The online racing simulator
What a joke. Instead of getting that friggin 1.03 patch out - which should've been out a year ago - he yet again changes his mind and starts doing ANOTHER car.

But wait, you might say an additional car is good... wrong! It will just mean you'll have to wait another year till he is "finished", then he'll change his mind again and implement yet another car (or bike, or plane, or maybe a jetski) with the public still waiting for 1.03, if anyone still bothers to wait for it at that point.

If he had at least chosen to get a proper, normal tintop car into the sim, even if it would've been a fictional one... but nooo, of all cars there are it has to be another single seater and to top it off it's a practically unraceable F1 car. I mean, the real F1 barely manages to be interesting with top skilled racedrivers behind it, oh surely this will work out greatly in a sim. We have 50000+ S2 licensed racers and out of these we'd maybe get one or if we're lucky two full grids with racers that are as consistent and competitive as real F1 drivers - if you fill two F1 grids with nKP drivers, you've used up half their active community (an optimistic guess). Bah, why do I even bother...

Seriously, WTF?
I can't belive i actually wasted my money on this sim! :/

It has so much potential, yet i seriously doubt this will be alive for much longer. Kunos has lost the plot i think, all we need first is the 1.0.3 patch!!!!

Bring back the realistic tyre's (Eg flatspotting!), fix the bug's etc and then build upon that!

Finish the Hillclimb/Osella, THEN think about adding new feature's, track's, car's etc!

I have all but given up on NKP, i spend all my time on LFS, rFactor and Grand Prix Legend's :P

What a shame.
Quote from mclarenmatt :I have all but given up on NKP, i spend all my time on LFS.....

Yup, me too, and I'm one of nKpro's biggest supporters.

I'll take part in the next season of GPC just to get my fix, but apart from that i wont bother firing it up.
A shocking waste of the best hardcore sim I've ever driven
Was it 1.0.2 patch that made one of more powerful cars almost impossible to spin? Well anyway that is then not possible to drive even offline and I think it was one of cars many would enjoy. Online play is non existing at the moment too.

Maybe he has some ADHD and he forgets to take his pills, I can't understand how else he could not finish simple patch that would fix these few problems in nkP, of course it is pretty much too late now as nobody won't be interested anymore.

I guess we don't see tintops any time soon
It is just sad. Nkpro had awful start and it still managed to make it downhill after that.

And I bought nkpro for tintops . Best joke evah!!!
Quote from JTbo : I guess we don't see tintops any time soon

There's more chance of 1.0.3 patch coming out in the next 20 year's than Kuno's creating some tintop's!

I actually prefer Single Seater's BUT at the same time i enjoy racing tintop's too, so it would be nice to get some!

Still, Kunos & BRD seem to be Single Seater freak's :P
Quote from mclarenmatt :There's more chance of 1.0.3 patch coming out in the next 20 year's than Kuno's creating some tintop's!

I actually prefer Single Seater's BUT at the same time i enjoy racing tintop's too, so it would be nice to get some!

Still, Kunos & BRD seem to be Single Seater freak's :P

There was addon creation kit promised when nkp was released and by that it should have been possible to create tintops too, but we won't see that.
Quote from AndroidXP :But wait, you might say an additional car is good... wrong! It will just mean you'll have to wait another year till he is "finished", then he'll change his mind again and implement yet another car (or bike, or plane, or maybe a jetski) with the public still waiting for 1.03, if anyone still bothers to wait for it at that point.

Who says the F1 isn't exclusively for the BRD-simulator and that it will find it's way into the game customers paid for?

I'm SO glad I hesitated to buy/be scammed by nKpro... Sorry guys, I feel your pain, I really do, this is just my point of view...
Yeah, it's actually very likely that the public will never see the F1 car. Just like the Osella one. Or the track/car editor. Or the 1.03 patch.
Quote from JTbo :Was it 1.0.2 patch that made one of more powerful cars almost impossible to spin? Well anyway that is then not possible to drive even offline and I think it was one of cars many would enjoy.

The fix is simple. Use the 1.01 tires on the F3 car. Works perfectly.

Why Kunos couldn't come up with that in over a year i don't know
Quote from bbman :I'm SO glad I hesitated to buy/be scammed by nKpro... Sorry guys, I feel your pain, I really do, this is just my point of view...

I certainly don't feel scammed by him over my initial purchase. I still stand by the opinion that its far and away the best sim I've ever driven, and I've had the best racing in the GPC league.
Nothing comes closer to fooling my brain into thinking I'm in a racing car.

The only thing that pisses me off royally is that he never finished the job, and never comes up with the things that were promised.
NEVER promise things you can't deliver on.
can somebody explain me?... the dev team of netkar pro doesnt want to complete the game? or im wrong... cuz i didnt understand (a little bit) of what Tristan said
Quote from chanoman315 :can somebody explain me?... the dev team of netkar pro doesnt want to complete the game? or im wrong... cuz i didnt understand (a little bit) of what Tristan said

Looks like
I want my money back:mad: and i paid for it pre release. Im so stupid
This sim is a joke
Quote from The Moose :I still stand by the opinion that its far and away the best sim I've ever driven.

Really?, I thought it drove quite poorly, especially the wierd 90DEG snap oversteers and the way the car feels like its attached to the track through it's middle by some big pole.

Hey ho, one man's meat is another man's poison I guess...........
I think at the core it's a nice sim, the tyres feel pretty good, the cars seem nicely mechanical, but it's not even 90% finished. That's what drives me nuts - that he's busy developing custom content for third parties and seems content to leave his customers with a broken product.
Quote from danowat :Really?, I thought it drove quite poorly, especially the wierd 90DEG snap oversteers and the way the car feels like its attached to the track through it's middle by some big pole.

90 degree snap oversteer was gone by the first patch.

As for feeling like its attached to the track through it's middle by some big pole....i haven't got the faintest idea what your talking about

I've never heard anyone say that about it before, probably because it's simply not true.
Quote from The Moose :The fix is simple. Use the 1.01 tires on the F3 car. Works perfectly.

Why Kunos couldn't come up with that in over a year i don't know

Is that just a copy-overwrite of files, or something more complicated? Because I'd quite like to try it out!
i was planning to buy ntkar pro, and now i hear this i think i shouldnt buy it right?....and thats why all the links of download of the demo are gone right?
Save your money for something more likely - like surviving World War Nineteen, or having to pay Elvis Presley menaces money.
Quote from tristancliffe :Save your money for something more likely

Like betting on england winning the world cup or me getting my platinum CTRA licence tonight.

Anyway, I only have 4 points till bronze, but hell those 4 points are being hard to get.
Quote from The Moose :Anyone interested in an F1 sim that you might get to see this decade should check this out http://www.vgp3.com/main.php . There is a large article in the latest Autosimsport magazine all about it, looks very promising.

btw does anyone know how to get vgp2 to recognize a dfp?
worked just fine with a joystick but i just couldnt get it to work with the dfp

Quote from bbman :I'm SO glad I hesitated to buy/be scammed by nKpro... Sorry guys, I feel your pain, I really do, this is just my point of view...

+1
some indie developers manage to be worse than atari
actually now that ive said it i have to admit thats quite an achievement

lastly... about that motion platform im thoroughly unimpressed by it
cant simulate constant forces, rather slow and it looks like a toy
whats more its built by people who cant even mount a camera properly to a cars body *looks in tristans direction*
Hey, my camera isn't mounted THAT badly! It's been damn rock solid on the car (apart from the last race, when it started to move, but it was dead by then anyway).

The problem has been the camera INTERNALS - either the lens moving, or the wires inside falling off their contacts. I've been assured (yeah right) that this is sorted now, and that I can almost guarantee footage from every session this year, if I remember to turn it on. To that I say "not likely!".
Quote from The Moose :I certainly don't feel scammed by him over my initial purchase. I still stand by the opinion that its far and away the best sim I've ever driven, and I've had the best racing in the GPC league.
Nothing comes closer to fooling my brain into thinking I'm in a racing car.

I never felt at home at it because of the FF-dropoff (the rest of the FF seems fine)... Maybe it's just a setup-thing? Maybe you can direct me to a decent setup so I can re-evaluate?

Also, what FF setup should I be running (in nK and Profiler)?
Quote from bbman :Also, what FF setup should I be running (in nK and Profiler)?

What wheel do you have?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG