The online racing simulator
I fell sorry for all his customers
I'm glad scawen's not scattered like this guy !
No comment on his behaviour. He seems to thoroughly enjoy rubbing how he's NOT working on 1.0.3 in his customer's faces.
Quote from Shotglass :why am i not surprised the steering is as unphysical as it gets?

Well, to his defense it's kinda understandable, because real steering input would be far too "imprecise" and generally undrivable. Though when you play around with it a little bit you notice there's A LOT of fudging going on. I mean, I can understand simulating a virtual driver that does all the corrections for you and keeps the bike upright with a virtual leg force, but if you can

- drift around corners
- save huge slides
- drive in an almost straight line while leaning approximately 75-80° in one direction
- reaching a lean angle of 75-80°
- drive into the grass barely being affected
- manage to drive a slight right curve while braking and leaning left without immediately toppling over

then you notice how it's kinda far removed from reality. Oh and this bike needs a new clutch (or is it wheelspin? I can't tell). And its wheels are turning backwards.

Thats about as far away from riding a bike as you can get IMO
It is a nice little game, I admit . A bit hard to see where you are actually going but all those power slides et all it is nice little thing. Could be a lot better but still...

Only bad thing to say is really the view and how it goes so low and "angled" when you lean the bike. In real life the drivers have neck that isn't rigid.
Can't access the options, it just crashes. Awesome... :rolleyes: Game itself works though, until I hit the wall in front of the pits due to not having a steering axis. Could this be due to me using Vista 64?
Attached images
netbike.png
Have you done this?
Quote from AndroidXP :
  1. Make sure to run vcredist_x86.exe before attempting to start. If not, the game will crash immediately once you try to configure the options or drive. Yeah :rolleyes:

Quote from AndroidXP :Have you done this?

Doesn't work (as in it doesn't install anything), probably due to Vista 64. I'm pretty sure I have all the Visual Studio redists installed anyway though.

EDIT: Furthermore, driving actually works. It's just the options that don't.
Quote from AndroidXP :

You can pretty much avoid most of the really bizzare stuff by not using brake and throttle at the same time. It seems the bike loses all laws of physics if you do

Hmm, wonder if it is possible to do stoppie wheelies with the rear wheel off the ground
Odd. Guess the all too well known quality shows through again.
Quote from Hyperactive :You can pretty much avoid most of the really bizzare stuff by not using brake and throttle at the same time. It seems the bike loses all laws of physics if you do

Hmm, wonder if it is possible to do stoppie wheelies with the rear wheel off the ground

Yeah, stoppies and wheelies work (somewhat). What seems to be completely missing is the effect of, you know, the bike rotating due to your tyres gripping the ground but the body wanting to move on. It kinda feels like being back in 90° auto recovery land back again.
Quote from wien :Doesn't work (as in it doesn't install anything), probably due to Vista 64. I'm pretty sure I have all the Visual Studio redists installed anyway though.

EDIT: Furthermore, driving actually works. It's just the options that don't.

same here, the visual studio files are installed, still i only get a crash when i want to drive or get in the options. all that on win xp.
Ah, and you probably also need the .NET Framework (version 2.0, I guess) installed, if you haven't already, that is.
There's no info on the site so would i be right to assume this is a stand alone demo, or does it need to be installed into the full NKpro game ?
Yeah, it's standalone.

Edit: Nope, can't get it to run. I've got .NET 2.0 and ran that exe mentioned above but, no joy.

Comes up with a bucket full of errors at every stage, even when i click the options tab, and the only option i can set is the controls, but even then i get an error when clicking ok

Yet another Kunos masterpiece.....
\/
Attached images
h4X.jpg
Yeah, rub it in, why dont'cha :grumpy:
Did you remove any previous .NET installations before applying that 2.0? Are you sure downloaded the right version of the .NET?

Do you see this item in Windows XP's unistall/install app menu?
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Quote from Hyperactive :Did you remove any previous .NET installations before applying that 2.0? Are you sure downloaded the right version of the .NET?

Do you see this item in Windows XP's unistall/install app menu?
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Yeah, my backup copy of .NET 2 was installed into a freshly installed WinXP after a recent format. Perhaps WinXP needs some auto updates so this bike thing can run properly ?

WinXP is on my other HD (using Linux atm) but i'll look into it tomorrow just to make sure everything is installed properly, can't be bothered right now

Wouldn't half mind having a blast round Spa though, looks fun. Have you tried any other tracks ? Nurbi for e.g ?
Quote from The Moose :Just extract http://www.wagenvoort.net/other/nkpro/FTarget_tyres_101.rar
to your nkpro folder and overwrite.

Here's Jaaps Prato setup http://www.wagenvoort.net/othe ... _Prato_Full_GP_1m22s4.nks

Done both of these just now, and spent ~20 minutes lapping Prato.

Why is the static ride height 75mm front and 107mm rear? As an F3 car it should run NO MORE than 20mm front, and maybe 50mm rear. Can you explain this MASSIVE discrepancy? My F3 car, which I know is old, is forced to run at 40mm minimum, and it's apparently worth 3 - 4 seconds per lap DISADVANTAGE.

Any idea what the units are in the pits? Springs up to 60? 60 what? Preload measured in what? etc.

I tried a sensible setup. Not much preload, but longer pushrods. Didn't want to use packers at first (they should only be used later to stop bottoming with a good setup), so I removed them. Even with 6mm preload (assuming preload is measured in mm, the stiffest springs (60), and pushrod lengths sufficient to give ~20/40mm rideheight it bottomed in the pitlane at 80kmh!!!!!!!!! With minimum wing!!!!!!!!!!

Also, what is with the steering going completely light if you turn a tiny fraction too much? Trust me - real life cars are NOT like that, and I don't care how much racing drivers Kunos has slept with - it is an undeniable fact.

I'm trying to find it's good points - people keep saying how good the FFB is, but on 100% and fully linear with 'recommended' setups it feels absolutely awful. Nearly as bad as non-realfeel rFactor...

Please help - you know the sim quite well, and as a beta tester I assume you will have some knowledge of units. Can you explain the rideheight bug (it's not a bug - more of a monster!)?
Kunos has been working REALLY hard on the 1.0.3 patch, so much so a new netbike video is on youtube which has a wireframe rider!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ajEj-mPh8QY

So much for the netKar Pro patch is coming........that man is full of crap.

He spend's all his time doing stuff other than the patch!
Hey hey, netBike is at least fun to mess around with :shhh:
Quote from mclarenmatt :Kunos has been working REALLY hard on the 1.0.3 patch, so much so a new netbike video is on youtube which has a wireframe rider!

Hee, hee. Love the one and only comment on the Youtube page.
Quote from wien :Hee, hee. Love the one and only comment on the Youtube page.

Sorry - two comments.
Quote from AndroidXP :Hey hey, netBike is at least fun to mess around with :shhh:

Shame netKar Pro isn't though, as lot's of people cannot run in properly because of lag etc!

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG