The online racing simulator
FXO should be slower
(105 posts, started )
My dads car has ABS. I AM TEH WINN3R.
Quote from Becky Rose :Mazda shaved 7grams off the weight of a rear view mirror for Tristan's hair dresser, so should relative weight of the cars be an issue based on drive train alone? I'd rather weight was set to make the gameplay better than left as is in persuit of a pseudo-ideal of perfection.

And to add to this, most racing classes put a restriction on Power, Weight and tire sizes to ensure a close and competitive class.
That's true IRL professional dedicated racing, but the TBO cars aren't exactly full blown race cars.
It's possible to create the XRT more capabile with adding wider rear tires. But thats not the issue. The issue is the FXO exiting corners much better than the XRT and RB4. The XRT and RB4 are already fairly close to each other unless you get into a low a traction enviorment. I don't see a need to change their attributes, your just creating more work for yourself.

Jamexing: No they are not Full Blown racecars but you don't have to be a racecar to recieve restrictions like this. SCCA has pages of information for the local weekend track-day'er of what he can and cannot do to his/her car to meet certian division requirements.
There's always the VERY easy way (weigh down the FXO enough to slow it down) or there's always the more optimal solution (make other cars as fast as they should be for RL cars with their power to weight ratios). If we improve the others JUST enough to compete well with the FXO, there's no danger of the TBO class being faster than it should be. ATM, TBO cars aren't exactly the most popular, and to slow the whole field down anymore would only discourage their use. Improving the other 2 cars until they perform as they should is more difficult than just slowing the whole class down, but doing things the better or best way never is.

Since some fundamental issues with turbo engines and aero aren't quite copmlete, I agree that slowing the FXO down is the best band aid solution for now. I'm just trying to be realistic. In the long run though, slight upgrades to RB4 and maybe XR GTT tires would be required if the TBO is to be as much fun as it could be. We don't even need FXO sized tires for the other 2 cars to closley match the FXO's performance.

For instance, our developers could simply cheat on the physics and use numerical tables like some other sims, but it's not the BEST way. The sheer insistance of our developers to properly model car handling with proper mathematical based models is one reason I purchased LFS2: the pursuit of the ultimate PC car racing/driving simulation possible on a PC.
How did you purchase LFS2? I'm still on LFS1 S2
I meant LFS S2.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
I totally agree I got owned in the rb4 the other day in a server full of FXOs. I'm not sure what could be done except to lower the power of the FXO. I was driving my mother's lexus ES300 the other day, which is a comparable car and they have about the same power, but FXO has much more torque. but I don't claim to know too much about it.
Pehapse the fxo is a diesel?
Well, he is the new harjun

Somebody has sig quoted Scawen as saying "I have never supported putting diesels in LFS"...please come along so I can make a post which includes a flaming banana
Tbh, Diesels in LFS wouldnt be very good to us but, look on the realisim side of things...?
Diesel isnt even coded in lfs. It's the way how Scawen made it.
Of course it's coded. Just input a diesely torque curve and there you go. But I hope one isn't put in LFS. Let real life suffer the marketting drive that are diesel racing cars, and let LFS stick with proper racing fuel - gasoline
Is it me, or does the FXO handle BETTER than the previous patch, even with thinner tyres?

With the same set, the car feels alot less understeery and grippier on the latest patch compared to X/X30 imo.
Honestly the fxo might be a diesel in disguise. It has a similar torque band and is quite tractor like with default sound.
Quote from Luke.S :Honestly the fxo might be a diesel in disguise. It has a similar torque band and is quite tractor like with default sound.

Its not a frigging diesel. Just because it has more torque than HP does'nt mean its a diesel, and neither does the torque band. It just has bad turbo lag.
It revs fairly low, compared to the RB4 and XRT though...maybe not diesel-low, but still quite low...E-85 perhaps? XD
The highest RPM it can gain is 7500RPM, which is alot imo, seing as most (standard) cars of that type (lets say astra coupe turbo) goes to about 6500-7000RPM or less.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It revs fairly low, compared to the RB4 and XRT though...maybe not diesel-low, but still quite low...E-85 perhaps? XD

Put a low-pressure turbo on any normal petrol engine(with right adjustments) and you will be amazed how mucht torgue the engine will produce.

Diesels are always slower then petrol, but people compare turbocharged diesels engines to non-turbo petrol engines.

With equal quality turbochargers, diesels are much slower than petrol engines. Petrol gets more torgue and a lot more HP.

Ontopic: balancing a car-class with totally different type of cars is futile.
Doesn't diesel get more torque? That's why tractors, trucks and that sort of thing are diesel, not for speed, but for low-down torque...

Petrol is better for HP I know, that's why supercars and such are petrol.

IDK...That's the way I looked at it
oh yes, lets replace the 1.9 with a 400cc, that will beat my XRT. :P
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Doesn't diesel get more torque? That's why tractors, trucks and that sort of thing are diesel, not for speed, but for low-down torque...

Petrol is better for HP I know, that's why supercars and such are petrol.

IDK...That's the way I looked at it

Replace the engine of a tractor with samed size petrol engine designed for torgue at low rpm. You will be amazed how simular the performance will be.

But diesel-engines are cheaper to run (better fuel economy and fuel is cheaper) and diesel fuel is saver to use, because diesel-engines and fuel tanks are less likely to catch fire due to accidents or failures of the engine.

Overal, petrol is better in all areas if you only care about performance. But diesel has other advantages.
Quote from Bluebird B B :(better fuel economy and fuel is cheaper)

Actually here petrol is £107.9 and diesel is £110.9 so diesel is more expensive now.
Quote from Luke.S :Actually here petrol is £107.9 and diesel is £110.9 so diesel is more expensive now.

Wow Luke petrol expensive there

Here it is only £1.079 ....

FXO should be slower
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG