The online racing simulator

Poll : What should be done with Tweak?

Restrict the download to liscensed racers only
Release it to the public
Don't release Tweak
Wouldnt it be pretty easy to bind the Tweak program itself to your LFS license? Somewhat like you have to unlock LFS itself.. and only to be used in single player or LAN mode only. This would take away the possibility to use it in hotlaps or online to get better PB's.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not but i think it could work..
#77 - Rob
Quote from Bob Smith :It's a mixed bag for me. I want to bring extra cars for LFS but I only want it to be used realistically. People just adding extra power and AWD isn't really fun. It takes a fair bit of time to get a car accurate and handling well (since you need to create a new base setup for it). Hence a program that lets you drive alternative but pre-made vehicles is the way forward (plus it opens up online racing). I see that as the way forward. A thousand crappy cars that nobody but the creators use doesn't bring more variety in online racing to LFS.

Whilst I can see some sense in what you're saying, this seems like a backwards step in regards to tweak's functionality. It would be removing a huge amount of the variety from what is currently an almost limitless program.

No disrespect to you Bob, but we've all seen how busy you are and also how long it takes to program an up to scratch version of tweak. Adding in presets would take even longer and would put the ball in your court for creating these cars and future presets.

I get a huge amount of satisfaction from modelling cars I've driven in real life, as well as cars I've seen or read about in magazines such as Evo. In this month's magazine they looked at the best cult cars from the past 20-15 years. Having read the article I was able to load up tweak and lfs v and model a basic Maserati Shamal and alpine a610.

What I'm getting at is that I doubt you'd be releasing a version of every car out there and so we'd be stuck with a few preset Enzos and Gallardos to please the masses.

I do hope that an unrestricted version of tweak is released for registered users, whilst LFS is predominantly an online racer there is a huge amount of fun to be had from playing the single player game, especially when you add tweak into the mix.

Rob.
Just couldn't agree more, Rob
#79 - Byku
I agree with Rob, i just simply love to "make" cars(i've made over 50 of them ).
I do agree with Rob too, but there is a place for both apps. The fixed car-swap apps, usable offline and online, and the creation utility. I want to come up with a good way of allowing the creation of preset packs that will swap the three demo cars over (the way I'm doing it atm is a bit cumbersome). Also when LFSTweak lets you edit ~20 values (some of which may not have clear purposes), it is possible with a little time to get familiar with it. When you have a program that can edit well over 400 values, things get a little trickier. Quick and easy to use it ain't. Essentially, by releasing a preset version first, I set the standard expected of custom cars, so once the tools are released, most people won't bother releasing 5 minute jobs.

I could go down the route of only giving the editor to people I'd think were going to make good use of it, but frankly I don't fancy getting 300 PMs from different people and then have to come up with a way to decide. Whatever way I go ahead, I want to keep some degree of professionalism to it. I'll think of it more once the first static version is out. I'm sure it will keep people amused while we discuss the way forward here.
Can someone answer my question ? (It is 5-6 posts above).
There is no problem using it online if you want, there is no need to remove your PBs either, unless you want to. So long as you don't use it to try and cheat the hotlap system, there is nothing to worry about.
Thank you for your answer. I rather delete them after.
Quote from Bob Smith :There is no problem using it online if you want, there is no need to remove your PBs either, unless you want to. So long as you don't use it to try and cheat the hotlap system, there is nothing to worry about.

Yay, then I can keep some of my PB-s which are better than WR-s, such as BF1@KY1 about 23 second time.
haha u finally got to 23 seconds lol. tires keep blowin and suspension keeps breaking. i will have server up all day today with bf1 and general power 1 and torque 2 and rest the same. lata

i hope when tweak is released bob that every car is available to us s2 license users. it would be the greatest day in lfs so far for me and proly a lot of others to. keep up the good work and have fun doing it. ill be waiting and running server with it right away
Bah, this is getting too silly.
Quote from Bob Smith :When you have a program that can edit well over 400 values, things get a little trickier. Quick and easy to use it ain't.

perfect!
#88 - Byku
Quote from Bob Smith :When you have a program that can edit well over 400 values, things get a little trickier.

Holy ****! O.O Dream come true , doing perfect copies of real cars is closer than ever .
Quote from Byku :Holy ****! O.O Dream come true , doing perfect copies of real cars is closer than ever .

And my league idea is closer than ever.........
#90 - ciph
Quote from Bob Smith :I do agree with Rob too, but there is a place for both apps. The fixed car-swap apps, usable offline and online, and the creation utility. I want to come up with a good way of allowing the creation of preset packs that will swap the three demo cars over (the way I'm doing it atm is a bit cumbersome). Also when LFSTweak lets you edit ~20 values (some of which may not have clear purposes), it is possible with a little time to get familiar with it. When you have a program that can edit well over 400 values, things get a little trickier. Quick and easy to use it ain't. Essentially, by releasing a preset version first, I set the standard expected of custom cars, so once the tools are released, most people won't bother releasing 5 minute jobs.

I could go down the route of only giving the editor to people I'd think were going to make good use of it, but frankly I don't fancy getting 300 PMs from different people and then have to come up with a way to decide. Whatever way I go ahead, I want to keep some degree of professionalism to it. I'll think of it more once the first static version is out. I'm sure it will keep people amused while we discuss the way forward here.

Maybe it is possible to get over 400 values but whats the point? By perfecting all possible values you are going to nowhere . And could you please stop playing the big hero in this forum? I dont know how you became an Moderator but i dont care to be honest, must be someones fault. Show something or keep quiet, Thanks?
Quote from Bob Smith :I do agree with Rob too, but there is a place for both apps. The fixed car-swap apps, usable offline and online, and the creation utility. I want to come up with a good way of allowing the creation of preset packs that will swap the three demo cars over (the way I'm doing it atm is a bit cumbersome). Also when LFSTweak lets you edit ~20 values (some of which may not have clear purposes), it is possible with a little time to get familiar with it. When you have a program that can edit well over 400 values, things get a little trickier. Quick and easy to use it ain't. Essentially, by releasing a preset version first, I set the standard expected of custom cars, so once the tools are released, most people won't bother releasing 5 minute jobs.

I think your idea is good but...

We just want to have the old tweak back. I think we'd all be happy with just being able to make our own cars. Obviously about 3/4ths of the people that have voted want a tweak in any fashion possible. Whether its a 5 minute crap tweak program or otherwise I want something to take some of the monotony out of single player.

Again, I can't play online because there is too much lag and every server at 0300GMT is unpopulated or a drift session.

I like that you hope to set the bar high, but while doing so at least let those of us with S2 licenses have something to play around with. Just with the basic tweaks from a year ago I could get a couple dozen cars to pull realistic figures around different tracks, and drag racing. I don't need 90% realism over 70% realism if it means waiting for 3-4 months. I am actually using a 5-minute quick Tweak and its better than nothing.
Quote from ciph :Maybe it is possible to get over 400 values but whats the point? By perfecting all possible values you are going to nowhere .

On the contrary, I find only now is it possible to truly recreate real cars.

Quote from ciph :And could you please stop playing the big hero in this forum? I dont know how you became an Moderator but i dont care to be honest, must be someones fault. Show something or keep quiet, Thanks?

I don't see how this discussion means I shouldn't be a moderator. That aside, there have been a few sneaky previews about a few months ago when I made the program, just real life got in the way and I haven't had time to make the final few changes and release. I stopped releasing previews when I realised I didn't have time to release so soon. I wouldn't be talking about it so often if it weren't for the explosion of tweak related threads all of a sudden, and programs being posted without working licence protection. All I can say is that I do intend to update my program for patch Y as soon as I get VHPA v3.1 out of the door, so release should follow shortly after that.
"Restrict the download to liscensed racers only"
That isn't fair! I am demo user since the first release of S1 and i absolutely love this game, but i can't afford it. It is too expensive for bulgarian's stardandts £ 24 = 64 BGL (BGN) And most likely i will stay demo user 4 ever LFSTweak is the only way to add a bit more fun to the demo and i hope that i will test it.
#94 - joen
Quote from wolfshark :"Restrict the download to liscensed racers only"
That isn't fair! I am demo user since the first release of S1 and i absolutely love this game, but i can't afford it. It is too expensive for bulgarian's stardandts £ 24 = 64 BGL (BGN) And most likely i will stay demo user 4 ever LFSTweak is the only way to add a bit more fun to the demo and i hope that i will test it.

So because you say you can't afford it makes it unfair?
I want a Ferrari but I can't afford it. That's not fair!
It may be unfortunate for you, unfair it is not.
In let's say 4 years you haven't been able to set aside some money for at least an S1 license? Yet you seem to have a PC and an internet connection?
Please, this I can't afford it crap is getting old.
#95 - JTbo
Quote from wolfshark :"Restrict the download to liscensed racers only"

That is how life is, not fair at all sometimes

How about 32 BGL (BGN)? That is price for S1
Quote from JTbo :That is how life is, not fair at all sometimes

How about 32 BGL (BGN)? That is price for S1

All you need is S1.
Quote from joen :So because you say you can't afford it makes it unfair?
I want a Ferrari but I can't afford it. That's not fair!
It may be unfortunate for you, unfair it is not.
In let's say 4 years you haven't been able to set aside some money for at least an S1 license? Yet you seem to have a PC and an internet connection?
Please, this I can't afford it crap is getting old.

Ok, you may be right but i still don't understand why LFSTweak should be available only to licensed racers. Yes i was able to set aside some money, but i am sure that my friends won't buy it, and it isn't fun without friends. So i play the demo with them and 32 BGL are not problem for me but i don't see the point to buy it since i'll play alone. (Don't get me wrong i really like the game i even translated it to bulgarian)

I also don't understand another thing - why do you (all) hate demo users
Quote from wolfshark :Ok, you may be right but i still don't understand why LFSTweak should be available only to licensed racers. Yes i was able to set aside some money, but i am sure that my friends won't buy it, and it isn't fun without friends. So i play the demo with them and 32 BGL are not problem for me but i don't see the point to buy it since i'll play alone. (Don't get me wrong i really like the game i even translated it to bulgarian)

Would you spend years making a game and then give it to everyone for free?
Quote from Rednik :Would you spend years making a game and then give it to everyone for free?

Of course not. I didn't said anything like that!
Quote from wolfshark :Ok, you may be right but i still don't understand why LFSTweak should be available only to licensed racers. Yes i was able to set aside some money, but i am sure that my friends won't buy it, and it is'nt fun without friends. So i play the demo with them and 32 BGL are not problem for me.

So don't use your nationality or "not able to afford it" as an excuse when it is clearly not the reason for you not to buy it.
Ever thought about the possibilities of meeting people on the servers?

Quote :

Argh!! does setting someone straight who happens to be a demo racer mean I or anyone hate demo racers? I don't hate demo users. I don't hate anyone for that matter. I just dislike people who whine or play the victim, whether that person is a demo player, an S2 user or the pope. You can't seem to as less as criticize a demoracer around here or you're being accused of being a demoracer hater. Stop playing the victim and seeing everything as either black or white! (not directed specifically at you)

For the sake of the community- Should ANY version of Tweak be released?
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG