The online racing simulator
Notice, copyright checks on Youtube
(15 posts, started )
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that Youtube is checking all videos on stuff that are copyrighted.. like music or other material used in the video.

I recieved an email from them today wich stated the music i used in a video was someones property (wich i know, cos' it's a song from a pretty famous band). But luckely for me, the owner set the "permissions" to "allow" wich meant there are no concequenses for me. BUT there is also the chance that the owner of whatever is in your video doesn't allow it, wich can have concequenses, like removal of the video or that advertisements can be placed in your video.

For details on this check the Youtube help center.

Sponge.
Wow, they will have a lot to do then.

Probably 9 out of 10 music/tribute/whatever videos have copyrighted music in it.
Hmm.. yeah.. well.. they've got some automated system for it i guess.. The email scared the s**t out of me when i first saw it, but it was nothing really serious after i read it

Just wanted to let everyone here know that they are doing this checking..
That does it! Im quitting listening to music!!!

Or... i can make videos with no music what so ever... and grab the mic going...tatatata.....tatatatata..tatata....that would be nice!
....vrummm....tatatatat....vrumm.....tetetete......vrumm...tatatatat...
That just gave me an idea.....humm....
Quote from FOX 1977 :That does it! Im quitting listening to music!!!

Or... i can make videos with no music what so ever... and grab the mic going...tatatata.....tatatatata..tatata....that would be nice!
....vrummm....tatatatat....vrumm.....tetetete......vrumm...tatatatat...
That just gave me an idea.....humm....

Oh yeah I can see your rendition of Dragon Force's Through the Fire And Flames.
*removes all of his vids just in case*
*moves them to LFSvideo*
*closes accounts*
*opens hosts file*
* "127.0.0.1 www.youtube.com" *
*forgets the existance of youpoop*
then...beatbox FTW!
they flagged another onboard RA video once. I just gave up. it had no music.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :they flagged another onboard RA video once. I just gave up. it had no music.

Only self recorded footage? odd.. then somebody tried to claim something that isn't theirs at all.. That's the downside of this whole thing.. when people go start claiming stuff that isn't theirs..
I am SO going to make my next movie without using ANY music, but singing myself to it...
Just reminded me of something interesting I read in the Wikipedia:

Quote :In September 2006, Warner Music and YouTube signed a deal, in which the website will be allowed to host every Warner music video while sharing a portion of the advertisement income. Moreover, user-created videos on YouTube will be allowed to use Warner songs in their soundtracks

So if you're going to use music, use Warner music.

Of course, this is to be taken with a pinch of salt because I don't trust Wikipedia that much.

Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_YouTube
Quote from squidhead :I am SO going to make my next movie without using ANY music, but singing myself to it...

Cant wait for that one
quick every one make hundreds of vids that are good look

On January 29, 2007, YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley announced that the online video service will pay its active user-contributors (who should actually be the true copyright owners) a portion of the website's advertising revenue. However, at the World Economic Forum, Hurley did not mention an exact amount of money that YouTube will pay the contributors.[20]
Quote :
[CENTER]Our systems have not detected any copyright issues.
Visit our Help Center to Learn more about copyright.

I'm safe! and 100% clean!

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG