The online racing simulator
Musical BF1
(63 posts, started )
Awww!
Take the challenge, 24 hours from now, you`ll upload the song ;p

Hehe, but do you think, if you got enough time, that you could manage it?
Hehe, nice stuff! Would be cool if it had at least 24 gears.. :P

I tried the setup, great fun! Altough it wasn't really in tune with my penny whistle (also has 7 notes, and 15 if you over-blow it), didn't really tune well. So editted it a bit, if you don't mind. 7th gear is middle C. 1st gear is B3.

I recorded the C and used it in my sequencer, works ok to make harmony's and stuff. Sound a little noisy and dirty, but it's ok. A bit like an organ. :P

Hmm, I wonder, if you make the final drive ratio half the value it is now, will it be an octave lower? In that case you could get more tones with more cars. 3 cars = 3 octaves. :P
Attached files
BF1_musical2.set - 132 B - 919 views
Quote from Darkone55 :Hehe, nice stuff! Would be cool if it had at least 24 gears.. :P

I tried the setup, great fun! Altough it wasn't really in tune with my penny whistle (also has 7 notes, and 14 if you over-blow it), didn't really tune well. So editted it a bit, if you don't mind. 7th gear is middle C. 1st gear is B3.

I recorded the C and used it in my sequencer, works ok to make harmony's and stuff. Sound a little noisy and dirty, but it's ok. A bit like an organ. :P

Hmm, I wonder, if you make the final drive ratio half the value it is now, will it be an octave lower? In that case you could get more tones with more cars. 3 cars = 3 octaves. :P

Damn mate! You sure have a ear for tones, I never could manage to compare the engine sound to any note oO
#29 - shim
Quote from Bumpdrafter :Recently i got blown away by the capabilities of the old NES/Master System sound chips by THIS video. See (and listen) for yourself. Great stuff!

tis just a midi sequencer..
Quote from breadfan :where James May attempted to recreate the TopGear theme song

This annoys me There is no Top Gear theme, it's a rip from this song.

Altough has been as Top Gear theme since 1977, but at least they used the original version until 2002.
Quote from shim :tis just a midi sequencer..

Its realtime emulation of the sound chip. There are lots of software that can do this kind of stuff avaliable.
Quote from Darkone55 :Hehe, nice stuff! Would be cool if it had at least 24 gears.. :P

I tried the setup, great fun! Altough it wasn't really in tune with my penny whistle (also has 7 notes, and 15 if you over-blow it), didn't really tune well. So editted it a bit, if you don't mind. 7th gear is middle C. 1st gear is B3.

I was aiming for 6th gear to be middle C, and do C major scale from there. But as I said, I didn't une it perfectly to anything, just did it by ear.

For this three-part harmony i'm planning, I have tuned the three setups to my electric keyboard.
its amzing yesterday at 10 pm gmt i was trying to play a tune with my formula engine

some telepathy here
heheh i know a few people who have tried while they're bored, but never been bothered to do it properly like i did :P
Would it be possible to have sets for other cars with a limiter? As for the DragonForce, you could just do it at a quarter speed and fast forward it.

Breaking the Law by Judas Priest, please

Note - to get rid of the gear change sounds (then again, someone could use that as a drum sample ) press shift-A and then select the top one to be solo'd.
lol
ROFL!! AWesome! All you need now is an H shifter =)
Me too!!
I always do this exiting the pits but I suck at making a tune.
Great work:-)
#40 - _ak
you should post this to youtube
Quote from Viper93 :ROFL!! AWesome! All you need now is an H shifter =)

Even if i did have one, the BF1 only has a flappy-paddle gearbox, so it wouldn't let me use it.
Quote from Nitwon :Even if i did have one, the BF1 only has a flappy-paddle gearbox, so it wouldn't let me use it.

im not 100% on this but i think the inability to use h shifters on the bf1 came some time after patch s
I think we should start another thread where everyone can post their BF1 music
BF1 orchestra?

DK
wow very nice! loved it, especially God Save the queen
+1 to uploading it to youtube

+10000000000000 for doing rock/pop songs xD

For some reason, I crack up laughing whenever I hear Dragonforce now...

DK
Quote from deggis :This annoys me There is no Top Gear theme, it's a rip from this song.

Altough has been as Top Gear theme since 1977, but at least they used the original version until 2002.

Well on an episode about the theme, the song was written for them.
Quote from JO53PHS :I think we should start another thread where everyone can post their BF1 music

why not do it here?

Quote from lerts :its amzing yesterday at 10 pm gmt i was trying to play a tune with my formula engine

some telepathy here

um... it just hit me, you're a demo racer, how can you be playing music on a BF1 engine? or do I smell a pirate? pirate:
I didnt't go through the whole thread so IDK, but has anyone tried the same thing with more BF1s? With different tuning you could even achieve some harmonics and chords :P

The first ever LFS motor band

Musical BF1
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG