The online racing simulator
I was online just now. But nobody else was there besides some guy named "server". But he claimed he was god.

btw, the '+'-sign is blue in my version.
lol i tired taking the 2CV around the ring guess what. I fell asleep lol.
Quote from Luke.S :lol i tired taking the 2CV around the ring guess what. I fell asleep lol.

Try drinking to stay awake? :P

Now....if somebody can make an 18hp trabant...(hint hint)
can someone make a general lee? (hint hint)
hey spankstar the new Ferrari 288GTO Challenge came out. Maybe that one is cool?
Ferrari 288 GTO Challenge
Mountain Sprint WINTER
Quote from LFSn00b :next combo, Nurb got boring

I felt the same when I was online. It might have had to do with the fact that there was nobody else around, though.

This idea was good fun when it worked but it's more a case of luck if the server is up and their is more than a few people who connect.

Maybe it should be planned for a few days away at a certain time so more people know when to go on.
I'd like to be there for an event. I am usually online every now and then in rFactor, and racing could be a lot better with people that know what they are doing!
+1 to what what bawbag said!
Yeah, the Shire gets boring fast if there's no one watching you crash non-stop.

I'm open for suggestions for a gathering night. The dedicated ol' PC even lets people vote!
Few suggestions:
- Bathurst and 914 from the GSCT mod
- Zonda GTR and 1988 Hungaroring
- Blue mountain track with the R500s from the caterham mods

Obviously 1250 version would be nice as well

Track options are basically limitless, so many enjoyable tracks but in turn it is really hard to pick a car because most of the are just plain awful to drive. The new Ferrari 288 is very interesting but the typical on/off slip curves make it yeat another failure imho. And it isn't even properly finished and not really fps friendly either fro what I've seen and heard :/
The American Muscle Cars are a complete joke in the physics department. I haven't tried the Top Gear track but do we really want to race on an airfield with all the great choice of tracks?

For the track I suggest Opatija a really, really fast tree lined circuit that's easy to learn without a dull section on it.

As for the car, I've been really enjoying the 288 GTO, I'm completely baffled by the physics though seeing as it has a funny slip curve and very high G and acceleration estimates in the garage. The actual car doesn't seem to behave like I'd expect at all, very controlable tail happy and a joy to drive.
Quote from ajp71 :As for the car, I've been really enjoying the 288 GTO, I'm completely baffled by the physics though seeing as it has a funny slip curve and very high G and acceleration estimates in the garage. The actual car doesn't seem to behave like I'd expect at all, very controlable tail happy and a joy to drive.

Which ferrari model did you drive?

I had to seriously edit the car files to get the view out from the car to show up correctly (I know about the fov 50 fix but didn't like it at all). From my experience the most realistic version was very much like any isi car, get the tail out more than 15 degrees and it is a guaranteed spin. Feels a bit like the ISI Panoz mod or whatever it was... Maybe I broke the car with my editing so I might have to try again.

But the whole car just doesn't have anything finished in it. The sounds don't "match", the fov issue, steering issues, fps etc... The best thing is, with all the "problems" it has already been nominated in the "Hall of fame" at rfactorcentral . I know the hof is a bit of joke but doooh. The new menu that came with the mod is very good though, the sounds are a bit annoying but just a bit. But in the end the mod requires one to partially reconfigure rfactor to run.

How can you like it?
Quote from ajp71 :As for the car, I've been really enjoying the 288 GTO, I'm completely baffled by the physics though seeing as it has a funny slip curve and very high G and acceleration estimates in the garage. The actual car doesn't seem to behave like I'd expect at all, very controlable tail happy and a joy to drive.

I tried that one - I have no idea if it is realistic or not but it was entertaining for a while in some tracks. The engine sample transitions from low rpm to mid rpm are horrible though - I think the best I've heard so far in terms of that and actually understanding shiftpoints without looking at the gauge are the 320e21 and the porsche fabcars (or was it the pcc2007? I forget - one of the porsche mods anyway).

The 288 gto I was only able to drive without getting annoyed after I lowered the steering lock to something like 14 degrees (had 450 degrees on the wheel at the time) - anything higher than that had this weird "ffb deadzone" (both with realfeel and without).

I tried the CSGT mod eager for some oldschool GT action but was driven away by the engine sounds, they all sounded like a dremmel with throat problems. I'll probably have to give it another shot after I swap the engine sounds.
memememememe
sure, maybe some sort of cupcars at the nordschleife wich are easy to drive so not half of the pack will DNF during the first lap? :P
VLN cup3B 2008 sounds nice.
Id' be up for it. If I could ever get rfactor to work!
F109RL, extremely fun mod. Turn off all the aids and have fun

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG