The online racing simulator
Musical BF1
(63 posts, started )
Musical BF1
The idea hit me when I watched an episode of Top Gear in which a Renault Formula 1 car "sung" God Save The Queen (British National Anthem) with its engine. I've been trying to do it with throttle control for a while, but then I thought why not just use gears and the pit limiter?

So that's what I did, I've played three tunes with my musical setup, all of which are listed below, I also put the setup on there.

The setup is basically a major scale starting at gear 6, notes getting higher as you shift down. I'm not sure what note scale it is as I didn't tune the gears to a piano or anything, just did it by ear.

P.S. I'm open for requests
Attached files
GodSaveTheQueen.spr - 9.8 KB - 525 views
TwinkleTwinkle.spr - 14.3 KB - 360 views
LondonBridge.spr - 12.7 KB - 350 views
BF1_Musical.set - 132 B - 939 views
Yay.

Now do Dragonforce: Through the Fire and Flames

-legs it-

xD

DK
It's absolutely fabolous! Especially the first one, God Save Teh Queen.
EDIT: now i'm trying to imagine someone sitting in front of a pc shifting up and down without apparent reason...
yep, XCNuse, that's the car that inspired me

I may try some more tunes soon, but it's hard shifting fast enough when you have to jump 3 or 4 gears.
I guess the way they do it is they have some software that converts MIDI tones to RPMs so the engine's computer can read it and then it revs for certain values set by MIDI
There was also another episode of TopGear (but I forgot which one), where James May attempted to recreate the TopGear theme song using various sounds of various cars' engines. Unfortunately I didn't find it on youtube as I don't know which episode it was. If anyone knew, I'd be grateful

As for your BF1 idea, you did a great job, it's really fun
Nitwon, my request list:
We Are The Champions - Queen
Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce
Take it Easy - Eagles

DK
eh... Fang The BF1 only has 7 gears, rofl did I say only? Well i suppose in terms of musical notes it it only 7. We are the champions has more than 7 notes in it i'm afraid, and i don't know the other songs you're on about i'll have to look em up.
Quote from Nitwon :but it's hard shifting fast enough when you have to jump 3 or 4 gears.

you could try setting the gear shift mode to h-shifter and map gears 1-6 to your keyboard. this way, you don't have to shift through all the unnecessary gears.

[edit] wait, does h-shift mode even work with the bf1 ?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Yay.

-legs it-

xD

DK

Roflmao, yes thats something
Quote from shadeless :wait, does h-shift mode even work with the bf1 ?

nope, i've tried that

it's ok, if i let go of the throttle and shift real quick you don't notice so much, or it doesn't hinder the tune anyway.

i'm working on a 3-part harmony right now, going to try doing it multiplayer.

the lag won't matter so much since the notes are very slow and long, but since it's a harmony t'will still sound good
Thats excellent!
Can someone make these into a ringtone? They are nice
Thats fantastic btw, you must have got really bored to think that would work

But good job
How do you get those messages to come up?
i quite enjoyed that... very nice indeed .

@ JO53PHS you type: /rcm the message and then press ok (enter) and then you type /rcm_all to display it on screen (to clear type /rcc_all)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Yay.

-legs it-

xD

DK

It would be easier to do it with the NES sound chip than on the BF1
Quote from Bumpdrafter :It would be easier to do it with the NES sound chip than on the BF1

WUHT? (off topic here -->)I also happen to write NES music! It's fun creating the feeling that there's a whole orchestra playing with only 2 square channels, a triangle channel and a noise channel.
haha very nice and entertaining!

Now lets turn this into a competition ! Post laptimes of blackwood in BF1 while playing god save the queen! (only joking or really bored)
Nitwon, so, when does the Dragonforce song comes?
Recently i got blown away by the capabilities of the old NES/Master System sound chips by THIS video. See (and listen) for yourself. Great stuff!

Musical BF1
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG