The online racing simulator
The 'Ring... The 'Ring... [rFactor race night for LFS community]
Update:
Server online again! I made a quick server info page. If you are interested, remember to bookmark it for easy access.

Update:
It's official.

1) rFactor v1255
2) Nordschleife 2007 2.0
3) BMW M3 E21 v1.01

---

Hello there, my dear torch-wielding-heretic-burning-LFS-community. Don't worry, your ol' pal Spanky (that's Mr. Spank von Meyerhoeffen to you drifters & cruisers) has an interesting offer to make.

In the light of our previous successful venture into world of rallying (Official RBR LFS Community League... which Vain won... and didn't get even a lousy T-shirt for that matter) gave me an idea.

We all know 99,99% of rFactor mods are pure donkey poo and their sole reason to exist is to make life hard for people who just want to race instead of looking at empty server browser or without spending approx. twelve years in search of correct versions of the donkey poo mods.

Anywhoooooo...

Since The Nordschlschlshlhcsheife is the DO WANT! track of everybody - minus the silly oval racers - let's repeat our RBR LFS Community Challenge by making a hard line only to include three mods into our weekly/monthly/yearly LFS rFactor Race Night Special Extravaganza.

By the powers here by invested in me I name the mods to be...

1. Nordshscshlslseife
2. Realfeel plugin (dunno if it actually causes mismatches)
3. BMW M3... Or Niel's Corvette

Who's in, raise yer thumb.

EDIT: Drifters are not allowed.

EDIT: And this is not a comedy thread.
What's that "realfeel plugin" thing?
Spanke me Mr Meyer
but i prefer Niels' great Vette
/me prepares Red Brakecalipers and Trackday grippers
Quote from Eldanor :What's that "realfeel plugin" thing?

It's a plugin that (not scientifically verified) makes rFactor FFB feel better instead of grabbing a semi-firm donkey dropping.
Quote from spankmeyer :It's a plugin that (not scientifically verified) makes rFactor FFB feel better instead of grabbing a semi-firm donkey dropping.

Actually, last time I did that it felt a lot like driving the 'Ring.
Quote from Michael Denham :Actually, last time I did that it felt a lot like driving the 'Ring.

Which means... it felt better or the latter?
I will if someone would purchase me rFactor
LFSNoob i think were allready on 1.255F, and yes nOrdschleife 2007(i guess)
well allmoust all servers and players are updated to 1.225F so why leave behind?
Quote from Scrabby :well allmoust all servers and players are updated to 1.225F so why leave behind?

He's like a demo person choosing to stay with Patch X
I'm in, I'm in, if it isn't too late.
I'll take niels's corvette, it's just wonderful.
Spanjymeyer u mean the M3 E46 Street Racing?
I'd be in if I could re-install rF...and get over the fact it looks like a POS on my system

DK
Thank you M'kay
I could be up for this, might give me an excuse to finally race the damn thing....
We need to confirm version numbers for rF, tracks and cars before starting but it sounds like fun.

I'd like to suggest we don't use the M3 though because as nice as the mod is the car is too heavy and unintresting to drive, I'd like to suggest we try the Corvettes and maybe the 911s and 914s from the CSGT mod or if people are feeling brave the W196s
Quote from spankmeyer :Which means... it felt better or the latter?

I'm not sure responding to that would be a good thing for me But I have driven the 'Ring in real life and in all honesty it was slightly more enjoyable than squeezing donkey poop (however, I was driving a Merc rental car, I'm sure it would have been significantly more enjoyable than squeezing donkey poop if I was in a Caterham or something!).

I think I might have to get rFactor, just for the one or two fun mods and the 'Ring... especially if it feels better than donkey poop!
I'd be interested.
This Sunday ok for a gathering?
Quote from spankmeyer :This Sunday ok for a gathering?

Well, while I cannot speak for the others, if the event starts at around 20 PM GMT, and doesnt last too long (read: not longer than 1 hour), it's fine with me.
Does it work on hamachi?

Thought i'd ask before someone else did, I have rfactor btw :P
I'm soo interested!

I've been the practising the 'ring in GPL for some time now and I'm basically few seconds away from the sub-eight lap (well, I need one lap without a spin which hasn't kinda like happened yet :shy.

My vote goes to

- patch version:
1250 please

As to what car to use, I don't care. I'd recommend that new old beemer but it is a bit powerless, although easy to drive. The 'vette is a bit too understeery for my liking even if it is the best de facto car...

If possible it would be best to arrange a test meeting as some of us haven't raced online with rf at all! I'm open to all suggestions about time and place

Quote from LFSn00b :I have some rfactor folder in my rubbish bin but i dont know where is it from. When i try to take it off the Rubbish Bin, it says that i should need to rename it and then try again putting it back. Now how am i supposed to rename a file that is in a trashcan/Rubbish bin? Anyways, i tried re-installing the patch many times, also tried a No-CD fix but still didnt work. I've done nearly everything. Any help?

You need to rename the rfactor main folder that is located outside your trashbin, the rf folder you are tryting to use now. The windows recycler wants to restore that rf folder from yuo trashbin to where it was and there is now that new rf folder there. Recycler can't restore the old one because it has the same name as the new one which makes windows blow up.

If that wasn't cryptic enough, here's a quote from bibleh:
"And David, according to the saying of Gad, went up as the LORD commanded." - 2 Samuel 24:19
Quote from LFSn00b :Ok, i've done what you said i need to do(renamed rFactor folder to rF1255F) but it still doesnt work. Everytime i open rFactor, it starts with the rFactor screen, but stops there and Vista whines that rFactor doesn't answer and thing.

That prev post was about how to get that folder out from the recycler. Hence the bibleh quote.

Have you tried to use different compatiblity mode in Vista for the rfactor.exe? I have no Vista so I can't really help you there and as rsc is not working there is not much help available with the 1255 rf version either...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG