The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Fonnybone :Just added links to FAQ in the first post.

Very nice fonny!
Little progress report....

As planned, i'm still working on LFSTweakS2 which edits the
3 demo cars. MecaniK was mostly to test out some new code
and to offer something in the meanwhile. I might, eventually,
include the MecaniK code directly into LFSTweak. So far, i've
started loading the data into LFSTweak and can edit a little bit.
Once all 3 cars load/write/save data correctly, the rest will be
much faster. I expect to be able to release something in a month
or so. Maybe earlier if i have enough spare time and things go well.
can you say anything about editing the rest of the cars?
If those won't be editable, will lfsTweak edit the suspension mechanics?
Very nice. I hope we get new physics soon. There is just not enough grip. 4x4 is a must when tweaking with mekanik. And when LFSTweak2 arrives and turbo pressure and stuff is tweakable (if it will be possible), we do need grip!

Updated physics + LFSTweak2 = über
Quote from Breizh :can you say anything about editing the rest of the cars?
If those won't be editable, will lfsTweak edit the suspension mechanics?

The 'rest of the cars' are what i call S1 and S2 cars. Only the demo cars (XFG,XRG,XRT) are fully editeable, the S1 and S2 cars
are encrypted. MecaniK took a slightly different approach by editing the cartypes they use therefore appearing to edit the 'rest
of the cars' while in reality it's only forcing them to fit within limits.

As for suspension editing, i don't know yet. It would be great to be able to select between strut, a-arms or trailing arm, but it's
not that simple. As i've said, i'm making a very basic version and i'll try to add more as time goes by. The XF and XR platform can
represent a lot of cars and along with simple engine/chassis/wheel modifications, can come close to simulating many real cars,
which is the primary idea behind LFSTweak.
Bummer.. You've already talked to Scawen about that encryption, then?
Thanks for the work.
Plz tell me from point to point what I have to do...
ect C:\Games\LFS...) I cannot get I work, and dont wanna read all these many posts...
What is the first thing I have to do? Download MecaniK S2 P04? And what then? where to put it and so.....?`!?!?!
Quote from KasperWahid :Plz tell me from point to point what I have to do...
ect C:\Games\LFS...) I cannot get I work, and dont wanna read all these many posts...
What is the first thing I have to do? Download MecaniK S2 P04? And what then? where to put it and so.....?`!?!?!

1. Download Mekanik. P02 seems to be the most popular. Try that one first. Then unpack it anywhere. Desktop is a nice spot.
2. Download LFS.exe and ABC.abc (check first post). Replace LFS.exe in the LFS folder and replace ABC.abc in the LFS/DATA/ABC folder.
3. Run LFS and Run Mekanik.

If there are any problems. READ the first post. Fonny have updated his post with important links. Good luck!
Now I see this message when I try to start LFS 'Could not load font' ??? LOL ???
LFS isn't loading the correct .abc file. Make sure you've the right file for the version of LFS you are running (patch P and Q have different .abc files)
i dled the things posted on here and yet it still says font not found
im running the full version of the q patch. i dl'ed that exe and abc from the p patch
I think you should download and install another copy of the game. No patches. Just the 2 files and Mekanik.
I agree. Use a seperate folder and put a complete version of LFS 0.5P (no patches !!), and use MecaniK P02.
This is the full proof combo so far.
will try that.

thanks
i found a way to use this online everyone. but everyone has to have the exact same settings. if you dont you will get booted from the server. its pretty fun for a while.
^we allready knew that!
I'm very excited about tweak for S2 as I have had tweak for S1 since it came out and still can't get enough of it. There's always something new to try and I find s2 to be even better because I've had much better results with traction and handling stability with RWD cars using mecanik but FWD forget it. Only things I preffer about S1 is the fact that your tires don't pop and you don't have gas issues with sick power # cars. I had a car in S1 that ran consistent 5.1's on the drag course but now with s2 my tires pop before the catwalk. I look forward to spending many hours messing with tweak in S2, Thanks

For those having problems with mecanik I did too and freshly installed S2 0.5p along with mechanik P02, works great now!
I cant find the readme file or something that goes over what each option does. I finally got this to work and its really fun except all I do is increase power and everything else stays the same.
haha, this is incredible fun while not trying to get pb's down.

also, i figured it'd be flamebait if i posted this is bugs, since its not really, but has anyone else noticed that 750kph seems to be the fastest that the game engins can handle before wierd stuff happens, like falling through the track or being fired into the air for no apparent reason?

anyway, many thanks fonnybone
Is there a possibility in future that devs uncrypt these encrypted cars?
Quote from tehxan :
also, i figured it'd be flamebait if i posted this is bugs, since its not really, but has anyone else noticed that 750kph seems to be the fastest that the game engins can handle before wierd stuff happens, like falling through the track or being fired into the air for no apparent reason?

Yes, it's a well know physics limit in LFS. To be honest, i find it very hard
to reach those speeds with the tire damage and not many tracks have the
room either. I kept breaking the suspension at about 500kmh on the oval
so i haven't reached 750kmh myself in S2 yet.

Quote from Galthar :Is there a possibility in future that devs uncrypt these encrypted cars?

I don't think this is even considered since the LFS team has mentionned their interest in providing
proper editing tools once LFS is 'done'. Until then, don't hold your breath, MecaniK is pretty much
the only way to 'edit' the S1-S2 cars. Decrypting is considered mailcious at this point and will not
be tolerated. The encryption is there for a reason.
Quote from joeynuggetz :I cant find the readme file or something that goes over what each option does. I finally got this to work and its really fun except all I do is increase power and everything else stays the same.

Look in the first post, i updated it again...
Quote from Fonnybone :
I don't think this is even considered since the LFS team has mentionned their interest in providing
proper editing tools once LFS is 'done'. Until then, don't hold your breath, MecaniK is pretty much
the only way to 'edit' the S1-S2 cars. Decrypting is considered mailcious at this point and will not
be tolerated. The encryption is there for a reason.

Thank you for answer. Well I see what is going on right now. Gonna wait for full release then. S3? S4? maybe.... Wish it will be in end of this year.
heh yeah, the only place ive been able to hit >700kph is on the drag strip with the formula v8 wth a little tweaking here and there to help with straight line speed..

half the time when it kicks into 4th or 5th gear the power boost is too much and the wheels just pop

also, I find turning the time2rev thing (which im guessing is actually the spool time)
off (ie. to 0) is actually required or else when it finally gives that little boost of power the tires have zero survival rate

looking forward to lfstweak2 when the lfs team grace us with the final sometime in the future.
Quote from INSANE86 :hi i cant seem to find MecaniK V.P05 , only vP02 , when i use v P02 i cant change cylinders settings , i get a error : Run-time error 13 type mismatch v.P05 dose not have that error if some one has a link to V.P05 please post .

Yes, ive removed all except P02 since its the most stable/popular.
Runtime error 13 probably comes up because you are entering a letter where you should be using a digits. What value are you entering ?
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG