The online racing simulator
LFS Comunity video
(44 posts, started )
LFS Comunity video
Hi.

As i said before on another thread, i had an idea and would like now to share it to see if it is any good.
( This is how i see it, but im hoping to get some feedback. )

The LFS comunity video concept is a bit like a contest, only without any prices.(unless some good healthy samaritan show's up )
First it will be a contest for the best replay(actual patch and 1 replay/post per member) that could last...hum...lets say... 15 days. A simple thread with voting system where people could post their replays links and some detail information about that replay.
Everyone is allowed to enter or vote, and the most voted replay is declared the best replay.

Now comes the part 2....

A second contest with the same features as the one before only this time is for the best video using only the replay that has won the first contest.
The videos must all have exactly 2 minutes.
Everyone is allowed to vote and the most voted video is declared the best LFS Comunity Video.

Simple!

I just want to know if you guys would find it interessing or not ...if soo....ideas or even help are welcome to start thinking on actually doing it.
Tks.

(edited on 14/04/2008)

People can now start to save replays if they think they will be good enough for this event, although any patch Y replays will be fine.
On May 1st I'll create a thread - one post per member, containing their replay download links and notable highlights of the race for people to look atspecifying the time and the drivers involved.
Please only good replays!!
After the 15 of May, replays will be judged ( Mp3Astra, Squidhead and me) to a Top 5. Then a poll containing the top 5 will be created, and will last for 15 days.
After the Storm Racing Video Contest deadline is finish ( 1st of June), The
Comunity video Phase 2 begins.
Remember :

Phase 1

Best MPR
- posting time=15 days ( starts on May 1st)
- actual patch
- time= minimum 5 min.
- 5 cars minimum
- 1 replay/post per member with info.
- Top 5 judging
- voting system
- Everyone is allowed to enter or vote once.
Phase 2
Best replay Video
- starts on 2nd of June
- Use only the replay winner.
- Must be 2 to 3 minutes long.
- Posting time=15 days
- voting system

Cheers
That sounds really fun and fair but I do think the required video time is to long. I stay quite busy with the IGTC, LFSWS, LOTA, CoRe, and Oval videos so putting together a 4 mintue long video for (excuse me for saying this) nothing isn't something I'm really interested in doing. Now a 2 minute video would be alittle more appropriate for such a thing IMO.
ok by me...

more ...more...
I like the idea...
can I be the Simon Cowell? I mean the self loving, swearing criticizing bastard with no talent? I mean judge...

wait a second... I already am the second of the lot....
#5 - kaynd
Hmm maybe if I can get inspired by that replay I will give it a try making a movie.
That’s a good motivation

I don't think I have any good replay to share though and I don't think that replays with just teammates action is what we need here... this is not going to be a team promo I quess
ahhh crap! We had the same "great" idea... Oh noes...
How did we manage to have the same idea? I guess FOX and I both got the idea from BlackBird's idea of making Squid movify his replay...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :How did we manage to have the same idea? I guess FOX and I both got the idea from BlackBird's idea of making Squid movify his replay...

First... loooolllooolll....

Now...oh noes...no! Oh yeh! This isn't my show... anybody can help because this is for the comunity. If we have the same idea....excelente! Soo, the ones o think they can/want to help just say it.
Let's try do define the format first imo, no?
When everybody agreeds....that mean we are in the right path.

btw..... did anybody creat a thread like this??
LOllllolol... i just saw it!
Man....that was a coincidence! But it's a diferent thing imo.
Quote from FOX 1977 :LOllllolol... i just saw it!
Man....that was a coincidence! But it's a diferent thing imo.

I guess we'll see who wins battle of the movie competitions
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I guess we'll see who wins battle of the movie competitions

Don't you make me go upstairs young man!
Quote from FOX 1977 :Don't you make me go upstairs young man!

WHAT????? I'm really scared now! :cry:
Edited 1 post....video time.
Any more ideas?
Define what kind of replay must be posted.
min length, least number of cars, etc

I say a replay must be at least 15min long with hmm lets say at least 10 cars?
Or less? What do you say?

Or there is no need to do that at all?
Quote from kaynd :Define what kind of replay must be posted.
min length, least number of cars, etc

I say a replay must be at least 15min long with hmm lets say at least 10 cars?
Or less? What do you say?

Or there is no need to do that at all?

That's a good idea....but maybe 15 minutes is too much for minimum and there are alot of good replays with only 5 guys or soo.

Soo....one MPR with minimum 10 minutes long, and must have minimum 5 cars, but if there are more is better.

What do you say?
Quote from squidhead :I like the idea...
can I be the Simon Cowell? I mean the self loving, swearing criticizing bastard with no talent? I mean judge...

I was hoping soo.... bring it on!

...with no talent....lolll
Yeah more is better for sure but I think at least 10min long with 5 cars is a good start.

Squidhead what say you? 5 cars is a bit too much for a drift replay (the replay action choise is free?) though. He might have a different opinion in that.
Quote from kaynd :Yeah more is better for sure but I think at least 10min long with 5 cars is a good start.

Squidhead what say you? 5 cars is a bit too much for a drift replay (the replay action choise is free?) though. He might have a different opinion in that.

Yeh...i think the action choice should be free. We don't know what kind of action is on the best replay out there. But my money is in racing action....

The main goal is to find the Ultimate fun to watch mpr, soo that we may later try to turn it into an very cool and fun video to watch too.

Everybody likes watching good action replays, and im sure there must be some good ones out there.

Any more ideas...?
Soo...its going in this direction....

Fase 1

Best MPR

- posting time=15 days
- actual patch
- time= minimum 10 min.
- 5 cars minimum
- 1 replay/post per member
- voting system

Fase 2

Best replay Video

- Use only the replay winner.
- Must have 2 minutes long exactly.
- Posting time=15 days

What do you all think? anymore ideas?
Ι think it’s ok but lets here what others have to say.
Bigtime - squidhead - Mp3 Astra -blackbird0 where are you? say something
Quote from kaynd :Ι think it’s ok but lets here what others have to say.
Bigtime - squidhead - Mp3 Astra -blackbird0 where are you? say something

Yeh...where are you guys??

Btw.... i've found out that the polls have a max of 20, soo if we get more then 20 replays to choose from....what you sugest we do?
I was thinking on... maybe people just post replays for 15 days....and then the ones getting the best feedback, would enter on those top 20 for the polls/voting.

Or maybe.... we divide the replays from type, racing, drifting, draging, etc....with a first poll ...then the top five from each type would be on the replay final polls.

???

P.S. - Maybe DeadWolfBones that did a wonderfull job with the lfs comunity awards, would like to give ideas?
Well I can't be saying anything cause technically the competition is already running since Fox had the same idea as Astra and I, and I am not going to steal the thread : / Nor am I actually capable of entering because I have too much going on with LFS as it is between practice, running the Head-to-Head Series, and all the other things I am trying to accomplish...
Quote from blackbird04217 :Well I can't be saying anything cause technically the competition is already running since Fox had the same idea as Astra and I, and I am not going to steal the thread : / Nor am I actually capable of entering because I have too much going on with LFS as it is between practice, running the Head-to-Head Series, and all the other things I am trying to accomplish...

This one isn't yet....since the format is still at work...
Lol...we didn't have the same idea, because in this case, first the public will share and vote for the best replay...and then there will be an movie competition.
In your case is just a video competition of an specif replay you want to " videolize ". Imo they are diferent things.

The good thing is that lfs video makers have now alot of inspiring things to work for....i hope!

Soo people start saving those hot replays of yours.
Yea I know your running yours slightly different, and I hope both of our competitions get some good responses and I am sure we will give the video editors something to work for and a reason to create a video

I don't know what your timeline is but since I had announced the date of June would you mind making the video editing portion start a little after that? Meaning so both of our competitions don't overlap, we might see more that way...

LFS Comunity video
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG