The online racing simulator
How to deal with a certain threat?
(122 posts, started )
Hello LFS fellows. I come in seeking for advice. It's about a certain someone that I know that has been trying to be abusive to my friends, and just recently found out that he is threatining me behind my back.

I'll give you a brief on whats happened, that got him to this situation.

During the first semester in college, he was claiming to be a smart alec, trying to prove that he was a ladies man when he wasn't, and also couldn't take the retaliation digs when thrown back at him when he threw them at us college buddies.

Eventually it all came to a point where we all hated him, and he shifted his arse to another course as a January starter, because he didn't like the facts that we have said about him infront of his face *which were indeed true* He was a bully, selfish, pervert, and a waste of time in class, talking to others as we were trying to study for this years exam, basically being disruptive.

For us we thought we had peace and quiet, but it turns out that he wasn't going to let this go. He threated my mate, by simply saying he was going to "batter him" last week, only to not show up.

And now, he has threated me at someone who would pass the message on to me, that he was going to scratch my car, and slash my tyres. I'm going to assume for now, that he is going to try and damage my car. And its come to the point that I've decided to take some drastic action, which would give him a message of simply saying "Don't **** with me"

My friend has evidence on her msn via message history, where he explains to her that he is going to damage my car, so now that I'm in the storyline, I want to do something about it. She'll be printing the information off and passing it on to me.

There is a club that I go to on a weekly basis, and some of my friends happen to be police officers. And I'm going to be asking for their advice in what to do about the situation.

Is there anything else that I can do to sort this situation out without involving violence? I thought of going up to speak to him about it in a firm manner, but I'm having second thoughts, as I would rather have this matter done discreetly than in public.

The only upper hand, is that I know where he lives, but he doesn't know where I live, and that I have a bit of ammo on his actions, his behaviour, discrimative acts etc.
Murder him to death.
2 options, either ignore him, and I mean TOTALLY, there is a chance he might give up...or do it my preferred way, which involves a length of steel pipe and a dark alleyway.
Ask your police-type friends by all means, but until he actually does something, I doubt if they would be interested..if they are like our local Bill. they won't be interested AFTER anything happens either!
next time you see him in college (or whereever you study) - kick his @$$ without even saying a thing, just hit him till
a) he is on the floor spitting blood, and pleading for you to stop...you can achieve that easily by using elbows and knees a lot...
b) somebody pulls you two apart where you still can try and hit im shouting something threatening at him...

best defence is offence IMHO

P.S: now that I have read it, I start to think that Im a violent person
I've dealt with a good few people like this over the years.

Bottom line is that if he was actually going to do something, he'd have already done it and not feel the need to talk about it. Let's be honest here - if you were going to either beat someone up or damage their property, would you give them advance warning so that they could set you up? Especially these days where it'd be really easy to catch it on camera.

Hence the phrase "all mouth and no trousers".

Normally when it comes to bullying (which it is) I'd suggest a counter-offensive. Most bullies in my experience only pick on people who don't fight back and a quick smack round the head makes them think twice, even if you don't actually 'win' the fight.
But in this case it's a bit harder, because you need to park your car somewhere and it'd be vulnerable.

If you have the time, a bit of stalking might work. Just 'be' at places you know he's going to be. Don't make any contact, don't approach him, just make it obvious you're watching him and make sure that if he looks at you that you're looking back at him. It must be possible, because he must have a schedule to follow.
It'll put him off guard and if he thinks you're watching him all the time he'll be less inclined to do anything to your property.

Bit of a time-sink though. And don't use notes, because anything physical means he could go to the police himself and the entire plan backfires.
Keep sneaking into his house and turning the heating down, or turning off the hot water supply while he's in the shower, or putting all his socks in a bowl of water so he has to leave the house with wet socks on. Then he'll continuously have a cold, and he'll get a chest infection, and he'll have to go to the doctor for a course of antibiotics.

Repeat this for a few years (maybe decades) and eventually the antibiotics won't work any more and he'll die of bronchitis. Nobody will ever suspect a thing!
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
[quote=Dajmin;698149]
Normally when it comes to bullying (which it is) I'd suggest a counter-offensive. Most bullies in my experience only pick on people who don't fight back and a quick smack round the head makes them think twice, even if you don't actually 'win' the fight.
But in this case it's a bit harder, because you need to park your car somewhere and it'd be vulnerable.
quote]

Exactly. The only problem is, I can fight back, both political and physically. Which did make me wonder why try to bully me? Makes me think he is trying to act hard for attention.
tbh say to him, "look mate you know where my car is, why the threats? go do it" then that will give you a reason to beat 7 bell's of shit out of him
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
Quote from thisnameistaken :Murder him to death.

Rofl, yeah that would solve the problem at least

Quote from Bladerunner :2 options, either ignore him, and I mean TOTALLY, there is a chance he might give up...or do it my preferred way, which involves a length of steel pipe and a dark alleyway.
Ask your police-type friends by all means, but until he actually does something, I doubt if they would be interested..if they are like our local Bill. they won't be interested AFTER anything happens either!

I`ll agree with BladeRunner. I bet he is one of these types that has it in the mouth (or hows that spelled), he can say what he want, but he won`t follow it up. At least that the most likely thing, he sounds like one of these "losers", and now he trying to get revenge by scaring you. I belive it`s shallow attacks, he`s not going to do anything, he just want to scare you.

Quote :Keep sneaking into his house and turning the heating down, or turning off the hot water supply while he's in the shower, or putting all his socks in a bowl of water so he has to leave the house with wet socks on. Then he'll continuously have a cold, and he'll get a chest infection, and he'll have to go to the doctor for a course of antibiotics.

Repeat this for a few years (maybe decades) and eventually the antibiotics won't work any more and he'll die of bronchitis. Nobody will ever suspect a thing!

LOL!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Keep sneaking into his house and turning the heating down, or turning off the hot water supply while he's in the shower, or putting all his socks in a bowl of water so he has to leave the house with wet socks on. Then he'll continuously have a cold, and he'll get a chest infection, and he'll have to go to the doctor for a course of antibiotics.

LMAO! A fantastic plan.

I have just learned (whether or not it's true or not I'm not sure), but someone told me that if you put a drop of Visine in his drink, he will develope horrible craps, like he probably won't make it to the bathroom in time. After a day or so, he'll be perfectly fine..... until another drop of Visine shows up in his drink.

Repeat a couple of times a week.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Exactly. The only problem is, I can fight back, both political and physically. Which did make me wonder why try to bully me? Makes me think he is trying to act hard for attention.

Odds are that's exactly what he's trying to do. Try asking him if his daddy ignored him when he was a kid, or if his mum never loved him.

The alternative is that if you can pull it off, simply threaten him. Push him into a corner and tell him that if he doesn't knock it off you'll throw him off a building or something. He might then find someone else to hassle.

Or send him round my house. Been a while since I've been in a scrap and I've got a lot of anger to work off (the blog, seriously, read the blog!)
Quote from mrodgers :LMAO! A fantastic plan.

I have just learned (whether or not it's true or not I'm not sure), but someone told me that if you put a drop of Visine in his drink, he will develope horrible craps, like he probably won't make it to the bathroom in time. After a day or so, he'll be perfectly fine..... until another drop of Visine shows up in his drink.

Repeat a couple of times a week.

Oh my god, he`s going to shit til he explode, how evil!
Sometimes it just helps to ignore these people. Obviously if he was serious about he would have already done it. Secondly, let him do it, you have very good evidence he probably did it.

And otherwise, tell him you're serious about it and slap him in the face. Some guy at school kept throwing stuff at me and being a jerk. Until I took a hold of him, yelled in his face to leave me alone. He was still acting tough, then I slapped him and said little boys should be listening. He hasn't even talked to me or looked at me ever since
simple answer to all this is its classic...

its what i call the guy who cant get women and thinks by threatening other guys and making gestures, makes him look more manly, id take him aside in front of a bunch of people and ask him to repeat what he said if hes such a bully he will repeat it if not he will more then likely kkake his pants.

as said before if he was going to do something he would have by now.

the threats are his last hope on what he has to get his kicks
Oh just ignore him...seriously. It's the only way to make him feel how ridiculous he is...If you do anything about it you're entering his game, and you should never enter a game you can't be sure to win.

Actually you should never enter a game like that period. Have you ever felt good after a fight? Even if you won? I always feel shitty and think that I would have been better off if it was avoided.

Something tells me though that to trigger this attitude you haven't been exactly mature about how you treated him before.
Quote from Paranoid Android :Oh just ignore him...seriously. It's the only way to make him feel how ridiculous he is...If you do anything about it you're entering his game, and you should never enter a game you can't be sure to win.

Actually you should never enter a game like that period. Have you ever felt good after a fight? Even if you won? I always feel shitty and think that I would have been better off if it was avoided.

Something tells me though that to trigger this attitude you haven't been exactly mature about how you treated him before.

I have to point out that this doesn't make me think you've been hassled by a bully in the past. We've ALL been told "Oh, ignore them and eventually they'll get bored and move on" but it's simply not true.
Bullies don't have the intellect to realise you're intentionally ignoring them - it's not your reaction (or lack of it) that they're feeding off, it's the very act of doing it. And as long as they're doing it, they'll never get bored.

I spent years at school using the 'ignore' method, but it never helped. The only thing that ever did was actually beating heads. I lost a couple of fights, sure, but I won a load too. And every single person who started something stopped it right after that, win or lose.
Quote from Paranoid Android :

I have been mature about it, he got 2 huge kick in the balls when myself, and a friend on seperate occasions put him down because of his attitude, and he felt completely humiliated because they were both in public enclosures. We weren't going to do it during class, because we were studying for our exams. I did my kick in the balls with him during class while we were waiting for the tutor arrived.

He just didn't like the facts that were based against him, and instead of sucking it up and learn from it, he acted like a sore loser, and decided to act hard to try and regain whatever he has of his pride and dignity.
A college student acting like this? That's more 10 year old area i would have thought... what a tosser.
From my experience you can do 3 things:

1. You can just stay passive and do nothing, as he didn't do anything (yet), but this will not the the solution for future 'events'.
2. You can confront him and whoop his ass in a public place (like in the quad, or in the classroom), so he'll be humiliated in front of people he knows, and spends his days with. However, if you chose this, you'll have to be prepared to deal with the aftermath.
3. Get some friends to whoop his ass. This will create a smaller backlash at you. It will also send a message to him that if he does something again, he can expect multiple people to retaliate against him.

I think you should choose between 2 and 3, depending on how he'll act after 2 or 3 gets executed.
If I were you, I'd choose 2 because I don't mind having a possible nasty aftermath.
Slash his trainers!!!!!
#21 - mr_x
Quote from thisnameistaken :Keep sneaking into his house and turning the heating down, or turning off the hot water supply while he's in the shower, or putting all his socks in a bowl of water so he has to leave the house with wet socks on. Then he'll continuously have a cold, and he'll get a chest infection, and he'll have to go to the doctor for a course of antibiotics.

I like that idea, I think you should do that!
Fill his house with eggs, and with paintballs, and he will stop

@Kev: ROFL!
Fill your tires with high-pressure, super-corrosive gas, and hope he tries to slash them before the rubber disintegrates...
Sorry, but got to say it:

Send in the SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!
:inq:
Quote from BigDave2967 :which would give him a message of simply saying "Don't **** with me"

You are part of the problem here. He acts like an insecure teenager -> you all hate him and have demonstrated as much -> he responds with more anxiety induced aggression -> you react similarly...

No one on this forum, or anywhere else, can give you a ready made solution.

(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG