The Fights/ramming
STFU about other sims ATL, or i will kill you
I just got here
Friends with Dev
occupying yourself while you wait for GT5
because it brings on renal prolapse, no wait that's why i got a ford gt

*top gear moment, sorry*

i was introduced to it

and it runs on my laptop and my mates played it, same reason im buying halo 3 so i can play it with friends
First I bought SimBin Race07 because I wanted to race online.... then I tried about 30 times to do a 5 laps race online but could never finish because of network disconnect!!

Then a friend told me LFS is the most realist car simulator and the multiplayer is reliable so I gave it a try on demo.... and decided to buy it the same night!!

I really like the game, it had me buy another steering and now I can race a friend at home while another one's watching the race on a third computer with different camera views!
I bought LFS because I mis-read the name and thought it was another NFS release.

I bought LFS because I was tired of all the fast cars in other racing games and I thought LFS stood for "Live For Slow" (as in all the cars in S1, except the LX6, which was made undrivable to punish those who would even think of driving such a fast car).

I bought LFS just so the developers wouldn't have to get real jobs.

I bought LFS just so I could post in this forum.
#54 - JJ72
Because I wasn't paying for the credit card I used.

I actually hold 500 vouchers as stocks, and thank god British pound is going strong!!
#55 - JTbo
Must be weirdest poll results I have seen, why people pick fights/ramming ?
Quote from JTbo :Must be weirdest poll results I have seen, why people pick fights/ramming ?

I guess they misunderstood it for "close, but clean fights for a position". I'm not sure how the poll creator meant it, either.

I don't really think so many people like wrecking.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't really think so many people like wrecking.

When you're new to the game you want to try it... it's fun...

Every time I show the game to a new friend, they do it.
I chose LFS ,becouse i really like a adrenaline racing like in a real life.In the begining i was thinking that the game Sucks ,but after a month ,every day playing.I think that the Need for Speed Sucks
Live for speed is the best racing game that i am playing ever.
Greetz to Developers,i hope that anyone can make Bespoke to work with Y
Quote from Uncle Rooster :When you're new to the game you want to try it... it's fun...

Every time I show the game to a new friend, they do it.

I hope you don't let them do this on S2 servers because you could find yourself banned from most servers very fast then.
Quote from zeugnimod :I hope you don't let them do this on S2 servers because you could find yourself banned from most servers very fast then.

No, I make a LAN server when I wanna race friends .....
Th cars, tracks, and the racing online. Is my first online racer and when i saw a LX6 on BH Motorsport i was amazed.
Because of physics and ... I don't know, LFS can give me something, what any other game can't, i have played a lot of games but none of them held my interest for so long except LFS.

And of course, because of drifting, none of the racing games gave me so much realism in the drifting
i didn´t choose lfs, lfs chose me.
In Soviet Russia, LFS chooses you!
Physics, community, online.
#66 - DeMS
Plenty of reasons, even though the path that did lead me to LFS was rather tough and full of "unexpected events" if you like.

My little story goes as follows, if you're willing to read:
-> Used to have a good old Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel with which I used to play NFS:Porsche, thinking that it was great and far more realistic than many other games I could have access to at the time.
After a couple of unpredictable events, I was left without wheel and my attention went to FPS instead (having 56k modem kind of "forced" me this way), but I discovered LFS at that time, was at about 0.1 version and free.

-> Years later, while trying to pass my driving license, and willing to go back again into racing, I thought it would be a great idea to buy some wheel and a game that would simulate how a car actually handles, not a "game with cars", so I bought a G25 and started the research for racing "sims", which lead me to make some crazy buys, since I wanted to test the games myself (you can not always trust in subjective reviews, people tend to justify their inversion into the product), so thing ended up with me trying Racer, netKart Pro, and other online games, buying NFS:C, RACE, rTractor and finally, after battling against my bank for a couple of weeks, I managed to get my LFS license.

Being completely honest, I am in no position to tell you why I like it over the others as accurately as most people in this forum who are there for much longer, but I can tell you that it is the only program "with cars" that I execute on my computer since I did get it.

Main reasons for me right now are: Physics, constant development - you are not left out with a bugged product like many retail games do, fun and enjoyment of driving the cars, the cars themselves, the tracks (which suit the driving requirements of the cars, for a more balanced whole) and the community, always willing to help as long as you also make positive contribution.

It just is unique.
BTW, i actually ment wrecking when i said fights

ALRIGHT, who says they want to kill me?!?!?!?!
I didn't, my friend did for me.

He started playing (yes, I'll admit it) a cracked version, but enjoyed it so much that he done the honest thing and paid for it.

As we'd play online together all the time, it meant I had to have it too. Off I went to buy a steering wheel, bought LFS, then downloaded it.

Was never a demo-er
#69 - DRat
I bought it for the girls, of course.

Not finding any of those, I've had to be satisfied with the decent physics and the excellent online racing. Certainly not for the AI, at least until recently.
Quote from atlantian :BTW, i actually ment wrecking when i said fights

ALRIGHT, who says they want to kill me?!?!?!?!

Tell that Alien, Jonesy, NIKI, Vykos and co.

They surely don't drive like the average wrecker.
Physics, Online Racing and Community.

Buuuuuut I have been in Race 07 solo alot lately because my eyes and ears need just a bit mo candy.

C.
Does anybody really choose LFS? Usually just gets stumbled upon.

But, I needed a break from GT4 waiting for GT5..... now I will never go back to the GT series.
The close Knit community. Hank, Kev: You guys taught me techniques of knitting that made me the man I am today, I love you guys!

:hide:
Because it felt good to drive, First thing I remember was seeing all the gaudy multi coloured names and coming from GPL thinking "don't like this"... lol.

I remember when It was a community for me, Packed servers so busy that you had to get someone on Teamspeak to tell you.... join now!! when someone left the server , Enjoying racing hour after hour, wearing out 2 logitech Momo wheels , REALLY looking forward to getting back online for a good race and a good laugh,£24 for 4 years of that ...bargain.

why did you choose LFS?
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG