The online racing simulator
Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
had another idea, dunno if its already been said but Donnington Park

brilliant circuit, two layouts and probably alot more feasable to license and for the the devs to get to for research and stuff

Bathurst is definitely and amazing and a unique track!!

I'd say it would be easier for the devs just to make the means available for 3rd party tracks to be added. Then there will be hundreds of real life tracks available!
Hands down, the Mother! (You all know what I am talking about).
Quote from Ikaponthus :I'd say it would be easier for the devs just to make the means available for 3rd party tracks to be added. Then there will be hundreds of real life tracks available!

Hundreds of REALLY shit copies/conversions of real tracks, using inaccurate data, crappy textures, filled with bugs and issues, incompatible after certain patches...

Yeah, sounds like a great idea. Not. Look at rFactor for a good example of why officially supported car/track modding is a bad idea in racing games (other than, say, Generally).
Quote from tristancliffe :Hundreds of REALLY shit copies/conversions of real tracks, using inaccurate data, crappy textures, filled with bugs and issues, incompatible after certain patches...

:iagree:
Quote :Yeah, sounds like a great idea. Not. Look at rFactor for a good example of why officially supported car/track modding is a bad idea in racing games (other than, say, Generally).

While agreed, not as good as LFS, I think RFactor is a fantastic game. Easy to sort the shit stuff from the good stuff by just downloading the highly rated mods.
Quote from petercollins :Ok

Let's say Scawen and the lads put all of their hard-earned cash into gaining the rights to use one real-life track. Fantasy for now, I know, but which would you pay the price-tag for?

Mille Miglia - I want my money's worth...
Quote from tristancliffe :Hundreds of REALLY shit copies/conversions of real tracks, using inaccurate data, crappy textures, filled with bugs and issues, incompatible after certain patches...

Yeah, sounds like a great idea. Not. Look at rFactor for a good example of why officially supported car/track modding is a bad idea in racing games (other than, say, Generally).

I wouldn't brush off user-made rFactor tracks as crap. There are some extremely good ones if you look at www.rfactorcentral.com Hall of Fame.

Mauac GP
This is a more indicative video of what Bathurst might be like to drive in LFS, taken from the inferior Toca 3 on the PS2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwfq5AEnTmY

Check out the corner sequence from 1:05 to see why we are all raving about this particular circuit.
Quote from XCNuse :VIR(ginia international raceway) would be my pick, but as far as ovals go, something like bristol would be the best because it's such a short oval and has such high banked turns, and that's something LFS really needs, cause the KY oval is just more like a high speed track than anything else.

Lol, hell yeah! VIR is awesome!
Quote from T.Kaneda :Ahvenisto

Yep that would be nice. But can I ask you, how come a Japanese person even has a knowledge about Finnish track?
It's kinda cool tho.
Definitely Nürburgring Nordschleife! So that I could practice for going there myself
Quote from Ikaponthus :For anyone here unfamiliar with the legendary Bathurst track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juayGkTKYEo -Good track intro - 2004 V8 Supercars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SawhpwFnLFc - Poll Lap 06 V8 SCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5jtf83eKGs - 1985 Jag v12 on-board cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvWFMOF7CWU - 1979 -Aus V8s

Gets my vote.

nice, but this is my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhj22QLH1Y

:P GTR FTW!! thats when bathurst was at its best, where else do u see commodores, GTR's and AE86's racing each other on one of the best tracks in the world.

EDIT: just watched the 1985 clip, haha havnt seen clips of bathurst looking like that in ages, looks like any other mountain road there, funny to see how hesitant he was on the throttle down conrods, how often do you see someone backing off on the straight without a corner anywhere near? haha very scary straight back then, even now with the added corners its still pretty crazy.
I'd go for Zandvoort I guess
Quote from U.S. Racer :Silverstone!

what you should be asking for is: aston,westhill,kyoto,fern bay,and south city XD
So many outstanding period F1 tracks (GPL through rFactor)........at this point I'm willing to accept any F1 track that does not destroy LFS' cash flow due to its licensing requirements, though with the recent graphical beauty of the Nordschliefe mods from rFactor, I would give it strong consideration.
I wouldn't want to pay more to get a licensed racetrack. The virtual ones are just as good or better.

LFS's formula is to have affordable yet high quality racing, and that means forgoing the authenticity of having licensed material in most cases. If the price was raised, even just a bit, it's quite possible we would get less racers (where money is an absolute issue), and I might not be able to convince my friends to buy into it.

img: wikipedia

A1-Ring
Not because i'm austrian, just because in GTR2 i had the most enjoyable races there. Apart from that, i cant believe how someone would even have the Nordschleife in LFS. It's an annoying track, if you ask me.
Monza or Imola.
Stereotypical, but still, I think Spa's a great track. Very much enjoy the challenge and variety it has to offer.

That said, I do believe we're already spoiled with the brilliantly balanced tracks we're currently enjoying in the game. On the other hand, I'm sure LFS would stand up to the challenge of having it's simulation equivalent compared to real world figures. But as others have said, if it's too expensive... I'd be just as glad with as without

-Z
some many time ago i did a proposal of pay some quantity to scavier team for a real track, but licensing and other legal issues..not really feasible....is good to have a dream!!!

Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG