The online racing simulator
Already Tuned car
(84 posts, started )
Quote :It's a racing simulator, where everyone has the same car (or same class of car at the very most).

Are you saying its impossible, for someone to have two different engines with different characteristics in the same class?
Quote from lalathegreat :Are you saying its impossible, for someone to have two different engines with different characteristics in the same class?

Not impossible, but pointless.

C&P ALERT! Twice in one week must be some kind of record!

Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.
Quote from lalathegreat :Are you saying its impossible, for someone to have two different engines with different characteristics in the same class?

It's perfectly possible, but not likely going to happen. This has been discussed to death and beyond - if you allow engine modifications, in few weeks everyone would just be using the best settings for each track. Right?
Quote from scania :Your opinion is nothing any new things for LFS is the best

Not at all - I'm all for new, exciting and wonderful things in LFS, from cars to tracks, and features to bling. They just have to be the right things for me to want them.

Drift cars - no thanks.
Tuned cars - no thanks
Real tracks - not until technology allows a decent representation
Real cars - not fussed, as long as they are interesting, aren't based on road cars, and aren't all about power. The DP1 for example.
HDR/bloom - have you seen HDR in most games?
Rain - yes please
Night - yes please
Better damage - yes please
Better tyre model - yes please
More detailed sound engine - yes please, as long as it's mostly if not wholly generated in real time rather than crappy samples
etc etc etc
Quote from Dajmin :Not impossible, but pointless.

C&P ALERT! Twice in one week must be some kind of record!

Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

i disagree completely. and your looking at one dimension of the advantage of having it.

yes the reason people tend to share setups is because LFS has so few tracks + everyone stupidly plays the same combo. what happens, people make really specific setups per track combo. i suppose if you asked someone to make a setup that would have to be used across several tracks you would see peoples preferences come into play, as sacrifices would need to be considered

but there are advantages of being able to race the cars of different levels, IE XRT @250hp-@300 etc. bringing some cars into the same class.IE XRT vs RAC sort of thing. i simply think it adds to the simulation, its not all about outsmarting the competitor in the garage. too me its arcardish or immature to have to race around in the same exact cars.

i think this is a cultural thing though Europeans seem to be more suspension obsessed, where as Americans all about engines and japan is the middle ground
Why would anybody race the 250hp XRT if you could race the 300hp XRT?

Try it yourself.
Go to a XRT only server.
Set your intake restriction to 30%.
Race the others who don't have the restriction.
Quote from March Hare :Why would anybody race the 250hp XRT if you could race the 300hp XRT?

Try it yourself.
Go to a XRT only server.

that was an example and i meant it that everyone was using the same version in the race. the idea is that 250XRT is gonna be a lot different to lets say a 400HP one.

just as a note you can't base a 400hp or any modified version off of lfs tweak because LFS do not have correct engine simulation
Setups have big differences because we all have different driving styles, and drive and set up our cars at different skill levels. One set won't work for all.

But different engines, there would always be the definite best setting (until we go to silly amounts like > 1000hp) and unless you deliberately wanted to be slower, you'd have to use it.

(All the native english speakers, please correct my tenses, they're killing me)
Quote from scania :XRR is a race car, tuned by profession racing team, I mean a street car, tuned by other factory like HKS, Gemballa, & the car in Tuner GP

Lfs is not about street racing,if you like it,go play NFS or something
Quote from frokki :

But different engines, there would always be the definite best setting (until we go to silly amounts like > 1000hp) and unless you deliberately wanted to be slower, you'd have to use it.

(All the native english speakers, please correct my tenses, they're killing me)

NO
Great arguments.
if XRT is tuned car - i want to see 45* max steer lock in setup options
if XRT is stock car - idea about new-tuned car is good.
lol those threads about real tuning vs rice doesn't make any sence because it never stops.
Quote from March Hare :Why would anybody race the 250hp XRT if you could race the 300hp XRT?

Try it yourself.
Go to a XRT only server.

What a great idea! while were at it lets make very LFS car faster coz that will be more fun /sarcasm

if you want a faster TBO car use the FZ5 or RAC or LX6 or even the LX4 is a bit faster than the XRT.
driving the XRT at different power levels is a different experience if you can't see that then i doubt your knowledge on racing. its not just about having more power so let me drive this car. Its about how the experience changes when the your racing at different level.
Quote from lalathegreat :i doubt your knowledge on racing.

With your knowledge on racing, wouldn't a team that'd up the power of their car to move up a class or two also upgrade the brakes, rethink their suspension geometry and maybe also think about aerodynamics? You know, to make the most out of the increased power?

Now if you do those things to the XRT for example, you'd end up with the XRR.

If there's ever gonna be a "tuning" system it needs to be so darn technical that your average improvement suggestion thread starter couldn't even get a "tuned" car running. Starting from a 1.6 litre engine that would be thought as a stock engine, you'd need to think of all the timings, cooling etc to tune the car.
Why would anyone start with a 1.6

---
Imho tuning as a car building type of thing is just something that is better off in games like Gran turismos where it adds to the game experience (earning cash for better parts) but in sims that are all about racing the idea just won't work.

That being said, I'd love to see some "tuned" cars that are made for racing (and probably drifting). Lots of power, good brakes and etc. while still being road legal. Like a tuned version of a something that has 300hp/rwd which is made into 500hp beast with more settings to fiddle with.

But a "tuned" version of XRT or FZ50 isn't it. If there is something we don't need is yet another incarnation of the current models.
This thread is all wrong.

1 word: no.

more words:

-you ask for a tuned car which is not a drifter (which automatically makes it a ricer.)
-you ask for a booster which isn't nos (it is boost, that is lamish for nos.)
these suggestions suck.
Quote from Huru-aito :With your knowledge on racing, wouldn't a team that'd up the power of their car to move up a class or two also upgrade the brakes, rethink their suspension geometry and maybe also think about aerodynamics? You know, to make the most out of the increased power?

Now if you do those things to the XRT for example, you'd end up with the XRR.

If there's ever gonna be a "tuning" system it needs to be so darn technical that your average improvement suggestion thread starter couldn't even get a "tuned" car running. Starting from a 1.6 litre engine that would be thought as a stock engine, you'd need to think of all the timings, cooling etc to tune the car.

it would not be anymore complicated than the current suspension setups.

no you would not end up with something like the XRR. as with everything u have to have retrictions so to speak. example only a certain type of fuel.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :This thread is all wrong.

more words:

-you ask for a tuned car which is not a drifter (which automatically makes it a ricer.)
these suggestions suck.

Sorry but i totally disagree with this one
Would you say tuned cars that made for time attack which is very populair in Japan are ricers? Look at this video. They have all the "OMG LEET WIDEBODYKITZORZ" and they are seriously tuned cars with a lot of engine work,body work etc and u say those cars are rice? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHrpzJQaQ2c
Quote from davejah :Sorry but i totally disagree with this one
Would you say tuned cars that made for time attack which is very populair in Japan are ricers? Look at this video. They have all the "OMG LEET WIDEBODYKITZORZ" and they are seriously tuned cars with a lot of engine work,body work etc and u say those cars are rice? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHrpzJQaQ2c

errrm... you don't need to give him a dignified answer... it's true.. the thread is asking for an "amature" built race car... or a race car based upon the hardware of a production car... but if we have tools to make our own in LFS... then we can not only learn to drive, but also how to make an awsome setup...

btw, monkeyman is awsome!
Quote from BlakjeKaas :This thread is all wrong.

more words:

these suggestions suck.

There are many tuned car is not drifter in the world
The TA car in Japan
The Super Taikyu car in japan
The S2000 & RX-8 in Rolex Sports car
The car in SCCA World Challenge
The Circut Hero Challenge car in China
oh, btw, don't forget top secret tuning! they make the maddest cars!
Quote from davejah :Sorry but i totally disagree with this one

The Yellow AWD Twin turbo Z33 is owned by a Hong Kong people now

Already Tuned car
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG