_Dog 1 :i really need some help with this the program wont even start for me

[Header]
2008-12-31 16:01:16,656 [1] FATAL Live_for_G15.LFG (null) - Fatal exception caught.
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'lfsdir' start tag on line 7 does not match the end tag of 'lfg'. Line 8, position 3.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at Live_for_G15.LFGConfiguration..ctor()
at Live_for_G15.LFG..ctor()
at Live_for_G15.LFG.Main(String[] args)
2008-12-31 16:01:16,718 [1] FATAL Live_for_G15.LFG (null) - Content of bean:mode=Live_for_G15.Model.NoRace lastMode= player= fuel=Live_for_G15.Model.Fuel elapsedTime=31/12/2008 4:01:16 PM raceLaps=-1 currentLFSState= gauge= requestConnectDisconnect=False requestReset=False isInSimConnected=False

thats the error thing i get
plz help

pm your messenger address to me
I just installed it, but the display is all stuffed. Numbers getting cut off, times are all wrong and speedo wont display anything over 100 kays. (135kays reads 35kays...) and all the little fonts r bulky as!

I have installed the fonts to relative directory, using Control Panel/Fonts/Install new fonts. So, wot am i doing wrong?

also, this mod wont work unless i type /insim 29999 in game. I have edited the txt as instructed tho...

Someone enlighten me plz. and James, i have PMed u.
Quote from drift_apprentice :I just installed it, but the display is all stuffed. Numbers getting cut off, times are all wrong and speedo wont display anything over 100 kays. (135kays reads 35kays...) and all the little fonts r bulky as!

I have installed the fonts to relative directory, using Control Panel/Fonts/Install new fonts. So, wot am i doing wrong?

also, this mod wont work unless i type /insim 29999 in game. I have edited the txt as instructed tho...

Someone enlighten me plz.

Firstly... You need to highlight all of the fonts, right click them and click install.

Secondly... You are meant to make a shortcut to your Live For Speed (lfs.exe), then right-click and click on Properties and then add /insim=29999 to the end of your lfs.exe's location
(e.g. "C:\Program Files\Live For Speed\LFS.exe" /insim=29999)

I'm sure that was explained somewhere b4...
yeah mate, I have triple checked that the fonts r installed. They are in the FONTS folder, and i have installed them the 3rd time now....

I also have the shortcut for lfs, as i always do with all my games, and the /insim=29999 command was added already.

So, what else to do mate?

I am not fussed about this insim command, i can always press the G5 button with a Macro, not fussed. Just the font is all stuffed up man, cropped, too bold, things not showing, time is all wrong etc. ta.
Quote from drift_apprentice :yeah mate, I have triple checked that the fonts r installed. They are in the FONTS folder, and i have installed them the 3rd time now....

I also have the shortcut for lfs, as i always do with all my games, and the /insim=29999 command was added already.

So, what else to do mate?

I am not fussed about this insim command, i can always press the G5 button with a Macro, not fussed. Just the font is all stuffed up man, cropped, too bold, things not showing, time is all wrong etc. ta.

I will help you further on messenger.

EDIT: Was unable to find a solution...
The font is fine, its just displaying the size of it too big in the G15's Screen so the text results in being cut off.
is there any way to keep live for G15 turned on like other lcd mods?

because each time i run LFS i gotta click the Live for G15.exe, whereas other mods run when an application is turned on, or is always turned on in the lcd manager.

any help to keep the exe on when necessary would be great
Quote from lucassot :is there any way to keep live for G15 turned on like other lcd mods?

because each time i run LFS i gotta click the Live for G15.exe, whereas other mods run when an application is turned on, or is always turned on in the lcd manager.

any help to keep the exe on when necessary would be great

well, you could make it start up with windows...
put a shortcut of the liveforg15.exe in the "Start Menu\Programs\Startup" folder
ah true, didnt think of that heh. thanks mate!
Quote from Nemox :Well, this isn't right is it? :P
I downloaded this yesterday, but today it isn't working.
I only get insim guest closed in-game and the log says
2008-07-12 17:49:08,515 [8] WARN Packets.PacketFactory (null) - We're not catching packet type IRP_HLR
2008-07-12 17:49:08,515 [8] WARN Packets.PacketFactory (null) - We're not catching packet type IRP_HLR

Someone have an idea?

I have same problem as this guy had. It works perfectly on singleplayer, but getting that error on multiplayer (the application closes when I join game).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG