The online racing simulator

Poll : What should be done with Tweak?

Restrict the download to liscensed racers only
Release it to the public
Don't release Tweak
Quote from evans :Oh come on now. His argument was legit, so think about it for a minute here - would you buy S1 but not S2? Only a minority of racers would do that.

I'm sick and tired of one thing on this forum. And no, it's not the demo-users requesting stuff because they are in their right minds to do so. I don't care what they're asking for and I don't care that they're even asking, because I am not going to help them, but if somebody else wants to then that's perfectly fine with me.
They are allowed to request whatever they like, but they should not expect it - and that applies to everyone, not just demo-racers.

What I'm actually sick and tired of is people whining, whining and whining about demo-racers, constantly acting like "the big policeman" and constantly accusing demo-racers of cracking their S2 copies, and last but definitely not least: always talking down to the demo-racers in any way possible.

So the **** what if some guy named "strEetkiNg29_Lfs" has cracked his version of LFS? He's not going to use it online anyway, and it doesn't make YOU any less of a man (or woman). It does absolutely nothing to damage your LFS experience and you can be positive that Victor, Scawen and Eric are only "losing" a small fraction of money to these frauds.

The majority of people that crack LFS would never pay for the game anyway, so why do YOU bother? I'm not saying we should let everyone crack their game as they please, but I am saying we should let the right people care about it. It is a waste of time and energy on your part to actually care about these people, and by doing so you are the biggest "loser" in all of this.

I also want to clear another thing up here: Buying LFS does not make you a better person in any sense at all. So if you are one of the very few "lucky ones" in this world that is able to afford LFS S2, then that does not make you any better than a demo-racer. It just makes your life and online experience a whole lot more fun, so why don't you just enjoy that instead?
All people have their specific reasons for not buying LFS, and you should all respect them, no matter what.

So please, the next time you want to write anything negative to a demo-racer, ask yourself why you're doing it. Is it helping you, the community or anyone else in any way? Most likely not, which means it's only just a waste of your time.

And now for something completely different.. Yes, I would like to see Tweak released to the licensed users, because I believe that would be the best for the community, but in any way I would just like to see it released to the public. Demo-users or not, I really don't care.

And Bob, I think you should keep playing big hero for the community. Good work.

enought said.
Hi Bob! ^^ So, how's going with Your tweak?
Quote from mcintyrej :Lmfao? How? You just play the game, complaining that people don't make you things, when all of us S2 licensed racers have payed and are playing the game. If someone buys the game and invests their own money, that shows commitment, therefore loyalty. Someone leeching off the game for years because they cannot afford £24 even though they could have been saving for years!

Thats not loyal.

Thats an unfair statement.

The only reason I don't have S2 is because I can't pay for it online. (Soon to change hopefully :elefant

Edit : And btw, I voted to keep it to licensed racers only.
^ you can always send a moneyorder
Quote from evans :Oh come on now. His argument was legit, so think about it for a minute here - would you buy S1 but not S2? Only a minority of racers would do that.

I'm sick and tired of one thing on this forum. And no, it's not the demo-users requesting stuff because they are in their right minds to do so. I don't care what they're asking for and I don't care that they're even asking, because I am not going to help them, but if somebody else wants to then that's perfectly fine with me.
They are allowed to request whatever they like, but they should not expect it - and that applies to everyone, not just demo-racers.

What I'm actually sick and tired of is people whining, whining and whining about demo-racers, constantly acting like "the big policeman" and constantly accusing demo-racers of cracking their S2 copies, and last but definitely not least: always talking down to the demo-racers in any way possible.

So the **** what if some guy named "strEetkiNg29_Lfs" has cracked his version of LFS? He's not going to use it online anyway, and it doesn't make YOU any less of a man (or woman). It does absolutely nothing to damage your LFS experience and you can be positive that Victor, Scawen and Eric are only "losing" a small fraction of money to these frauds.

The majority of people that crack LFS would never pay for the game anyway, so why do YOU bother? I'm not saying we should let everyone crack their game as they please, but I am saying we should let the right people care about it. It is a waste of time and energy on your part to actually care about these people, and by doing so you are the biggest "loser" in all of this.

I also want to clear another thing up here: Buying LFS does not make you a better person in any sense at all. So if you are one of the very few "lucky ones" in this world that is able to afford LFS S2, then that does not make you any better than a demo-racer. It just makes your life and online experience a whole lot more fun, so why don't you just enjoy that instead?
All people have their specific reasons for not buying LFS, and you should all respect them, no matter what.

So please, the next time you want to write anything negative to a demo-racer, ask yourself why you're doing it. Is it helping you, the community or anyone else in any way? Most likely not, which means it's only just a waste of your time.

And now for something completely different.. Yes, I would like to see Tweak released to the licensed users, because I believe that would be the best for the community, but in any way I would just like to see it released to the public. Demo-users or not, I really don't care.

And Bob, I think you should keep playing big hero for the community. Good work.

+10

I can only agree, I think some people seek to wind demo racers up with their 'Hahaha you havent got an XRT' display pictures, wow arent they so clever, looking for a reaction from demo racers so they can have another whinge probrably :rolleyes:

Perhaps there should be no demo version of LFS at all, all a demo has done is create a 'class system' in which many S2 users beleive they have the rights to crap on the lower class all they like, yes those demo racers who are all loud and abusive and speak in 1337 SP3AK are annoying, but even the demo racers who post reasonable, friendly and well punctuated posts get the same cynical, negative reaction as if they had just spammed the forum!

As for LFS tweak, well I havent been in with LFS for long enough to expierience it, but I have been using LFS-tune and that was mighty fun, just for messing about offline, and ive seen youtube videos of what it can do. Plus a subforum could be set up for those who feel the need to gloat about how fast they can go on the backstraight, and its about time some kind of restricting code is put into LFS so that multiplayer game hosts can decide wether they want to allow tweak to run on their servers or not.

So yeah, release LFS tweak please

Joe

We were all Demo racers once, remember that
Just like I enjoy seeing upset demo players moaning, and just like I enjoy reading people moaning at the moaning demo players, I really enjoy people moaning at those moaning at those moaning demo players. I'm sure someone will enjoy reading this 'moan' about people moaning at those moaning at those moaning demo players.

Ad infinitum...

But demo players shouldn't have access to Tweak ever.
Quote from tristancliffe :Just like I enjoy seeing upset demo players moaning, and just like I enjoy reading people moaning at the moaning demo players, I really enjoy people moaning at those moaning at those moaning demo players. I'm sure someone will enjoy reading this 'moan' about people moaning at those moaning at those moaning demo players.

Ad infinitum...

But demo players shouldn't have access to Tweak ever.

To make it short, I enjoyed your post
Watching internet drama is fun, even more fun than in real life.
Demo noobs shold not have TWEAK all because XRT was taken from them they bitch and complain OH WHERES OUR XRT OMFG NO XRT NO PLZ NO GIVE US XRT that was done for a reason , soo LFS will be promoted to make more money , sooo tweak shall be released to S1/s2 racers case closed , and if any of you want to bitch and act like little kids cause of my post then go ahead just remember that it wount get the best car you demo noobs "HAD"

Kiyoshiro.
Quote from MOSTWANTEDM3 :Demo noobs shold not have TWEAK all because XRT was taken from them they bitch and complain OH WHERES OUR XRT OMFG NO XRT NO PLZ NO GIVE US XRT that was done for a reason , soo LFS will be promoted to make more money , sooo tweak shall be released to S1/s2 racers case closed , and if any of you want to bitch and act like little kids cause of my post then go ahead just remember that it wount get the best car you demo noobs "HAD"

Kiyoshiro.

thanks
that actually made me less proud of the "S2 licensed" under my name
you still had some pride left after being an op in #lfs for quite a while now?

off topic:
\o/ bob i wub you
How could I not be proud of that fact? It's awesome and so am I, dammit. You're just mad because you haven't had a modechange in years.
i say keep tweaks to licenced users. if its approved by mods - let the people use it.

for those who cant buy the game... get over it, go get a pirated copy of some crappy game that people can hack via open software
you pay for racing/driving on Licenced servers with security that cheaters will loose alot of money if they cheat.

people overreat alot IMO after reading this thread.... chill out ppl geese... you got a problem with this sim? go play Burnout or something...
some hoe gave me voice once so im good
Quote from hsshoura :i say keep tweaks to licenced users. if its approved by mods - let the people use it.

for those who cant buy the game... get over it, go get a pirated copy of some crappy game that people can hack via open software
you pay for racing/driving on Licenced servers with security that cheaters will loose alot of money if they cheat.

people overreat alot IMO after reading this thread.... chill out ppl geese... you got a problem with this sim? go play Burnout or something...

honestly? how can you compare LFS with Burnout? thats not right.. on the topic: let everyone who bought the game use tweak if thay want.. and let all demo users have the cars they have.. if they whine, let so be..
i didnt even play the demo i just bought the game, then relized how AWESOMELY AWESOME IT IS, then had to upgrade my computer so more money was spend , but my point is, if you like the game so much then why not buy S2, then you stop all this demo vs S2 war, but IMO why should someone who enjoys the game so much that he/she wont buy S2 have the same privalge's as people who have got S2, same thing for S1 user's. S2 USER'S SHOULD GET THE FULL BENIFIT OF ANYTHING THAT ANYONE HAS TO OFFER!!
Tweak/Mekanic were the only things that keept me playing the game at one stage. Most of the people online are a bunch of fags. Just like this forum. Like every demo racer is shunned upon. Everyone was a demo racer at one stage. Just get over it.

Lan play with your mates with tweak is awesome. Really nice taking a vette or skyline equiv down the 1/4.
LOL!

The best thing to happen to Tweak stuff so far is most definitely going to be Bob Smith's realistic carsets. One good way to compromise would be to have Bob Smith not release the Tweak to anyone, instead only release carsets. Or have someone take responsibility for making them at quality criteria of his arbitrary, e.g. as a monthly or bimonthly (or whatever) release of a certain class of cars, based on community polls and write-in votes/suggestions.
Gah, stop going on about it, I feel bad enough I have hardly any time to spend on it as it is. I need another 12 hours in the day so I can still go to work, do all the household chores, spend time with the womand and have some time left for a few hours personal coding. Sadly that isn't going to happen, and aside from getting sacked or becoming single, I can't see me having all the free time I had back when I started working on this. Oh, how I miss Uni life. So much more productive!
Then get the hell off the forums and start doing it, god damn you. Imagine daring to believe you had a life outside of work. Tsk, noob. Code now, bug fix later. Life = never. Get used to it

That's what you get for volunteering information early. I'd just have left it a secret until it was actually at release. Then there's no pressure
Take it easy Bob.. Just release it when it's ready. The only thing I'd watch out for is a looming sense that you'll entirely stop wanting to work on it. Then you'd have been right and it would have been a waste of time. Ah, rocks and hard places

But frankly, I'd finish all it needs to just work (e.g. just plug in values), and hand it over to one or a few people responsible enough to make carsets every now and then, and eventualy release it if that's what you want. It's definitely the only thing about LFS I look forward to besides what's already in LFS, and league races.
Personaly I think LFS really needs a few different cars (muscle-ish sportscar, NA engine in the TBO class, realistic exotic car, etc).
Okay demo-players I think that The "Real" Tweak should be only for S2 but demo can use it on single player that would be ggod
Quote from Bob Smith :Gah, stop going on about it, I feel bad enough I have hardly any time to spend on it as it is. I need another 12 hours in the day so I can still go to work, do all the household chores, spend time with the womand and have some time left for a few hours personal coding. Sadly that isn't going to happen, and aside from getting sacked or becoming single, I can't see me having all the free time I had back when I started working on this. Oh, how I miss Uni life. So much more productive!

Hi Bob, sry for being annoying . One question: Will You EVER release the Tweak? Like in 3-4 months?
I do want to get a release out at some point. Although I said I'd start working on it again, I found a small list of bugs and other problems that somewhat urgently needed fixing in VHPA, so I've been clearing that list. That should be released by the end of this week.

In more positive news, I've been contacted by the guy who can help me finish the last feature I was workin on, so if he gets back to me with the info I need, that will save me having to do any tedious reverse engineering, meaning it should only take, say, a weeks worth of evenings to finish the program for X10, then another weeks worth to update to Y. Of course, you never know what setbacks you are going to have along the way but I'd be quite happy if I could make my first release in about a months time. But we'll see.
Quote from Bob Smith :TEXT

Sounds wery nice
VHPA is a very wonderful program, but i haven`t had time to learn the program so well.

Keep up the good work Bob

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG