The online racing simulator
Calling All UK/IRE Drivers!
(42 posts, closed, started )
Hopefully we can drum up more interest, check out this fantastic opportunity!

UK ETM SIGNUPS OPEN!
The Inaugural season of the UK ETM is finally up and running, with the schedule decided, ready, and waiting for drivers. If the other ETM divisions are any indicator this division will be an exciting one! With the top drivers being sent into the international division to compete with the best and greatest in Live for Speed touring cars, this is a chance for the aspiring driver that they just can’t pass up! Last season in the international division we saw Nils Naujoks and Marco Schade both receive an all inclusive trip to watch a Formula 1 race weekend at Monaco, after Nils won the championship and Schade won the final race of the season. Couple with this is the opportunity to be broadcast LIVE on eSports LIVE-streams, eSports really is where it’s at.

There will be 8 races, all held between April and the end of June. The winner of UK division will have the opportunity to run in the International Cup. See below for more specifics.

Start Date: Tuesday 01 April 2008
Number of events: 8
Finish Date: Tuesday 24 June 2008
Start Time: 1930 UK Time
Qualify Length: 15 minutes
Race length: Aproximately 1 Hour
Entrance Fee: €5.95 Euro

Original Thread
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=39608

Signups now open!
http://www.esport-racing.com/liga.ph...gue&liga_id=25
I'm really surprised that people do not seem interested in this . It seems like a top event.....jees even my young hero Scots alien little git bawbag races in the e-sports events along with some other amazingly quick fellows.

I would really like to join the UK/Eire league but due to me being a complete arse and starting a distance learning MSC at 41 years of friggin age I have no time to practise......damn it's been a long time since I did any studying oh why oh why did I talk myself into this?.....meh I'll put it down to midlife crisis
I would love to race, but as I have never raced in these cars (and is slow anyway) feel that I would be more of a hindrance than serious competition.
Chris, surely you would know as well as anyone else that adverts for leagues go in Leagues and Events ...
I think it has been posted here as it has hardly recieved any attention in the leagues forum, and we are very close to the event with 2 drivers entered. I cant believe theres hardly any intrest from UK/IRE drivers .
Quote from Rdcranno :I think it has been posted here as it has hardly recieved any attention in the leagues forum, and we are very close to the event with 2 drivers entered. I cant believe theres hardly any intrest from UK/IRE drivers . Now that the STCC is down, I was hoping to see eSports as the next pinnacle league in LFS.

Maybe the fact it cost's money and unless your very confident or from outer space your not going to win any prizes? mebbe?
Well, with only 2 people entered you stand a pretty good chance.
Maybe me & you can enter then, one of us takes out the other two, and share the prizes
Maybe I am missing it, but what cars is the whole thing? GTR?
Yes, it's all the GTR class.

Btw, The opening post is a bit misleading with the prizes, Shade didn't win the prize along with Nils because he won the last race, he just got it because Nils wants a dirty weekend away with him.
Yes, unrestricted GTRs. No ballast.
#12 - SamH
Quote from Bawbag :Yes, it's all the GTR class.

Btw, The opening post is a bit misleading with the prizes, Shade didn't win the prize along with Nils because he won the last race, he just got it because Nils wants a dirty weekend away with him.

LMAO!

The 1st prize was tickets for two, then?
After having a great time in IGTC yesterday I will have a test at Aston tonight and if I get a feeling for it I will enter.

However, I am concerned about the lack of entries. Maybe to create some interest make the first season free. Drop the entry fee, drop the prizes and the entry to the International League. Just run the UK league separately and bring it together the following season when people have driven in it and the series has momentum.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :After having a great time in IGTC yesterday I will have a test at Aston tonight and if I get a feeling for it I will enter.

However, I am concerned about the lack of entries. Maybe to create some interest make the first season free. Drop the entry fee, drop the prizes and the entry to the International League. Just run the UK league separately and bring it together the following season when people have driven in it and the series has momentum.

Stormy are you sure mate?.....remember the GTR cars have a roof on them, you may get claustrophobic and suffer panic attacks

On a serious note, go for it mate i'm pretty darned sure you could do well
Quote from SamH :LMAO!

The 1st prize was tickets for two, then?

Yea

Making the first season free sound slike a great indea in terms of bringing th drivers in, but I dunno if I can see it happening....

GL in getting the UK devision off the ground, there's only a couple of us in the international series, we want more!
Come on guys! The pace isn't going to be on a par with the International series, so even if you're not a quick driver it's worth entering!

It might help if people could register but specify that they'll enter providing there will be n or more signups. I think a few people are holding back because they don't want to take part with only a couple of people to race against.

Making the first season free could also work...
I would sign up, but I don't have the 6 euros lol. I spent the last of my money on CD's before I saw this thread.
It's difficult to be keen on spending money when just two days before the first race there are only two people to fight against.
Money and LFS should never mix IMO ,Oil and Semtex but I wish you all good luck, hope I'm proved wrong.
This is why I'm not jumping up and down with excitement with the news of a another Sim by the godfather .
Well guys, if you need a bit more time to think i over if you would like to join, we are very open to every critics/ideas on moving the start date, as we dont want to cancel it. We can just give you the best organisation you can get, with fast results, videorecaps of the races, some videostreams etc. Give yourself a little push and enter!

Cheers,

Joe
[tight git]
Kinda looks good, but...pay to race in a competition i have no chance of being competitive in? No thanks.

Why bother when i can race the same cars and tracks in other great LFS leagues and just have fun, enjoying the racing knowing it hasn't cost me anything.
[/tight git]
Quote from The Moose :[tight git]
Kinda looks good, but...pay to race in a competition i have no chance of being competitive in? No thanks.

Why bother when i can race the same cars and tracks in other great LFS leagues and just have fun, enjoying the racing knowing it hasn't cost me anything.
[/tight git]

Crises of confidence are definitely the death knell for series like this.

With such low turnout, I'd say that everyone really has a chance at this season's championship. Ideally, if you're not confident entering you'll gain confidence and improve as the season goes on. The champ has the opportunity to advance to International eTM, which would be a great honor and a daunting challenge for anyone, but the other drivers get a bit of prestige as well. Something for CR to hang its hat on, maybe. ;] Not to mention the prizes.

C'mon, Moosey. I've seen you race and you're no slouch.
I would really like Joe to suceed in this venture, LFS needs a top flight prestige league to showcase it and I think that Vykos has the tenacity and experience to do it. I would enter myself to boost numbers if I could.
If the start date could be put back one week I will enter this, (all work and no play makes me a miserable bastard....my course can take a back seat a couple of nights week, what the heck). Could that be possible with the organisers and people that have already signed up to put the start date back?

I am not fast at all but am probably ok not to embarrass myself too much The FZR is my favourite car and the forced cockpit view suits nicely.

Edit:have now signed up
I just happened upon this thread a couple of days ago and had a reasonable run at Aston last night. I am nowhere near ready to race but what the heck, if you can put this back a week or two I will enter.
This thread is closed

(42 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG