The online racing simulator
But he still chatted in the first place...had he read the rules, he would've known that he wouldn't be DNF'ed...
But do the rules say that race control are allowed to chat to the drivers and tell them if they will/won't be counted?

DK
Quote from dougie-lampkin :But he still chatted in the first place...had he read the rules, he would've known that he wouldn't be DNF'ed...

Actually, that's not in the rules. *hint* I asked Dekojester to add it, but I don't think he's got round to it yet. */hint*

Quote from DieKolkrabe :But do the rules say that race control are allowed to chat to the drivers and tell them if they will/won't be counted?

DK

No mention. We're trying to think of a way that drivers can talk to RC, but not in game
IDK, I haven't read them

But the rules DO say that you can rejoin after a timeout. He could have waited till the end (as you're obliged to stay to the end anyway) and asked then...

Oh well, I thought that was included, I must have seen it in a discussion...

Looking at the screenshot, he did a lot of chat before actually asking would he be DNF...
Quote from J@tko :
No mention. We're trying to think of a way that drivers can talk to RC, but not in game

The rule (1.4 I think it is) says that race officials can use chat for important messages. Does talking to drivers and answering their questions come under that category?

Try TS for your prob btw

@dougie: I disagree, you're not obliged to. What if, for instance, you time out/cable gets unplugged?

DK
I still haven't fully left yet guys, If by tonight the penalty isnt cleared then im out.
Quote from J@tko :Quote from PM sent to me by Dekojester: (if you want to remove this deko, go ahead)

The offending statement (I think - attached):

Punished under rule 1.4 of the rulebook.

IMO, a bit harsh but rules are rules.

Also, the response given to Nightmare, 'yes', is incorrect, as he has the choice to re-join the race and continue. Deko, after you read this, please give your thoughts.

The "No" I said was directed at Math1js. The "Yes" right after "cause I dc'ed" was directed at Nightmare. I did give him permission to rejoin, but because of other (anti-rules) chat, he got confused and missed the message.

Due to the fact that the rejoin regulations were unclear because they were in the initial rules and regs but not the newest ones at the time, I will grant "immunity" to those who had disconnects and asked to rejoin in Round 3.

This will ONLY occur THIS TIME. No future time will chat about "can I rejoin because I disco'ed" or any other chat except for "may I telepit - upside down in Turn 4" sort will be allowed.

I will add into the regs to allow ONE asking of a question per question about procedural items.

Speaking of updating the regs, I'm almost done. I got 99% done last night, but then was completely knackered and went to bed. Will work on them through and after FP1, done in time for FP2.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG