The online racing simulator
I reckon it was a combination of a few factors that caused the collision.

The McLaren would have been lighter than the Renault.
The McLaren is a quicker car than the Renault (better corner exit speed and low speed acceleration).
Hamilton was on a better line than Alonso - less cornering load on the rear tyres - better traction again.

Alonso was moving a bit right to cover but it was a progressive move rather than a sharp jerk. IMO this is Hamilton's fault for not judging the conditions better.

Of course, if we find out later that Alonso lifted/braked then the above would be baws, but I doubt it somehow - Alonso is too crafty to hang himself on the telemetry.

Good job for Kubica yesterday to capitalise on Massa's mistakes to take the pole, he turned out to be on a reasonable fuel load after all.
Button did something on the 1st lap, spin or something I dunno. He's out now after colliding with DC.

I seriously can't stand the commentators, they can't see a fcking thing. After about the 10th replay you hear Martin Brundle say "Actually, Jenson looks like he's out of control". I mean COME ON, HOW OBVIOUS WAS THAT?

EDIT : Button had a puncture at the start of the race..
Another advert, I wish we had the BBC coverage now because Hamilton is coming up to a whole group of cars, when the break is done and we find out that the new Citreon is infact steriotypically German, and Russian Standard Vodka is what we should be drinking till we pass out, he will have passed all of them or crashed into the back of one.

By the way why don't the directors put up a replay with the telemetry that they have available? Last time I checked they can get live telemetry that shows revs, gear, acceleration and braking. As I type this they are showing it on a BMW thats in the middle of nowhere with no cars near it, show it on Alonso's fecking car on that damn replay.

EDIT: Hamiltons car looks like a dog to drive, understeer on entry and oversteer on the exit.
Kimi did pitstop and refuel for 25laps because he was 5.2s faster ant wanted to make last pitstop for 12laps with hard slicks nice
Lol, Hamilton showing Fisichella the fist.

Did he expect him to let him pass just like that?
Why would Alonso brake in the middle of a straight to make Hamilton crash and spoil his own race? (Alonso's race)

I love how you guys 'think'.

If that can be called thinking.
Quote from diablo21 :Why would Alonso brake in the middle of a straight to make Hamilton crash and spoil his own race? (Alonso's race)

I love how you guys 'think'.

If that can be called thinking.

If you've never seen or heard of drivers brake testing each other then you haven't been watching motorsport for long. People do silly things when they're under stress and there's a lot to be won or lost...

edit: Come to think of it...didn't Alonso brake test someone at France or the Nurburgring a few years back?
TBH that seemed like Hamilton's mistake to me.
Bad race for him :S
Is local commentator stupid or f1 has clutch pedal? O_o
Great first lap, boring rest of the race.

Plus a disappointing result.

At least, I got 4 bets right in the Manager game.
Quote from Neblaivas :Is local commentator stupid or f1 has clutch pedal? O_o

AFAIK, F1 cars have a clutch 'paddle' behind the steering wheel, near to the gear paddles. Only used for starts, I think
as far as I know it doesnt have a clutch pedal but it has a clutch...
Ferrari and BMW power
WTF is wrong with the wonder boy Haemintonl? All those hand gestures when overtaking cars on the same lap made him look like an absolute cock if you ask me.
Quote from Blackout :WTF is wrong with the wonder boy Haemintonl? All those hand gestures when overtaking cars on the same lap made him look like an absolute cock if you ask me.

I think he relaly messed up today, his head was nowhere and it showed with his poor start and those hand gestures. Perhaps he is feeling the pressure of being the number 1 in the team with everything to prove, with a very fast and reliable team mate who is happy and comfortable in the team. Another podium for Kubica, imagine what that guy would do if he had one of those red cars.
I think Hamilton it's not very good racing under pression

First mistake with the anti-stall system was just a n00b error, second one impacting Alonso from the rear... waiting for the telemetry but I think Hamilton may be careful on the gas when racing close
Next one trying to take turns at that speed with no front wing it's something I can't understand

Anyway... I'd love Kubika winning the race... I hope we'll see it later
From the replay you can see that the mclaren exits the corner MUCH faster and Alonso takes a different line. When Alonso goes into the good line Hamilton just eats him while trying to pass.

Yea and a great performance for Fisi, he kept Hamilton behind him for 3 laps. By the way, u guys noticed when Hamilton made some sort of a hand gesture to Fisi when he passed him? As if Fisi 'impeded' him or something.
Well all cars with gearbox have clutch(or atleast I don't know any without)
They have a clutch paddle under the gearshift paddles.
So it's not auto clutch?
Bit more interesting race this time, mainly thanks to BMW's impressive pace

ITV and Hamilton share the golden arse award - ITV for choosing to go to an ad break rather than show the press conference, and Hamilton for cocking up the start, driving into the back of Alonso and then making gestures at anyone who "dared" to try to race him... a true backmarker monkey drive today
Quote from mythdat :ITV and Hamilton share the golden arse award - ITV for choosing to go to an ad break rather than show the press conference, and Hamilton for cocking up the start, driving into the back of Alonso and then making gestures at anyone who "dared" to try to race him... a true backmarker monkey drive today

I second that!!
Quote from mythdat :Bit more interesting race this time, mainly thanks to BMW's impressive pace

ITV and Hamilton share the golden arse award - ITV for choosing to go to an ad break rather than show the press conference, and Hamilton for cocking up the start, driving into the back of Alonso and then making gestures at anyone who "dared" to try to race him... a true backmarker monkey drive today

+1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG