The online racing simulator
To stop someone's crime is a crime or not?
(69 posts, started )

e.g. a guy loot a bag from a girl, & I stop him & caugh him.
Isn't that a citizen's arrest?
If you stop the criminal in an unlawful way (shooting the looter with a sniper rifle) then that is a crime. If you stop the criminal in a lawful way (tripping up the looter as he runs past, assuming he doesn't bang his head and it's deemed to be reasonable force, at least in vague UK law terms) then that's not a crime.

Simple.

Do something illegal, even if it's a reaction to another illegal action is a crime.
Do something legal but bordering on illegal (use of force etc) in a reaction to an illegal action would porbably be considered legal.

Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?
If a somebody breaks into your house, you are only allowed to beat the guy to death if he is upstairs.
What about people who live in flats?

Personally, if someone was entering my house without consent in the middle of the night, I would have no problems smacking the crap out of them until they stopped moving. After all, I don't know if they might be carrying a knife and try to kill my girlfriend or - even worse - steal my TV.
The law is fairly lax on what "reasonable force" actually is. I reckon as long as they're alive then it's reasonable. They knew the risks when they broke in.

Here's a question - if you put a disclaimer on your house that says "if you break into this house you forfeit your right to prosecute if you are injured while on the property" would you be allowed to beat the living crap out of someone?

The idea came to me after that retarded case where a would-be thief sued the owners of the house he broke into for loss of earnings when they broke his arm or leg or whatever it was. A nice little legal plaque on the wall and you get free reign
Quote from scania :To stop someone's crime is a crime or not?

Crime is usually not contagious - but to be on the safe side, try methods which involve minimal body contact. If you've invested into the Voice Of Authority proficiency or took advanced courses in Mind Telemanipulation you will find that it comes easier.

Seriously - why would stopping a crime be a crime? In your bag nicking scenario it would only be a crime if you took the bag off him and ran off with it. It'd make an interesting relay race and if done properly you could get a Benny Hill chase in no time. Tricky finding a big enough hair to get caught in the lens though for the mandatory pause-to-remove-hair scene.
i think its legal when you dont hurt him so much, maybe giving fist to the face isnt so bad if someone makes a crime. or if the criminal attacks to you i think its legal to beat the sh*t out of them if they dont stop. and dajmin, i have same kind of thods. if someone brakes into my house i could easly take a baseball bat and go showing criminals what baseballbat looks like afters smacked to criminals head and if the guy would kill some of my family members, or specyally my dog i would shoot him into the ass with largest shots i find and call police.(i think its a good punishment, a hole in ass rememming you forever that you shouldnt do a crime again)
Quote from Dajmin : After all, I don't know if they might be carrying a knife and try to kill my girlfriend or - even worse - steal my TV.

Hahaha .

IMO If someone chooses to commit a crime then they should lose all protection from the law or human rights legislation. As they are operating outside of the law, they are outlaws and should be treated as such.
Quote from batteryy :i think its legal when you dont hurt him so much, maybe giving fist to the face isnt so bad if someone makes a crime. or if the criminal attacks to you i think its legal to beat the sh*t out of them if they dont stop. and dajmin, i have same kind of thods. if someone brakes into my house i could easly take a baseball bat and go showing criminals what baseballbat looks like afters smacked to criminals head and if the guy would kill some of my family members, or specyally my dog i would shoot him into the ass with largest shots i find and call police.(i think its a good punishment, a hole in ass rememming you forever that you shouldnt do a crime again)

never hurt him, just push him leave the victim & get back the things.
but why Australian gov said they will arrest the helper?
In this day and age, if you do anything to stop them and you injure them, or cause them distress, chances are, they will sue you!
Quote from Thorvertonian :In this day and age, if you do anything to stop them and you injure them, or cause them distress, chances are, they will sue you!

Ha! Not in Finland they don't.

Though in Finland, the punishment for three homicides is a life-sentence of about 6 months on parole.

While if you happen to criticize the government or DRM policies you get executed.

In secrecy.

And your family will be executed too.

And their friends.

The pets will avoid death by firing squad if they confess their crimes.

Finland is pretty much only about executions these days.
if anyone broke into my house. Could i shoot them?
Quote from Luke.S :if anyone broke into my house. Could i shoot them?

With rubber bands, perhaps.

i dont think so,
only if he shoots u, and u could only shoot him in his or her feet, so they don't run
thats why i have my beloved baseball bat behind my bed, i just tell the cops he banged his had against the refrigirator
lol, i keep a baseball bat too, they've allready broke in once, this time, they could steal my pc, pocketbike, wallet,
oh and heart my parents ...
alltho my pc and wallet r on my room, that doesnt keep em from coming in..
i've seen a movie on youtube, in some arabic country, a guy robbed a woman, bout 15 guys cought him, beating him half dead, and the cops just picket the robber out, and arrested him, the other people still hitting him, and the cops didnt matter...
conclusion: yes u can kill/b1..slap people when the cops see it, but only if your arabic

The only thinkg you are allowed to do in Finland is to ask them to leave, please. If you throw the bastard(s) out they will sue. There was a case when some burglar shithead tried to rob someone's home but then owner was there and aimed him with an empty shotgun - the result: the owner gets parole.

If you shoot you need to bury him too.

Otherwise you will face execution for ill thoughts.

How silly is this question? ofc you can not.
I keep a Katana
If someone breaks in my house and is threatening, or looking threatening I will shoot them and I feel I should be fine. If my doors and windows and crap are locked up there is no need for someone to come in without my permission and they deserve to be shot, I actually almost believe you can get away with that in the US and if you can't I still don't care. Someone walks into my house at night when it was locked up, thats too suspicious for me to ask questions before shooting...

Of course, I will be warning them with a shout to get out or they will be shot, but after that its fair game.
Quote from blackbird04217 :If someone breaks in my house and is threatening, or looking threatening I will shoot them and I feel I should be fine. If my doors and windows and crap are locked up there is no need for someone to come in without my permission and they deserve to be shot, I actually almost believe you can get away with that in the US and if you can't I still don't care. Someone walks into my house at night when it was locked up, thats too suspicious for me to ask questions before shooting...

Of course, I will be warning them with a shout to get out or they will be shot, but after that its fair game.

absolutely right...
Quote from tristancliffe :Do something illegal, even if it's a reaction to another illegal action is a crime.

Even though it is true and applies without thought, I'd say there are exceptions where illegal actions should be taken to criminals....

(STONE YE OLDE WITCH!)
Quote from Dajmin : After all, I don't know if they might be carrying a knife and try to kill my girlfriend or - even worse - steal my TV.

LOL!

Quote from Dajimn :
Here's a question - if you put a disclaimer on your house that says "if you break into this house you forfeit your right to prosecute if you are injured while on the property" would you be allowed to beat the living crap out of someone?

If they sign it first!

I think laws on this are crap/too unclear. If you're lucky you're considered a hero, in the worst case scenario you're a cold blooded murderer.
if anyone breaks in can i tie them up and roll call the lfs community to come beat them up?

(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG