The online racing simulator
LFS Profile for FreeTrack v2.1
Install Instructions:
1. Download and open this file (it contains the LFS Profile)
Click on the link below:
LFS Profile for FreeTrack v2.1, or Copy the Picture's settings below
5. Copy the "Live For Speed.fgp" file into "C:\Program Files\FreeTrack\Profiles"
6. Run "FreeTrack v2.1"
7. Click on "Profile" at the top of the program (Circled Green in the Picture)
8. Click on "Live For Speed" near the top of the screen (Highlighted Blue in the Picture)
9. Done!!!

Picture:

Enjoy!!!
What is Freetrack?
What is Freetrack?
Freetrack is a free software similar to Track-IR™ (Freetrack is compatible with a majority of games using this technology) which makes it possible to simulate head movements in your games and simulators, to increase pleasure, realism and immersion.
It makes it possible to control your point of view in a video game or simulator, with small head movements. What could be more natural than to turn your face towards the rear view mirror to look in this rear view mirror? How to make it simpler than to just lower your eyes to check the switch of the headlights of your Cessna?
The immersion is really improved, you just have a better awareness of the other vehicles in motor race games, you carry out more beautiful approaches in flight simulators,…
Download and info :D
FreeTrack is free (u would have never have figured that out would u? :shy

FreeTrack v2.1 new features include:
  • 3 point cap tracking

• Output interfaces; FSX (6DOF), FS2004 (4DOF) and FS2002 (4DOF)
  • Keyboard output mapping

• Video demonstration mode
  • More responsive tracking
  • Plus more...

There site is:
http://www.free-track.net/english

Download page:
http://www.free-track.net/engl ... 5babae47a145c2550cdb7a5af

Download Link:
FreeTrack v2.1 Installer (17.7MB)

FreeTrack requires at least DirectX 9.0c (November), available here.

Hey its AA Emergency Shaun thanks for the profile
This may come in handy..

I tested cam2pan, but that didn't feel good..

Anyone tried it? Is it better than cam2pan?
My webcam is weird or this program. It's not doing the right movement's as I do.

in-short : It sux.
so this is used with your webcam?
#9 - Jakg
Yes, but you need a headset with LED's on it to get it to work properly
Quote from Jakg :Yes, but you need a headset with LED's on it to get it to work properly

Yeah
Quote from Takumi_lfs :My webcam is weird or this program. It's not doing the right movement's as I do.

don't say it sucks just because you can't get it to work loool
where do i get this special heaset from? tried it without anything. it works but just until light changes or other person walks through behind me
Attention To All!!!
Is the motion translated like with a TrackIR set (left-right = X and up down = X) or can it be configured to be more intuitive (the translation is not direct panning per se but acts more like an extension of your visual space)? Could freetrack be tweaked to do the latter sort of translation?
Quote from xaotik :Is the motion translated like with a TrackIR set (left-right = X and up down = X) or can it be configured to be more intuitive (the translation is not direct panning per se but acts more like an extension of your visual space)? Could freetrack be tweaked to do the latter sort of translation?

All I know is that u can:
Look - Left, Right, Up and Down
Move - Left, Right, Forward and Back
Tilt Head - Left, Right, Up, Down

That is everything... right?
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :All I know is that u can move forward, up, down, left and right... that is everything... right?

Not exactly - but I guess my query is best suited for the FreeTrack forums, so I'll ask there as soon as I get some time. Thanks.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :My webcam is weird or this program. It's not doing the right movement's as I do.

Sounds more like your web cam sucks, well, mine really does

Check out the site and see if your cam is in the supported or non supproted list of cams
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :ATTENTION TO ALL!!!

You need to make your own headset with leds... (I used my old bycle lights :P)

Damn, That took a while to tell me?

Sorry, 'noob' at these things
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :ATTENTION TO ALL!!!

You need to make your own headset with leds... (I used my old bycle lights :P)

How many LED's are needed? and do they have to be the same color?
Quote from scoobyrbac :How many LED's are needed? and do they have to be the same color?

you can have just one, thats quite enough for LFS.
Thats weird mine seems to work fine when i'm hugging my teddy (He wears a whistle with a LED lol)

Who found you this?
Free track works for me without this thing

And use Infrared LED's (You can took them from TV/RADIO/DVD PLAYER/ETC remote, o just buy them in the store). Head movement is readen (bad English ) better.
Quote from KiRmelius :Free track works for me without this thing

And use Infrared LED's (You can took them from TV/RADIO/DVD PLAYER/ETC remote, o just buy them in the store). Head movement is readen (bad English ) better.

No it doesn't
The default is way too sensitive and you get shot out of the car when u move lol... mine is made for the following movements:
forward
back
left
right
up
down

In other words mine is tweaked to work for every direction you move (FOR 4 POINT TRACKING OR LESS)
Led Restrictions
LED RESTRICTIONS
You can only do these movements with these amount of leds...

- BEST QUALITY/PERFORMANCE

- ATTACHED TO HEADSET (The 3 LEDS may not be as accurate as the 4 LEDS)

(The 3 LEDS may not be as accurate as the 4 LEDS)

NO LEDS:
IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU HAVE A REALLY BRIGHT NOSE and/or EARS (For 1 or 3 point tracking lol )

I'm using
Quote from xaotik :Is the motion translated like with a TrackIR set (left-right = X and up down = X) or can it be configured to be more intuitive (the translation is not direct panning per se but acts more like an extension of your visual space)? Could freetrack be tweaked to do the latter sort of translation?

All I know is that u can:

That is everything... right?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG