The online racing simulator
Already Tuned car
(84 posts, started )
Quote from nihil :Got a problem dealing with diversity? Live with it or leave it, to coin a phrase you are probably familiar with.

No problem with diversity, only a problem with lack of intelligence, which skidders are _severely_ lacking, in all aspects.

Unfortunately, I see them like a serious disease though, and like immigration. Once they're in and get a hold, you're fscked.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from garph :There will be a head point (can't think of the right word), for me LFS is not a free roaming/city driving game or a tuning game i.e. adding different rims or engine parts it is trying to be a pure racing sim (as much as it can be), and I believe that is the devs goal as well.

I had never said city driving in LFS, but tuned car race is in the real world, like the Tuner GP in European or the Circut Hero in China

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I agree totaly i don't want to see a drift car, but we are never going to get rid of the ricers now. So the best thing to do might be to just give them what they want and then were all not listening to them requesting it would be worth it just to shut them up and although im not a drifter drifting is a form of racing/motorsport and they are trying to make a racing simulator drifting is just a different type of racing like Oval or banger racing or rallycross.

Unless they decide they want to cater to circuit racing and thats it.

Tuned car =/= Drift car
I have no problem with people wanting to drift. It's not my bag, but it certainly has it's share of followers (curse you FnF).

What I have a problem with:
(a) asking for a drift car - all cars can drift
(b) asking for bodykit upgrades and nitrous - pointless (see all my tuning-related posts)
(c) assuming that the devs should shift priorities to match what you want - remember you've been here five minutes. The LFS team has been doing this for years. You will have gotten over the MAD DORIFTO SKILLZ fad and onto something else before LFS is even finished. In fact you may well be retiring age
I'm not asking tune my car in LFS, but just a tuned car style car
Quote from tristancliffe :The best way of dealing with unwanted diversity is to be rude and hope they leave. Usually it works, although I do sometimes find that children (<18) want a fight prior to departure.

Being rude is an artform in itself - the point being to silence the opposition with a display of your superior nature (whilst simultaneously, and far more importantly, nodding silently in the direction of those you regard as your peers and equals)

Ian is just being a tosser.
Quote from scania :I'm not asking tune my car in LFS, but just a tuned car style car

And there rests the case for the defense, m'lord.

Regards,

Ian
Put the handbags away fellas! The problems of this forum are mostly down to the people in it, e.g. newbie drifter has just bought S2 response "oh no lets just hope he doesn't go cruise or drift" its his chioce.

e.g. newbie comes and makes a suggestion that has been suggested many times before response "use the fcking search button moron (links to 500 threads containing this suggestion)"

Now that's the kind of attitude that is making this forum bad not the people that are coming into the community, everyone needs to wise up and be alot nicer to each other otherwise its going to get worse and worse and eventually drifters will take over the world.

Just to quote you Ian on something you said recently which provokes reactions and makes the forum cold blooded.

"Geewhizz... do ya think!?

It must be international retard week or something"2

Regards,

Ian

Was your response to someone who was asking if people thought adding a LEMAN car was a good idea.

Yes it's been suggested a million times, but there's no need for a respinse like that, in future a moderator should or anyone for that matter link him to 1 thread containing this suggestion and leave it like that, instead of flaming the poor guy, and ultimatley may make even more people give up LFS.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Put the handbags away fellas! The problems of this forum are mostly down to the people in it, e.g. newbie drifter has just bought S2 response "oh no lets just hope he doesn't go cruise or drift" its his chioce.

e.g. newbie comes and makes a suggestion that has been suggested many times before response "use the fcking search button moron (links to 500 threads containing this suggestion)"

Now that's the kind of attitude that is making this forum bad not the people that are coming into the community, everyone needs to wise up and be alot nicer to each other otherwise its going to get worse and worse and eventually drifters will take over the world.

Just to quote you Ian on something you said recently which provokes reactions and makes the forum cold blooded.

Regards,

Ian

Was your response to someone who was asking if people thought adding a LEMAN car was a good idea.

Yes it's been suggested a million times, but there's no need for a respinse like that, in future a moderator should or anyone for that matter link him to 1 thread containing this suggestion and leave it like that, instead of flaming the poor guy, and ultimatley may make even more people give up LFS.

Have been on this forum for one day and couldn't agree more.

What's the fuggen go here guys? It's not a dick-measuring competition all right!!

Just chill out and be nice.

And yes, I agree drifting is silly. Asking for "tuned cars" and drift tracks or whatever is like going onto a Need For Speed forum and posting threads about converting it into a high-fidelity racing simulator.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just to quote you Ian on something you said recently which provokes reactions and makes the forum cold blooded.

Regards,

Ian

Why doesn't it deserve a response like that? If the poster doesn't possess the brain power to do a friggin search, then bollox.. they deserve all they get. It's not my fault that this forum has attracted the lowest of the lows in regards to intelligence lately.

Linking the fool to a specific thread is pointless. They could have done that themselves either by manually searching or by way of the auto-search (which even idiots should be able to fathom out, but it would appear not). I'm not going to spoon feed people who are too lazy to fsckin help themselves... if you want to, knock yaself out.. I'm not changing the way I am for these retards.

If these types of people took my (or anyone elses) words to heart and quit, that certainly isn't a bad thing(tm) considering what they're likely to be bringing to the table.

Regards,

Ian
In answer to that all i have to say is look at your sig. Says it all really.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :

A LeMans car at least fits with the ethos of what LFS is all about. The world already has a million ricer games out there, where you can add tat onto your car to make it look like a shed. If LFS tried to fit into this category it would have no hope at all.
Forza 2 allows upgrades, but guess what? Everyone ends up using pretty much the same cars.
Quote from scania :Modify car system is not easy to make in LFS, but I hope that LFS can have some already tuned car.

e.g. XRT with 2.0 Turbo, body kit, booster....etc

Thats Live For Speed....if you want bodykits and NOS go play Need For speed,Kid!
Quote from Ian.H :What's surprising to me, is how many twats LFS has attracted within the last 12 months (in comparison to the previous 3 years I've been involved with the game), 95% of these being of the skidding breed, 5% being the aroX / harjuns / suns of the community.

The average maturity level used to be much higher, but is slowly being dragged down to the lowest common denominator.. aka: "drifters".

with you i never can tell if the irony is intentional or not
Quote from Cash_FLow :Thats Live For Speed....if you want bodykits and NOS go play Need For speed,Kid!

why a racing sim can't get a tuned car?
Well first off what would you use it for? It's just pointless and not even worth wasting my breath on, like now! If you want a specific car to be faster use Tune or Tweak, if you want different looks, find a car you like the look of. If you want body kits and a "sik exorst" go buy forza or NFS like people have already said. This isn't like forza or NFS it's a race sim for racing, not to compare how big your amir kahn rims are.

So many reasons why not i cba to post them. Plus search and you'll find all of the reasons if not more.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Well first off what would you use it for?

A tuned car? Efficient power delivery, better fuel milage, smoother running.......

I am quite happy that we HAVE tuned cars in LFS. If we did not have tuned cars in LFS, it would be a great hassle...

Tune - to adjust (a motor, mechanism, or the like) for proper functioning.

I try to keep my cars in real life tuned so that the longevity of them will be far greater than those which are not tuned. I regularly replace sparkplugs, wires, check belts and hoses, timing properly maintained, and keep sensors within their operating parameters.

Thank goodness LFS cars are all like factory brand new and in perfect tuned condition each and every race start. It would be horrible to find out on the starting grid that the engine was missing because it was way out of time or something...

Quote from scania :why a racing sim can't get a tuned car?

god damn it! just have the devs integrate the Tweak tool into LFS, if fans made a tuning tool... how hard is if for the LFS DEVS?!?!
Quote from Ian.H :Why doesn't it deserve a response like that? If the poster doesn't possess the brain power to do a friggin search, then bollox.. they deserve all they get. It's not my fault that this forum has attracted the lowest of the lows in regards to intelligence lately.

Linking the fool to a specific thread is pointless. They could have done that themselves either by manually searching or by way of the auto-search (which even idiots should be able to fathom out, but it would appear not). I'm not going to spoon feed people who are too lazy to fsckin help themselves... if you want to, knock yaself out.. I'm not changing the way I am for these retards.

If these types of people took my (or anyone elses) words to heart and quit, that certainly isn't a bad thing(tm) considering what they're likely to be bringing to the table.

Regards,

Ian

Ever stop to think for one little second that not everyone has experience in forums? And not everyone reads the lfs forums every day reading the entirety of every thread? I agree with whatshisface that people like you are ruining the community, not "noobs".
Quote from atlantian :god damn it! just have the devs integrate the Tweak tool into LFS, if fans made a tuning tool... how hard is if for the LFS DEVS?!?!

It's not a question of difficulty. It's a question of desire. What you should be asking is: do the devs WANT a tune tool in their game? If they don't (and so far it looks like they don't), deal with it I sincerely hope they never do: put a tuning tool in LFS and it instantly becomes like every other ricer NFS piece of shit game out there.
Quote from Hankstar :It's not a question of difficulty. It's a question of desire. What you should be asking is: do the devs WANT a tune tool in their game? If they don't (and so far it looks like they don't), deal with it I sincerely hope they never do: put a tuning tool in LFS and it instantly becomes like every other ricer NFS piece of shit game out there.

i am asking for a performance tune, not an aesthetic "tune". if putting a tuning tool makes a game into a ricer game then why is LFS still a racing game despite the presence of a suspension tuner? people can pimp or rice their cars out by raising or lowering their cars to a ridiculous degree... don't even start on using "rice" as an excuse...

okey, so they kept out engine tuning as a measure to keep playing grounds level. well, here's a proposal: how about setting tuning boundaries on servers and competitions...like IRL:rally_dri *hint**hint*
These isn't a suspension tuner in LFS. There is the setup, but that's not 'tuning'. You can't adjust arm lengths or pick up points, and that would be tuning.

I don't expect you to understand this atlantian, as you want a pointless performance tuner, but it makes you a retard asking for it. Once you understand the point of LFS you'll stop making such a fool of yourself all the time. I, like MANY others I suspect, would stop playing if ricing/skidding/crawling idiots got their way with LFS. It's a racing simulator, where everyone has the same car (or same class of car at the very most).
Quote from tristancliffe :These isn't a suspension tuner in LFS. There is the setup, but that's not 'tuning'. You can't adjust arm lengths or pick up points, and that would be tuning.

I don't expect you to understand this atlantian, as you want a pointless performance tuner, but it makes you a retard asking for it. Once you understand the point of LFS you'll stop making such a fool of yourself all the time. I, like MANY others I suspect, would stop playing if ricing/skidding/crawling idiots got their way with LFS. It's a racing simulator, where everyone has the same car (or same class of car at the very most).

Your opinion is nothing any new things for LFS is the best
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I don't know exactly what do you mean but IMHO XRT is the "tuned" version of XRG and XRR is the "tuned" version of XRT.

i think he means specially only the body with normal road engine and transmission..... in germany we say "fuseltuning" (freely translated: looks more than it haves )
Quote from tristancliffe :These isn't a suspension tuner in LFS. There is the setup, but that's not 'tuning'. You can't adjust arm lengths or pick up points, and that would be tuning.

What he said. ^^
Quote from scania @ tristan :Your opinion is nothing any new things for LFS is the best

No it's not. But even if it was, it's better than already tuned cars (whatever it means) I think...

Already Tuned car
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG