The online racing simulator
FXO should be slower
(105 posts, started )
A litre may be 3p dearer, but it'll last much longer than petrol, way longer than 20ml, which is aprox. what that 3c gets you...

Thanks for explaining the diesel thing too
Quote from Bluebird B B :Replace the engine of a tractor with samed size petrol engine designed for torgue at low rpm. You will be amazed how simular the performance will be.

But diesel-engines are cheaper to run (better fuel economy and fuel is cheaper) and diesel fuel is saver to use, because diesel-engines and fuel tanks are less likely to catch fire due to accidents or failures of the engine.

Overal, petrol is better in all areas if you only care about performance. But diesel had other advantages.

Absolutely agreed.
The difference between FXO and XRT is big - no question, and its more difficult to be fast in xrt like in fxo. The problem is, the fxo is too fast on the straight. if it wouldnt be so fast xrt and fxo would be as fast as each other.

Example, XRG is faster on the straight but XFG can easily brake them out without even beeing beside a XRG. Something like that would be cool to see for the TBO Class
Ch3no2
Quote from tristancliffe :Of course it's coded. Just input a diesely torque curve and there you go. But I hope one isn't put in LFS. Let real life suffer the marketting drive that are diesel racing cars, and let LFS stick with proper racing fuel - gasoline

Cough nitromethane cough

Quote from ussbeethoven :But patch X30 shows it is possible by reducing RB4's weight: it can corner harder and has the best start, but loses to XRT on long straights and burns more fuel. FXO in contrast can corner RB4-like, accelerates a bit faster out of slow corners, burns least petrol and has only slightly less top speed [1]. That's not really fair in terms of balance, for example WR laps are even nearly a second faster on AS3 which should favour XRT as a high-speed track.

[1] There are a few disadvantages, but I already explained them in my first post on the previous page.

Yes, the RB4 and XRT are now balanced enough, the FXO need only be balanced to those two. Balancing the XRT and RB4 to the FXO would probably be more complex.
Who mentioned diesels? I'd like to see an XF TDI.

Please don't stone me.

FXO should be slower
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG