The online racing simulator

Poll : What should be done with Tweak?

Restrict the download to liscensed racers only
Release it to the public
Don't release Tweak
I won't argue anymore. Everybody have different point of view and everybody have reasons of doing or not doing something.
Happy new year!

p.p. And yes i meet people in the servers but it is not the same.
Quote from wolfshark :...I also don't understand another thing - why do you (all) hate demo users

all(some) hate all(some) demo guys because of people like you and these exact posts. You are dissatisfied with what you're getting for free and you want even more now.
That's how I feel anyway
Quote from wolfshark :I won't argue anymore. Everybody have different point of view and everybody have reasons of doing or not doing something.
Happy new year!

p.p. And yes i meet people in the servers but it is not the same.

if you are so poor that you can't afford to pay for LFS, maybe you should be doing other things like working or going to school, rather than playing games.
Quote from Gabkicks :if you are so poor that you can't afford to pay for LFS, maybe you should be doing other things like working or going to school, rather than playing games.

D@mn everybody is getting me so wrong... I am an excelent student and i can buy S1. I also can buy S2 but i find it expensive. I can buy a 42" plasma if i really want it. It is nice and big but expensive, so i won't buy it and i will stay with my 21" crt.

Quote :You are dissatisfied with what you're getting for free and you want even more now.

I am satisfied with what i am getting for free.

I won't write anymore in this thread.
Peace!
( and don't hate me )
Quote from wolfshark :D@mn everybody is getting me so wrong... I am an excelent student and i can buy S1. I also can buy S2 but i find it expensive. I can buy a 42" plasma if i really want it. It is nice and big but expensive, so i won't buy it and i will stay with my 21" crt.

I am satisfied with what i am getting for free.

I won't write anymore in this thread.
Peace!
( and don't hate me )

IF you find S2 expensive then buy S1. You said you can afford it.
Quote from okijuhans :IF you find S2 expensive then buy S1. You said you can afford it.

Indeed, paying from something is not just buying the product, but also voting that "this is good, I like to support this, keep up the good work"
I think you spend your money to Need For Speed games
Will it be possible to Tweak all cars in LFS when the program is finished? I havent seen the answer to that anywhere.
Propably yes, demo cars will be fully editable, other will be edited in a similar way like in mechanic ... or maybe i'm wrong?
Quote from okijuhans :IF you find S2 expensive then buy S1. You said you can afford it.

Oh come on now. His argument was legit, so think about it for a minute here - would you buy S1 but not S2? Only a minority of racers would do that.

I'm sick and tired of one thing on this forum. And no, it's not the demo-users requesting stuff because they are in their right minds to do so. I don't care what they're asking for and I don't care that they're even asking, because I am not going to help them, but if somebody else wants to then that's perfectly fine with me.
They are allowed to request whatever they like, but they should not expect it - and that applies to everyone, not just demo-racers.

What I'm actually sick and tired of is people whining, whining and whining about demo-racers, constantly acting like "the big policeman" and constantly accusing demo-racers of cracking their S2 copies, and last but definitely not least: always talking down to the demo-racers in any way possible.

So the **** what if some guy named "strEetkiNg29_Lfs" has cracked his version of LFS? He's not going to use it online anyway, and it doesn't make YOU any less of a man (or woman). It does absolutely nothing to damage your LFS experience and you can be positive that Victor, Scawen and Eric are only "losing" a small fraction of money to these frauds.

The majority of people that crack LFS would never pay for the game anyway, so why do YOU bother? I'm not saying we should let everyone crack their game as they please, but I am saying we should let the right people care about it. It is a waste of time and energy on your part to actually care about these people, and by doing so you are the biggest "loser" in all of this.

I also want to clear another thing up here: Buying LFS does not make you a better person in any sense at all. So if you are one of the very few "lucky ones" in this world that is able to afford LFS S2, then that does not make you any better than a demo-racer. It just makes your life and online experience a whole lot more fun, so why don't you just enjoy that instead?
All people have their specific reasons for not buying LFS, and you should all respect them, no matter what.

So please, the next time you want to write anything negative to a demo-racer, ask yourself why you're doing it. Is it helping you, the community or anyone else in any way? Most likely not, which means it's only just a waste of your time.

And now for something completely different.. Yes, I would like to see Tweak released to the licensed users, because I believe that would be the best for the community, but in any way I would just like to see it released to the public. Demo-users or not, I really don't care.

And Bob, I think you should keep playing big hero for the community. Good work.
Agree with Evans!
Quote from evans :Oh come on now. His argument was legit, so think about it for a minute here - would you buy S1 but not S2? Only a minority of racers would do that.

I'm sick and tired of one thing on this forum. And no, it's not the demo-users requesting stuff because they are in their right minds to do so. I don't care what they're asking for and I don't care that they're even asking, because I am not going to help them, but if somebody else wants to then that's perfectly fine with me.
They are allowed to request whatever they like, but they should not expect it - and that applies to everyone, not just demo-racers.

What I'm actually sick and tired of is people whining, whining and whining about demo-racers, constantly acting like "the big policeman" and constantly accusing demo-racers of cracking their S2 copies, and last but definitely not least: always talking down to the demo-racers in any way possible.

So the **** what if some guy named "strEetkiNg29_Lfs" has cracked his version of LFS? He's not going to use it online anyway, and it doesn't make YOU any less of a man (or woman). It does absolutely nothing to damage your LFS experience and you can be positive that Victor, Scawen and Eric are only "losing" a small fraction of money to these frauds.

The majority of people that crack LFS would never pay for the game anyway, so why do YOU bother? I'm not saying we should let everyone crack their game as they please, but I am saying we should let the right people care about it. It is a waste of time and energy on your part to actually care about these people, and by doing so you are the biggest "loser" in all of this.

I also want to clear another thing up here: Buying LFS does not make you a better person in any sense at all. So if you are one of the very few "lucky ones" in this world that is able to afford LFS S2, then that does not make you any better than a demo-racer. It just makes your life and online experience a whole lot more fun, so why don't you just enjoy that instead?
All people have their specific reasons for not buying LFS, and you should all respect them, no matter what.

So please, the next time you want to write anything negative to a demo-racer, ask yourself why you're doing it. Is it helping you, the community or anyone else in any way? Most likely not, which means it's only just a waste of your time.

And now for something completely different.. Yes, I would like to see Tweak released to the licensed users, because I believe that would be the best for the community, but in any way I would just like to see it released to the public. Demo-users or not, I really don't care.

And Bob, I think you should keep playing big hero for the community. Good work.

completly agree with most of what you have said above. I will admit this here that after i first downloaded lfs i did crack it, I had the crack on the game for less then a week before i purchased the game. I have a habbit of doing that all the time, I will download something, crack it and if i like it and im going to keep using it I WILL pay for the game. LFS was just one of those games that I thought deserved my money, I work hard for every penny that I make and I am sure not going to pay for something that is half a$$ed done.

As for the demo racers, who cares if someone helps them, they are already limited to a small fraction of what lfs is all about, and i think people should help them out when they can, being a dick and saying that your not going to help someone out does not say alot about you. I can see the point were they should pay before they receive anything further then what they already have but cut them a break.

I think being helpful to people would intise them more and more to want to buy the game then anythign else, because if you really think about it its not that hard to crack the game, the only thing you cant do is play online.....

my 2 cents.....
Quote from beefy696969 :completly agree with most of what you have said above. I will admit this here that after i first downloaded lfs i did crack it, I had the crack on the game for less then a week before i purchased the game. I have a habbit of doing that all the time, I will download something, crack it and if i like it and im going to keep using it I WILL pay for the game. LFS was just one of those games that I thought deserved my money, I work hard for every penny that I make and I am sure not going to pay for something that is half a$$ed done.

As for the demo racers, who cares if someone helps them, they are already limited to a small fraction of what lfs is all about, and i think people should help them out when they can, being a dick and saying that your not going to help someone out does not say alot about you. I can see the point were they should pay before they receive anything further then what they already have but cut them a break.

I think being helpful to people would intise them more and more to want to buy the game then anythign else, because if you really think about it its not that hard to crack the game, the only thing you cant do is play online.....

my 2 cents.....

For me it's not really about being a "dick" and saying to myself that "I wont help these people". It's the simple fact that I won't do other peoples jobs for free. The requests I was talking about in my post were people requesting others to make a specific skin, sound or whatever. It's not that I wont help them, but I just don't feel like creating those skins, sounds etc. since it's not part of my agenda and thus will be a waste of my time.
Do I care if anybody else makes them? No. If somebody wants to then he or she should go right ahead. A drifter, for instance, might be interested in helping out a fellow (demo-)drifter with creating a skin because it might be in his or her interest as well to use this skin.

You're absolutely right that a good community is a strong incentive for people to buy the game, and I think we have that already, but the strongest incentive is still the online experience that an unlocked version of LFS S2 will provide. People who crack their game cannot get this experience without paying. If they do chose to pay in the future like you did then that's great.
It's the same with demo-racers. If they're satisfied with the three cars they get in the demo then that's fine - they don't need the extra tracks and cars.
Quote: Originally Posted by bob smith
"All I can say is that I do intend to update my program for patch Y as soon as I get VHPA v3.1 out of the door, so release should follow shortly after that."
^^^--it's out guys hehe

Quote from psy00 :Quote: Originally Posted by bob smith
"All I can say is that I do intend to update my program for patch Y as soon as I get VHPA v3.1 out of the door, so release should follow shortly after that."
^^^--it's out guys hehe

OMG I'm getting hor... ehm... excited
#116 - Woz
Quote from wolfshark :Ok, you may be right but i still don't understand why LFSTweak should be available only to licensed racers. Yes i was able to set aside some money, but i am sure that my friends won't buy it, and it isn't fun without friends. So i play the demo with them and 32 BGL are not problem for me but i don't see the point to buy it since i'll play alone. (Don't get me wrong i really like the game i even translated it to bulgarian)

I also don't understand another thing - why do you (all) hate demo users

This thing is that the old can't afford excuse comes up again and again. Trouble is that to actually play LFS requires you to have a PC capable of running it in the first place.

This is why excuses like can't afford are so pointless. If you are not old enough to work in a real job you could earn the money in no time cutting a few lawns or washing cars for neighbors etc.

If you are old enough to work then the can't afford becomes an even worse excuse. You could spend far more on a Friday night out and have nothing to show for it after.

Thats why there is always the negativity to demo users that come in with "Want want want" type posts. You will notice that demo users asking for advise and help are always helped etc.
Quote from Bob Smith :
All I can say is that I do intend to update my program for patch Y as soon as I get VHPA v3.1 out of the door, so release should follow shortly after that.

Well, I know that for some it might annoying, but... still most of LFS users are propably rather curious when it will be released? Is there any chance that we will see "almighty" tweak in this month or maybe You are still working on minor bugs in VHPA(or maybe a nice brake? )? :detective
My attention will be turned back to my mod starting tomorrow. I've been tidying some VHPA things up the rest of the week and making some extra downloadable cars. And getting drunk with friends. Even super-sad people like me need to be social now and then.
Quote from Bob Smith :My attention will be turned back to my mod starting tomorrow. I've been tidying some VHPA things up the rest of the week and making some extra downloadable cars. And getting drunk with friends. Even super-sad people like me need to be social now and then.

That sounds so nice I hope it will be out within a month.
Quote from Bob Smith :Even super-sad people like me need to be social now and then.

I know how you feel, getting drunk is the only way out

Will your übertweak have editable vertices too (see mclaren f1 or bus mod), or just the data?
Applications that edit the 3D models are not to be released, the is the wishes of the devs, so I have not even tried to edit that data. Although it would be really nice if I could, even with all the options my app has, it is really hacky compared to whatever editor the devs must make the cars with in the first place. I'd love to create a proper GUI for creating the suspension, atm you have to move vertices coordinates by hand then check in LFS for the affect, which is really tedious. I don't know how much time I'm going to have to put into the mod, I'd much rather get on with VHPA tbh, as that has the potential to sell some commercial licences and earn me some cash.

The main reason I want to get the mod done and released is that I spent so much time working on it last summer/autumn that it just seems really wastedful if only myself and a few people I know have got around to using it.
Little late, but
Quote from wolfshark :D@mn everybody is getting me so wrong...

Gee, I wonder how that's possible?

Quote from wolfshark :"Restrict the download to liscensed racers only"
That isn't fair! I am demo user since the first release of S1 and i absolutely love this game, but i can't afford it.

Quote from wolfshark :
I am an excelent student and i can buy S1. I also can buy S2 but i find it expensive. I can buy a 42" plasma if i really want it.

Please don't call restricting it to licensed users unfair if you aren't being fair. You simply choose not to buy LFS, which is fine by me, but do not complain about not having all the benefits that come with being licensed. And certainly don't use things like your nationality as some sort of plea for pity, it's lame.

Please?
Quote from MillerM :Where's that from?

In our distant dreams :spin:

I made it, just for fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG