You don't need to know when the reds light up, it's not like you're looking for a precision representation of the lights sequence - just like the remote program is not a precision representation of the actual racing. Simply start a red light sequence at race restart, and as soon as any small movement is reported, throw it green. By the time the green is shown, the user won't have registered much of a movement. It's a system that would plug the gap with a solution that is perfectly adequate for the level of detail modelled by the system.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Got a weird thing and it may just be lag somewhere. I am connected to CTRA 3 and following it on remote. And the cars seem to fly out of every corner and i can see they are not and then the system aligns itself again. Seems some lost info, but server seems not to be lagging.

There is a glitch that i'm trying to fix which is related to the relay. This causes 2 second glitches sometimes, but it shouldn't be every corner.
Quote from Victor :There is a glitch that i'm trying to fix which is related to the relay. This causes 2 second glitches sometimes, but it shouldn't be every corner.

Pretty much was am afraid. Was on AS7 i think.
Mac version works BTW, might be nice though with a custom .rsrc file for a better icon?
Zachary, it's a compiled .app, with flash player in it (Universal), and the swf in the Resources folder as movie.swf

Vic: If you have the PSD for the LFS logo (the .exe), I don't mind making a proper .icns file for the viewer.
Universal for the intel macs? darn. Power PC here.
I'm to tired to figure it out today. (exams)
Zachary, Universal means it works on both. There's 3 different kinds of Mac Binarys, there's PowerPC ones (which run on Intel using Rosetta), there's Intel ones, which are Intel only (Like VMware), and Universal which have both PPC and Intel in the .app, and it picks the correct one and executes.
That is fantastic
works on my Pc, so its probibly my tiredness/lack of Mac knowledge .
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Zachary, it's a compiled .app, with flash player in it (Universal), and the swf in the Resources folder as movie.swf

Vic: If you have the PSD for the LFS logo (the .exe), I don't mind making a proper .icns file for the viewer.

Thanks for the offer, but let's wait a bit for a Remote logo. That then can be used for icons hopefully.
Ok, for Mac icons atleast, it'd be nice to have them in 512, just because of the way OSX deals with the icons.
Nice little app this, but I did find an issue. Was watching on a CTRA server (simply because it was the only active one with more than 2 people on it) and after maybe 20 secs it timed out.

Quote :InSim Relay connection closed by server.
Will try to reconnect in 3 seconds.
Reconnection attempt #1
InSim Relay connection created
Selecting 'CTRA Race 1'
Invalid hostname selected.
InSim Relay connection closed by server.
Will try to reconnect in 3 seconds.
Reconnection attempt #1
IO Error : Error #2031
Reconnection attempt #2
Reconnection attempt #3
Tried 3 reconnects, but they failed. Giving up

Could be some kind of InSim conflict with the CTRA system? Forced cache refresh on the browser (Opera 9) didn't work, but closing the tab and reopening it did.
[Edit: Bizarrely, after I reopened the tab, the rest of the race ran fine]
[Edit2: After the race was over I got the same thing from "Invalid hostname selected" but I assume this would be the server changing track]
no i was working on the relay and had to restart it a couple of times.

The 2 second glitches should be fixed now and the relay shouldn't have to be restarted anymore (for a while).
Vicc, this is really great!

But do you have any idea why it doesn't work on my ubuntu + firefox + flash 9, but works on win xp + firefox + flash 9 on the same computer?
what do you see when you start it? Does it show anything at all? A background colour, a message ? Do you have your ubuntu firewall setup to allow outgoing connections on non-default ports? Do you have strict flash security settings? (i've never looked at them, but apparently you can select to disable network features somewhere)
Hm, works almost fine in Ubuntu Linux and both:

- Firefox 2
- Opera 9.5 Alpha

and flash plugin ver. 9,0,21,55.

And I say "almost", because the only issue I found was the text log on the top left not apearing. It seems like a white-on-white color, and/or a font not being found.

I can even mark some text (the black "invisible" text). I just can't see it.

Other than that, it worked great!
Attached images
lfs_remote_small_bug.jpg
Looks like it didn't find the font. I'll try making it Arial like the rest (please check later today for an updated browser version).
Quote from Victor :what do you see when you start it? Does it show anything at all? A background colour, a message ? Do you have your ubuntu firewall setup to allow outgoing connections on non-default ports?

I see only "refresh" and "show empty hosts" buttons on gray background. I haven't touched the netfilter at all, so I suppose that all ports are open? I also forwarded the port through my hardware NAT.

Sorry for dragging this towards user support instead of user feedback

edit: and i also see the "InSim Relay connection created" in top left corner.
edit2: and flash security settings are as loose as possible for www.lfsworld.net
Quote from Victor :Looks like it didn't find the font. I'll try making it Arial like the rest

Let me add that the font in alerts (the ones that pop up in the centre, such as when you double-click a host that requires a spec pass) might need changing too.

Well, at least for Linux users and their crappy Flash player that doesn't fall back to other fonts like it should.
Victor, by any chance did you change it by now? Because FYI I just tried on my laptop, also Ubuntu Linux, where I have some additional fonts installed, and it works.
i JUST changed it - probably some minutes _after_ you posted this :P
Wow thats amazing! Thanks for sharing =]
Noticed something else just now. A qualification started while I was connected, and it said 15 minutes up in the corner but didn't start counting down until the first person crossed the finish line, then it caught up to the right time as the server.

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG