The online racing simulator
Thanks for your input guys.

Me, Joe and Deko will be discussing these before the next season starts.

Now, please can I ask you for opinions on the following things:
  • Points system - fair? (including sprint and enduro race points)
  • The different race styles we used (1x double sprint race and enduro)
Cheers guys - congrats to you all.
Consider changing the points system, so that only, let's say 7 out of eight, counts. This way
1) you wouldn't have to necesasarily take part in all races. You're allowed to have a life. Though it is highly unlikely, that a lfs racer has one.
2) you could get a way with a retirement. This would be fair since, this beeing a dangerous league there are all kinds of rescue cars on track.

Then, it should be mandatory to take part in practise/test sessions. Let's say off-season (or mid-season brake) tests too, with people practising together. But not with very strick participation perceents or anything, people are entiltled to have a.... nah, there won't be anyone who's got a life for starters.

Furthermore, I have one cunning plan which I doubt anyone will understand or like: Divide contenders in teams. Not because of a team championship, but because in a team there is a team leader responsible of the drivers. This hasn't been a problem this season, because all drivers I've raced against have been really focused on their driving, but this kind of an arrangement would make sure no-one comes without any practise to a difficult track and ruines everyones race.

Lastly, more race control. Deko did a fantastic job, nut one man can't watch everyone. Why not get a few more people to oversee things, to be referees.

EDIT: noticed a typo, but it's better off wihtout editing
Quote from hyntty :Lastly, more race control. Deko did a fantastic job, nut one man can't watch everyone. Why not get a few more people to oversee things, to be referees.

That was part of my plans with having the Rescue Cars...they'd also be in charge of watching this area...I put them at places where there was most likely to be trouble.

I did realise after Round 2 that having them try to flip binned cars was silly. I have them there to push you out of the way, or to the pits if you run out of petrol or something like that.

Also, they are NOT under ANY circumstance to be on the racing line when there are other cars coming from behind in the same sector as the Course car. They are to pull as far off the line as possible, and slow to a slow speed, such as 30-40 MPH, or stop, to let anyone through. But then again, they should be either in their hole or by a car in a yellow flag area to begin with.

d
I didn't like the safety cars. the reason to this was that the races were too short, but other than that i was happy with the league.

Thanks to the admins for arranging the league, i had a blast.

And thanks to all the competitors for some good racing
All good improvement suggestions, was just about to post something similar I particularly like the 7/8 one I was really pi$$ed of that I missed 1 event

(BTW, when is signup for Ickle Endurance?)
Quote from dougie-lampkin :All good improvement suggestions, was just about to post something similar I particularly like the 7/8 one I was really pi$$ed of that I missed 1 event

(BTW, when is signup for Ickle Endurance?)

IEE starts around autumn time - we will probably open the sign ups once we have dealt with the aftermath of the Kyoto 500
:ices_rofl! I'd love to do the 500, but I know I wouldn't be able to stay on track for that long
Anyone involved in moderating the race (safety/rescue/control) should know what they're supposed to be doing before the race as well as knowing all the rules.

I believe in a few races some volunteers came in and weren't sure of either their role or some of the rules (example: no chatting).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG