The online racing simulator
earning cash
(95 posts, started )
No, if you have issues with stuff not working, you haffto know why by yourself. Asking us "WHAT IS WRONG, HALP!" isn't being a programmer. Being a programmer is about solving your own problems and figuring stuff out by yourself, not screaming to the masses to get help.
#52 - sun
Who the HELL do you think you are ? i'am not screaming my head off for code. i'am asking for help. and i'am going to post this one and ONLY!!!!!

1. I'am not asking for code.
2. i dont want you to shout.
3. you wouldnt imagine a 10 year old be able to code
so help me because he's learning to.

4. post things to help me -(not code)

you see ?
More to the point, who the hell do you think you are? You shout at everyone who suggests you actually read the book cover-to-cover and understand it (as it's a very basic book), before attempting to do something more advanced. You don't even understand what "Method name expected." means. It means that a method name is expected next by the compiler. It's really not that difficult. Do you even know what a method is? Do you even know what a compiler does?

By the time I was 10, I had already developed small applications/websites (hand-coded), and had read a number of programming books. By the time I was 13, I was earning money from my development 'skills' - and I still am today.

If you have the 'dilligence' to keep posting here with the same question - then you have the dilligence to read the book and learn everything in there *perfectly* before trying to do something more advanced.

You cannot run before you can walk. Get that into your head.

So here, let me run through your list:

1. I understand that. (So does everyone else)

2. No-one shouted... If you look at the amount of caps text you've used in this thread, I think you'll find it's you who is shouting.

3. See paragraph above... I taught myself from books and the Internet.

4. We have, time and time again. Read the book, go and practice on smaller programs, simple programs - people here who have hundreds of man-years of experience in programming have told you how to improve yourself... but you still think you know better than us.

If you are serious about programming - you will spend the hundreds of hours it takes to learn principles and syntax properly. Go and look at code examples around the Internet (for any program), and see if you can work out why your programs won't compile.

Use your head, it's what the rest of us do.
Yes.. and I couldn't get a simple thing to work earlier, but that's fine, becuase "my insims" is fantastic, and I have never done C#?

#55 - sun
Console.WriteLine("ok C# is what i use and btw hello");

i learnt that.
wow see how Insim networking is a little more "complicated" than writing console lines? Saying you've learnt that does not make you a competent programmer. So read the WHOLE book, start to finish, several times preferrably, and then come back to Insim. You'll see how it's then far easier, and less frustrating.
Why do i get the feeling we all could just as well be typing "jdbninindfinilgnndfjnivblndfknigninfinnweo;fjmai;hfgijncilraeifgkldnrfvldfglndf'nb
fdknbildfmnbklndflbndfbnofnbpfngobnfgbfgnbifgni"

As hes not listining....
Well, maybe he just doesn't understand you. If you can help him then help, if not then don't post. I'm sure you have worked out already that posting replies like these does little to aid either you or him.
#60 - Woz
Quote from sun :Console.WriteLine("ok C# is what i use and btw hello");

i learnt that.

int i = 1;
string[] word = new string[] { "case", "that", "understand" };
object obj = (object)"In " + word[(int)1m] + " " + word[--i] + " you should " + word[0x1 << 1] + " this ";
Console.WriteLine(obj as string);

BTW: All you posted was "Hello World", the first thing you EVER learn in any language. To prove you have bothered to learn something do something simple like chop a string of words into the separate word dropping the white spaces. You code should work for any string given and return an IEnumarable of the words.

Once you can do something simple like that off your own back people here might be willing to help as it will show you have bothered to learn language basics.
#61 - sun
i am bothered to listen and darktime yes thats what i've been waiting for you to say. i wish you where willing to help me... any way i think this is right: (X :== 145) i think it has solved the error if i try it. the error is Method name expected
*sigh* This is gonna be the last time im gonna say this and depending on your answer depends if i ever help you again. You have a book to read. The purpose of the book is to teach you to program. DarkTimes was not born like the terminator with a quest to teach sun to program. Hes just a very helpfull person. Im kinda hoping he doesnt help you for a good reason.

The reason of that is to make you learn. People in this world dont learn programming from other people, they use books and tutorials. Possibly college if they wanna go far in life as a programmer. or wanna take it on as a life carrer. You need to read the book for some reasons like this. It will explain in good time what a method is and what you use them for. More to the point it will solve your error in seconds.

Although im gonna get told spam spam spam i will tell you this as you must read the book. You must learn. So far everything you made you've come to the forum and asked help for. Why bother? your basically not making the program. I know you dont find errors fun and to be honest no one does. i can tell you now you will feel so good about yourself if you learn. Your very young and probley dont wanna learn, but one day your gonna have to bite the bullit and learn. There is no two ways about it.
Sun...2 questions...what is X and what is the : for?
#64 - Woz
Quote from sun :i am bothered to listen and darktime yes thats what i've been waiting for you to say. i wish you where willing to help me... any way i think this is right: (X :== 145) i think it has solved the error if i try it. the error is Method name expected

Method name expected means that when the compiler created the error it was expecting a Method Name.

Do you understand what a method name is? If you dont understand something as basic as a method name then GIVE UP NOW because you will NEVER make a programmer. EVER.

It is possible the error is NOT actually on the line the error is given by the compiler. Check all your () {} [] block pairs for a missmatch etc.

Out of interest, did you understand that small console.writeline snippet I posted. If not your understanding of C# is not actually anywhere near where you will be able to do anything useful. It was all VERY VERY basic stuff that you should not even need to look up to understand.

BTW :== is not even a valid operator in C#. Have you beed reading a Pascal manual and got the 2 languages confused?
Quote from Woz :BTW :== is not even a valid operator in C#. Have you beed reading a Pascal manual and got the 2 languages confused?

Does that sound likely to you?
#66 - Woz
And your spelling tags, too
Ok...
rn James
rn Burgess
rn
rn :hide:
rn
rn
rn
rn ?
It's not my fault mysql_escape_string() likes screwing up \r\n pairs such that nl2br() doesn't actually work on them
Quote from JamesF1 :It's not my fault mysql_escape_string() likes screwing up \r\n pairs such that nl2br() doesn't actually work on them

It's an inside joke of something evil.
:hide:
#73 - sun
Can we get back on the topic ?
When you've read and learnt the book...
#75 - Woz
Quote from sun :Can we get back on the topic ?

You didn't answer any of my questions!!

1) Do you KNOW what a method is?

2) Do you understand the simple code I posted and how it works?

When you answer these we can move on a bit

earning cash
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG