The online racing simulator
Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
#76 - th84
Road Atlanta FTW!
Quote from ghost racer :^ what I said

Reference to PIR.

I would of course vote for PIR because it is my home track and I would love to be able to practice in LFS for it.

But, it would be a bit boring for Sim racing. There is no elevation changes at all.
If Scawen did want to do something like that, I am sure I could help because I know a lot of people involved with the track up there. It is a city owned track so licensing probably wouldn't be a problem.

It is a very fun track to drive in real life though and it is a proper road course. It was originally built off of the city streets of a town called Vanport that was destroyed by a flood. www.griplimit.net for some other video of the track.

If you have r-Factor, there is a pretty good version of it out called Vanport International.

My vote would also go for Road America, a very, very fun track to drive. Super fast corners, medium speed corners, slow corners, elevation changes, etc. VIR would be great too. There are also a ton of club tracks that are being built here in the US that would be great ideas too. Most of them have tons of different combinations.

I think however, that until we come up with a system for the community to provide quality tracks, that Eric should continue to concentrate on fantasy tracks that set a certain theme. Like Fern Bay club tracks, Aston F1 style tracks, etc.
Quote from Viper93 :RA for SURE!

WHen I drove on it wow, the scenery and elevation changes, the monster backstrait with slower sections of the track make it a great track. Then that last bridge... made my skin tingle heading up to that corner at 90MPH, full throttle waiting for the dip on the far side of the corner and hoping that you put the right amount of steering in to prevent an off on the backside, which cannot be seen =)

The bridge is gone now. The put a tunnel under the track. The corner is basically the same though. It makes for better fan viewing without the bridge being there.
Brands Hatch ftw lol
Nuburgring Nordlesheif and i think the rights to that track also include the F1 circuit cause the same people own both of them.
yeah, actually nurburg seems to be the most popular track of all times
Quote from DieKolkrabe :My vote goes to Pacific Raceways, simply because it's so technical and demanding.

DK

Wow, I can't believe someone actually suggested this. That is of course if you mean THE Pacific Raceways in WA state. I've driven that track and wouldn't mind seeing it in the game, but I imagine it'll be a mess, thanks to its technical nature and rough elevation changes at hairpins.

Personally, for some reason I want to see Sepang in the game. Although it probably won't happen, because it's a major track and would cost a lot to license.

Quote from AbsolutMartini :Spa is one of the tracks i would really like to see, and otherwise well let's say Suzuka. Do like the real circuits with a variety of different corners

I agree With spa all the way

But no for suzuka

If that woudl be the track we would get i say make cool fantasy track
somehow i feel ive seen itto much and im quite bored with it
Quote from Luke.S :Nuburgring Nordlesheif

Wow, this is the worst version of "Nordschleife" yet.
Quote from atlantian :yeah, actually nurburg seems to be the most popular track of all times

While the Ring is a great track, maybe the biggest challenge in motor racing, I personally don't think it's great for wheel to wheel racing.

Spa would be fantastic though, but I'm sticking with Bathurst

I mean, look at it....!
Attached images
bathurst.jpg
Monza! I wanna have a very fast track in LFS
I have inquired with the Bathurst owners as to what is involved getting the track into a PC sim just for our own information - I didn't mention LFS by the way, that's not for me to do.

But I am interested in how the whole thing works and will let you know what I hear from them.
Another vote for VIR. It really is quite fantastic. It has a great mix of fast, medium and slow corners with numerous elevation changes. There are several connecting sections which make possible many different configurations of widely varying lengths. I've never even driven on it; I've gathered all this just from the spectating areas (which are excellent, by the way).

Quote from samjh :"Never race a Mangy Horse". The circuit just doesn't flow right for me.

It's one of those tracks that feel like someone designed it specifically to make overtaking a pain in the rear.

I agree. Of the currently active F1 tracks Magny-Cours would be last on my list to add to LFS, although Bahrain and Shanghai are in close contention. The opening bend at Shanghai would be interesting, but the rest of it? Meh.
Quote from Whisper :Wow, I can't believe someone actually suggested this. That is of course if you mean THE Pacific Raceways in WA state. I've driven that track and wouldn't mind seeing it in the game, but I imagine it'll be a mess, thanks to its technical nature and rough elevation changes at hairpins.

Personally, for some reason I want to see Sepang in the game. Although it probably won't happen, because it's a major track and would cost a lot to license.

i practice there occasionally, when i have some extra cash

but no i would hate it if the dev's wasted cash on Pacific or PIR(portland)... if they could, i would want a touge road from japan. that would be a close race and challenging at the same time
#92 - JTbo
Quote from atlantian :i practice there occasionally, when i have some extra cash

but no i would hate it if the dev's wasted cash on Pacific or PIR(portland)... if they could, i would want a touge road from japan. that would be a close race and challenging at the same time

You practise in Malaysia?
Quote from HVS5b :I've often thought we should map some real roads.

How about the A82 from Crianlarich to Fort William, E along Glen Spean to Dalwhinnie then back along the N side of Loch Tay to hook up at Crianlarich again

Ok so its about 50 miles or so........but the roads are class

Ha, good choice

Although, I would quite like Nordschleife, that would be fantastic.

Or....Knockhill!
http://www.knockhill.com/circuitmap.php

Pretty simple track, with a rallycross circuit in the middle Not the most challenging circuit in the world but it'd be fun.
heart says knockhill, everything else says bathurst!
Quote from DavidSco :Ha, good choice

Although, I would quite like Nordschleife, that would be fantastic.

Or....Knockhill!
http://www.knockhill.com/circuitmap.php

Pretty simple track, with a rallycross circuit in the middle Not the most challenging circuit in the world but it'd be fun.

Hope it`s more fun to drive it, than it looks from the picture. On the picture it looks like a borring track, but again - I don`t know how the races are there tho.
Quote from The Very End :Hope it`s more fun to drive it, than it looks from the picture. On the picture it looks like a borring track, but again - I don`t know how the races are there tho.

Take your pick
Ahh, now I remember that track! Drove it in Toca Racer Driver loooong time back on PS1, and I remember it because it sucked
But, maybe LFS can do it bettter than Ps1 did
Yeah it was rubbish in Toca on the PS1. I believe it's better in real life, though I've not driven (or specated) there. It's too scary venturing that far north where public tossing is encouraged.
I was gonna suggest Knockhill when I looked at this thread. It is home after all

But how about Croft? My little bro keeps driving down there to watch stuff.
2.1 mile circuit (just longer than BL1) and has a RallyX config too.

Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG