The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :LOL, wtf? great commercial! They are making jokes about their pace, officialy??

GO Kubica, GO GO GO!

Yes they are

Everyone is talking here in Spain about the R28 beeing slower than a Megane and at least they show some humor
Remember Australia? Kubica had the pace for pole there... and well frankly had a terrible race relatively. In Malaysia I don't think they had the pace of the McLarens either... so again..

It's got to be a low fuel run.. look at where Heidfeld is in comparison....

I would like to proved wrong as Kubica is the nuts...
Why is there one hell of a big difference between Heidfeld's and Kubica's times? Someone did a press run...

In comparison, Ferrari drivers' 0.3 and Mclaren 0.2 secs. Personally I've got now idea how much fuel they (team mates compared to each other) have. Kimi said afterwards that it was a crappy quali, Heikki that he was expecting to go faster.

It could be a furious race for the victory tomorrow.
#30 - axus
Notice that Kimi is 2.5kph slower at the speed trap than Massa. It's quite likely that as it's his engine's second race they've tuned it down to make it last.

Also Kubica had race pace in Australia, just bad luck. And in Malaysia, Kubica cleanly outran the McLarens.
Either Bob is on a thimble fuel load or that BMW really is improving. Good to see that someone's got the gear to take the fight to the Prancing Donkeys on the non-point and squirt tracks.

Given that the teams are concentrating on 2009 with the big regulation changes (regenerative braking, less downforce and slicks), they haven't really made big changes to the cars. I expect it will be like last year, with McLaren being superior on tracks with long straights and tight corners, but around the faster corners Ferrari will be better. However, with Singapore and Valencia in with Nurby and Indy out it seems like a Ferrari track and a McLaren track have been replaced with two McLaren tracks.
Either heidfeld is on a heavy load or he is having a rubbish weekend, he was rubbish in practise as well.

If kubica is on a really light load then he can probably keep hes postion into T1, this kinda reminds me of Germany 2006 with Kimi getting pole in a season were mclaren were crap as(but he had extreme light load).
#33 - SamH
Sam, that link gives some BS about being outside of the UK restriction.

The link posted earlier works outside of crazy-land.
#35 - SamH
Oooh.. ahh! Okies!
I have the ITV stream (through: http://mad-max.coolpage.biz/simulcastPlayer_02.swf ) and then TSN (Canada broadcast of F1 races) on the TV.

EDIT: I think the grid girls for this race, probably the most tasteful, but still looking good. It's great.

EDIT 2: THe ITV stream is very far behind my TSN broadcast on TV.
#38 - SamH
Alonso = brake tester = moron.
Quote from SamH :Alonso = brake tester = moron.

I thought Hamilton just had the slipstream but didn't turn out quick enough... Can't accuse him of anything though, would have to see the telemetry of Alonso to see what he did..
#40 - SamH
I know.. provisionally, then, Alonso = brake tester. Confirmation to follow

[e] I don't think slipstream applies immediately out of a corner, tbh.. but we'll wait to see. Alonso shoulda been full on the throttle. It looked to me like he lifted, and Alonso being Alonso, it was probably deliberate.
Hamilton = rookie errors

The Anti-Stall system was his first error, the second one ....
#42 - SamH
Sounds like Brundle shares my suspicion. There shouldn't have been contact between them, given that both of them would have been under full acceleration.. unless Renault accidentally dropped a Clio engine in there.
Quote from SamH :I know.. provisionally, then, Alonso = brake tester. Confirmation to follow

[e] I don't think slipstream applies immediately out of a corner, tbh.. but we'll wait to see. Alonso shoulda been full on the throttle. It looked to me like he lifted, and Alonso being Alonso, it was probably deliberate.

Kinda stupid from Lonso. I don't buy it, looks more like Haemitlon just drove into Lonso.

Great start from Kovalainen, too bad for the mistakes though... Kubica messed his chances up totally :/
I'm no Lewis fan at all, but there's no way he would have expected Alonso to come at him that fast, you just assume they'll pull away with the whole time/distance/speed thing
#45 - SamH
Quote from Hyperactive :Kinda stupid from Lonso. I don't buy it, looks more like Haemitlon just drove into Lonso.

If it were feasible, we'd see a LOT more overtaking OUT of corners than INTO. Telemetry is our friend. I don't think, with the best will in the world, Hamilton could have caught Alonso like that without Alonso's help.
Quote from SamH :If it were feasible, we'd see a LOT more overtaking OUT of corners than INTO. Telemetry is our friend. I don't think, with the best will in the world, Hamilton could have caught Alonso like that without Alonso's help.

i agree.

any ideas what happened to button?
#47 - SamH
He's down in 20th.. but I dunno why yet.
Telemetry is not the proof here. Was there someone in front of Lonso? Did Lonso had to lift off because the back was breaking out? Shifting error (:tilt? Maybe Lonso lifted off but that itself doesn't mean that it was because of Haemitlon. Hopefully there's a replay coming so we can guesstimate more
#49 - SamH
Telemetry will tell if he lifted. It will tell if there was a physical/mechanical reason for him to lift, whether loss of traction or because his Renault panicked at the sight of a McLaren behind it.
I don't think Alonso brake tested him, it wasn't out of a really slow turn and to me it looked more like Alonso had a bad line and got on the throttle later than Hamilton. However if it does turn out that Alonso brake tested him then I will be dissapointed in him, even after all the moaning in the press I don't think he would do something that dangerous. I think its a combination on the Renault being crap and Alonso taking a crap line and Hamilton not expecting that.

But at the end of the day it was Hamiltons mistake at the start that put him in that position. I want Kubica to win the race, but the boring Ferrari's are just so fast in a straight line I don't think he can do it.

EDIT: James Allen is really really bugging me in this race, he just can't go one minute without throwing in a totally useless fact about a driver or team to show that he knows everyone and probably sleeps pictures of them under his pillow. Why the hell did he need to say 'Lewis has a fear of sharks and it looks like he has taken a shark bite out of Alonso's rear wing'? Martin had said it already, looks like he took a bite out of the wing, no need to pointlessly throw in that comment about sharks. I bet he wishes he was Martin and actually had useful knowledge and respect from the drivers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG