The online racing simulator
Already Tuned car
(84 posts, started )
Already Tuned car
Modify car system is not easy to make in LFS, but I hope that LFS can have some already tuned car.

e.g. XRT with 2.0 Turbo, body kit, booster....etc
Quote from scania :Modify car system is not easy to make in LFS, but I hope that LFS can have some already tuned car.

e.g. XRT with 2.0 Turbo, body kit, booster....etc

I don't know exactly what do you mean but IMHO XRT is the "tuned" version of XRG and XRR is the "tuned" version of XRT.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I don't know exactly what do you mean but IMHO XRT is the "tuned" version of XRG and XRR is the "tuned" version of XRT.

XRR is a race car, tuned by profession racing team, I mean a street car, tuned by other factory like HKS, Gemballa, & the car in Tuner GP
All the cars are tuned.

But we don't want a pre-ricered car really, do we? How would it improve the game/racing having a daft looking car that's 1mph quicker on the straights?
For what purpose? What class would it fit into?
As was already said, the XRT is a "tuned" XRG.

I do think it's quite funny how the most important things on your list of "upgrades" are bodykit and 'booster'. Bodykit adds more weight and creates drag, so your acceleration and deceleration times are increased. Booster means NOS, just f*cking no.

And adding a bigger engine doesn't mean anything if it's in a class by itself. Who is fastest using identical cars? You can accomplish the same thing by only using XRTs. Just imagine that you have the upgrades you mentioned.

These threads are really starting to piss me off now.
theres no need to change XRT... maybe XRG
Quote from batteryy :theres no need to change XRT... maybe XRG

Read the OP. He wants a new car added that's a modified version of an existing car, not a change to any of the current ones.
#8 - Ian.H
Quote from scania :XRR is a race car, tuned by profession racing team, I mean a street car, tuned by other factory like HKS, Gemballa, & the car in Tuner GP

<sarcasm>Oh yes!! please!!</sarcasm>

You kids really need to start reading, comprehending, then simply not posting I realise the first 2 are going to be like learning brain surgery for most of you.

NFS forums are in the other direction.......................
#9 - Ian.H
Quote from Dajmin :

[ snip ]

These threads are really starting to piss me off now.

Most new threads here now seem to either request something rice, or something specific for those skidding twats (normally not mutually exclusive).. LFS IMO is really going downhill with the current "clientelle". Wish these people would fsck off back to NFS or something. Performing a 'new posts' search is like wading through 2' of shit in a sewer.

Regards,

Ian
Wow, some strong views there Ian!!! Ha ha....

I just cannot believe that we are still seeing these sort of threads.

When will you learn that LFS is not about tarting your car to look like you have ram raided Halfords. Its about racing the already tuned up race prepared road cars.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go and 'PLAY' the following

NEED FOR SPEED
OUTRUN
TEST DRIVE
BURNOUT
BURNOUT2

Or any other mindless 500mph games......:chairs:

Before you know it you will asking about fitting Subwoofers and Bass boxes. Us racers will be passing you kids in Burberry hats and gold chains with crap garage music blasting out of your boot....

Obviously this is all my opinion but stop asking pointless/childish/ricer/chav questions.!!!!

Thankyou....
My advice is if the devs want to make this simulator a huge sucess (already nearly there) they will have to cater to everyoes needs or wants and not just focus on circuit racing they need an oval car rall car and i hate to say it but even a drift car to make the ricers happy.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but surely people must have been drifting factory-spec cars before there were competitions for it.
Drifting TYRES on the other hand I'd accept.

But it really depends on what market you want. The majority of drifters won't be interested in LFS because it'll be too hard to pull off the moves they can do with a button press in NFS.
And the fact that the people who keep coming on here and asking for drift-related stuff tend to be like 14-year-olds who think that you can go faster sideways than forwards means it's exactly the kind of people I want to avoid.

That's just me though.
I for one have absolutly no problem with the whole drift thing. I think those boys have a talent. It is almost like 2 communities but whats the problem with that!?!?! Its not like anyone drifts on CTRA or Redline so if they do introduce a Skyline or a purpose built drift car fair play to them......

Just keep the 19" wheels and massive exhausts and lowered suspension to the Tesco car parks on a Sunday afternoon Cruise......
Fortunately the devs aren't after a "huge success", and are merely hoping to create a realistic racing simulator with their own working style, and be forced into large dev teams, strict deadlines, fixed working days, or making LFS more accessible/popular by the addition of stupid cars for stupid people.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :My advice is if the devs want to make this simulator a huge sucess (already nearly there) they will have to cater to everyoes needs or wants and not just focus on circuit racing they need an oval car rall car and i hate to say it but even a drift car to make the ricers happy.

Yes, but if they were simply driven by what made the game sell more, then they would make the game like NFS or PGR. I'm glad the devs have a vision and are sticking to it.
Quote from Dajmin :For what purpose? What class would it fit into?

As was already said, the XRT is a "tuned" XRG.

XRT is a high power version of XRG, but not tuned car
AE86 have more power than AE85, is AE86 a tuned car by AE85?

Quote from Dajmin :For what purpose? What class would it fit Booster means NOS, just f*cking no.

NOS is a type of booster but Booster =/= NOS
AE86 is a car, can we said car=AE86?
Quote from LFSn00b :http://www.tunergp.co.uk/tuner.htm

How come i see nothing rice or is my definition of rice wrong? I sadly agree with OP if its not 100" Bling exhaust and rims

Those cars seem to be pretty standard in appearance, just with some gfx... oh, imagine that... just like the XRT is to the XRG with a different skin! How ironic

Funny how _racers_ very rarely seem to ask for this kind of crap, isn't it? Wonder when these skidding kids will finally grow up

Regards,

Ian
There will be a head point (can't think of the right word), for me LFS is not a free roaming/city driving game or a tuning game i.e. adding different rims or engine parts it is trying to be a pure racing sim (as much as it can be), and I believe that is the devs goal as well.

I hope LFS moves as far away as possible from the free roaming/real life driving of the city driving servers as possible and the idea of a tuning type game, from a racing sim point of view and from my point of view they are very bad for LFS.

Drifters can drift within the LFS idea but I don't believe they need anything special or specific content to achieve what they want.

All the people wanting these things that don't really fit into this end goal will be disappointed, the previous patch showed how many people brought the wrong game.
I agree totaly i don't want to see a drift car, but we are never going to get rid of the ricers now. So the best thing to do might be to just give them what they want and then were all not listening to them requesting it would be worth it just to shut them up and although im not a drifter drifting is a form of racing/motorsport and they are trying to make a racing simulator drifting is just a different type of racing like Oval or banger racing or rallycross.

Unless they decide they want to cater to circuit racing and thats it.
WHAT IS A DRIFT CAR?!?!?
Why can't anyone tell me?
Pretty please.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I agree totaly i don't want to see a drift car, but we are never going to get rid of the ricers now. So the best thing to do might be to just give them what they want and then were all not listening to them requesting it would be worth it just to shut them up and although im not a drifter drifting is a form of racing/motorsport and they are trying to make a racing simulator drifting is just a different type of racing like Oval or banger racing or rallycross.

Unless they decide they want to cater to circuit racing and thats it.

That would be a mistake. Look at the UK immigration problem! You give an inch, they take 100 miles.

Skidding retards here will be no different. You give them a 3' rear spoiler and 10" exhaust and next week, they'll want 18" exhausts and 5' spoilers... there really is no limit to their stupidity.

As has been said many times, there's plenty of games that cater for that kind of immaturity... this isn't one of them.. unfortunately, most are too dense to realise / comprehend this fact and like most children, just want, want, want.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Wonder when these skidding kids will finally grow up

LOL

Its a computer game Ian. It has cars in it. That it has a sizeable (male) adolescent consumer base is hardly surprising.

What is surprising is the number of supposedly adult males who seem to make a habit of getting upset about this fact....

EDIT: Ooops... Missed the immigration reference. Classy Ian, a new low, combining thread derailment with nationalist toss. Well done.
Quote from nihil :LOL

Its a computer game Ian. It has cars in it. That it has a sizeable (male) adolescent consumer base is hardly surprising.

What is surprising is the number of supposedly adult males who seem to make a habit of getting upset about this fact....

What's surprising to me, is how many twats LFS has attracted within the last 12 months (in comparison to the previous 3 years I've been involved with the game), 95% of these being of the skidding breed, 5% being the aroX / harjuns / suns of the community.

The average maturity level used to be much higher, but is slowly being dragged down to the lowest common denominator.. aka: "drifters".

Virtual genocide would be good right now

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :What's surprising to me, is how many twats LFS has attracted within the last 12 months (in comparison to the previous 3 years I've been involved with the game), 95% of these being of the skidding breed, 5% being the aroX / harjuns / suns of the community.

Got a problem dealing with diversity? Live with it or leave it, to coin a phrase you are probably familiar with.
The best way of dealing with unwanted diversity is to be rude and hope they leave. Usually it works, although I do sometimes find that children (<18) want a fight prior to departure.

Already Tuned car
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG