The online racing simulator

Poll : What should be done with Tweak?

Restrict the download to liscensed racers only
Release it to the public
Don't release Tweak
Quote from hiroshima guy :Dethred you dudes just don't know why I didn't buy. I could have bought it IF I HAVE A CREDIT CARD!!!!!!!!! MY PARENTS AND RELATIVES ALL DONT HAVE CREDIT CARD DUMBO! If I had I will buy extra license for me friend as Christmas present! And that's not a nice way to insult demo racers by saying anyone of us is a cracker. I'm not. But I think you are on crack, ask the local deputy sheriff to arrest you ready for jail mate

Credit card isn't the only one way to buy S2 you know? Heard of money transfer?
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Credit card isn't the only one way to buy S2 you know? Heard of money transfer?

Yep but, one thing... No permission from my parents! They won't even be thinking of the Internet, what they think is Internet is insecure, lots of scams and so on...Plus my dad isn't keen on sending money order to other countries without being acknowledgable about LFS.
Then please stop that: "oh noo, i hope sumbody will be generous enough to make some free stuff for demo users, oh noo" story....
Quote from hiroshima guy :Yep but, one thing... No permission from my parents! They won't even be thinking of the Internet, what they think is Internet is insecure, lots of scams and so on...Plus my dad isn't keen on sending money order to other countries without being acknowledgable about LFS.

Cmoooon! It smells so much bullshit so I can smell it all the way up to the arctic circle.
It's a mixed bag for me. I want to bring extra cars for LFS but I only want it to be used realistically. People just adding extra power and AWD isn't really fun. It takes a fair bit of time to get a car accurate and handling well (since you need to create a new base setup for it). Hence a program that lets you drive alternative but pre-made vehicles is the way forward (plus it opens up online racing). I see that as the way forward. A thousand crappy cars that nobody but the creators use doesn't bring more variety in online racing to LFS.
I agree with Bob, these "moderated mods", or how should we call them, are IMHO the best solution.
Quote from Kurisuchianu :Cmoooon! It smells so much bullshit so I can smell it all the way up to the arctic circle.

Nah, I don't know really. I had that same problem when I wasn't 18 yet. I didn't have card, I didn't have rights to use my bank account by myself and my parents would never pay anything in internet to other countries. But when I turned 18 I got my rights and bought S2... But for me that's one of the very rare things on the internet what I trust enough to buy something. Exactly only foreign one where I have put my money.

But this is offtopic, sry.
Quote from cardriverx :And, who the hell would vote for no tweak?

Click on the numbers and you get a list of people who voted for each option.
Voted for licensed users only ofcourse
Quote from zeugnimod :Click on the numbers and you get a list of people who voted for each option.

bob smith voted to not release tweak??!! so does this mean this whole thread is a waste of time... its never gonna go ahead
I see what you mean, Bob, and I'm all for realistic tweak usage too...
Using premade cars for online racing would be great and would practically add 'new' cars to LFS.

However, I also hope that you won't leave out the possibility for users to tweak/modify cars like in past tweak versions. Ok, this is mainly useful offline (although can be used in private organized races too while using identical presets), but the point is that there are hundreds of cars that people would want to recreate (or at least try). Not all just increase power and add awd - many take it seriously and get great enjoyment from LFS by just driving their correctly 'tweaked' rl cars with researched specs and accurate setup parameters...

The second aspect here is tuning - and I mean realistic tuning/upgrading of a car. Say I have a preset of rl car in tweak and want to try various modifying possibilities for that rl car in LFS: I want to see and feel what wider than stock tyres, less weight or bigger boost pressure in turbo would change in car's handling and performance. So by having great physics engine, LFS can be used as quite accurate car modifying simulator - if not to benefit your rl car projects, then just out of pure automotive curiosity and enthusiasm.

That said, there always will be whiners, crackers, demo'ers, noobs, kids and so on. But that isn't a reason to ditch something that is good when used properly...
Don't really care tbh, only way I can think of to use tweak would be what Bob Smith said...
#63 - JTbo
Give it only to Niels, me and Bob and you will see only realistic mods
I'm a realism-freak. I'm still using tweak V to race a ford focus wrc based on the xf gti. Not all of us crave for 10.000hp on a 600kg car :P
Well since demo-ers aren't gonna get it, we might as well stay out of this thread? Makes things worse for discussion when we're here to squabble

P.S. By coincidence this is my 400th post which is of not much significance
Wow, I've been playing LFS for YEARS, and I must've COMPLETELY missed the Tweak boat. I know everyone's busy arguing, but could someone toss me a short explanation of what it does, and why everyone's up in arms over it all of a sudden?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Wow, I've been playing LFS for YEARS, and I must've COMPLETELY missed the Tweak boat. I know everyone's busy arguing, but could someone toss me a short explanation of what it does, and why everyone's up in arms over it all of a sudden?

With LFS Tweak you can edit the engine and basic chassis of each of the demo cars. i.e you get chavs saying yay! 1000bhp XFG yay!
Drag strip yay! e.t.c.

Bob said he was making an LFS Tweak for patch Y [me wants this for new league I have in mind ]. All the tweaks have been deleted off the forums, I think because they want the tweaks to be mod-agreed.
Forgot tweak it dosent go to be relased....RIP TWEAK....
i hope tweak doesnt go away cuz sometimes i just dont want to play online. i go and rip around with a 800-900hp xrt and have fun just driving like real life car. easy on the gas and then work into it. i love tweak and i hope it will come soon. but for now some of us have lfs tune and lfs tweal for patch y witch are lucky ppl.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Yep but, one thing... No permission from my parents! They won't even be thinking of the Internet, what they think is Internet is insecure, lots of scams and so on...Plus my dad isn't keen on sending money order to other countries without being acknowledgable about LFS.

Bank money transfer:

You fill out the form on the site, then print the payment number code and other stuff, go with money and that paper with info and pay it in the bank... Thats how it works with Skype. Dunno about LFS tho...
I wan't Scavier to make tweak obsolete by putting it into the game.
When you tweak a car it get a homoglated new name based on power to weight (or power to weight to tyre size or whatever) TW0 to TW9.
You can play online all you like with likeminded idividuals, trying to see who can build the best drag car in the TW3 class or whatever.

Cars could be tweaked using a free form ui (almost full control like tweak has) or a separate setup page with sane limitations.

This would obviously not be a Demo feateure (more likely to require a S3 license)
interesting idea, heson, but I doubt that they would put this into lfs. I'd like to see it but changing anything other than the setup on the cars in LFS will be a long shot.

Atleast if this happened we know it'd be done right.
I am new with this tool. But is it ok to use it at your own server - trying Drag Strip and later delete PB-s ?
Meh, reading the whole thread before voting could help sometimes...
The first option - making tweak available for everybody - is a definite no for me. Demo players already have one of the greatest demos ever made in the history of games, it's almost a full game with unlimited playing time. If you want to have new content as a demo racer think about buying the game first, that's a lot of new content for you. And every single demo racer on this forums who wanted to get S1/S2 managed to get it, so the argument "but my dad won't let me" and similar ones won't work. If you can be adult in such matters you usually can get what you want. This is mainly directed at a certain demo racer in this thread.
I can see the point of prohibiting a release too, but in my opinion it would be better to have one "proper" tweak application, with license check and cheat protection (see hotlaps) instead of having fishy releases somewhere scattered over the internet.
The "moderated mods" aren't exactly what I would want too, since it's in my nature to rather create stuff from scratch instead of having a pre-made solution. On the other hand you wouldn't get tons of lousy tweak presets then.

Guess I'll stick to my vote (release to licensed racers) after all
Sorry for my ambiguity in the poll options, but what i meant for the option to release it to the public, it would of course have liscense restrictions and anti-cheat protection in the program itself. Demo users would be able to download it, instead of having the download put in a section where only liscensed racers can enter.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG